The "Shit I just bought" thread

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Memory foam is so weird, because you initially feel like it doesn't work at all, and it feels super firm.

A few nights on and you wonder how you ever slept on anything else.

The problem is that I know you're supposed to turn it like every 6 weeks or so, but now it's really firm on the opposite side, with a dip where my feet go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had memory foam for awhile and at first I liked it but I grew to hate it. Got too hot and it felt too soft to me. I did fall asleep instantly a lot though.

Last year we decided to go all out, upgraded from a shitty queen set to a king. The queen was actually a quality set but the mattress was old school springs We bought a sleigh bed and Sealy mattress. Super thick mattress that weighs a fuckton. We went to a sleep lab and they measured our bodies and sleeping positions and some other horse shit then brought us to a few mattresses. The one we decided on is the best mattress I've ever slept on.

I think it was $3k plus $1k for the frame, but it made my sleep that much better. We rotate the matress every 6 months and it's a hassle but damn it's nice.

The point is while it was expensive, I instantly got better sleep on a real, quality bed.

Id try out mattresses locally and find something that feels good then research deals on it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think you can tell much about a mattress by laying on it in the showroom. You really need to sleep on it for a while to have a real opinion.

I think most new mattresses are great and maybe some last longer than others but $4k for a bed is just buying in to marketing. Did you know that there are also $50,000 beds? Do you think people with those get some kind of magic super-sleep? There is a product for every price range and they have to come up with some rationalization to try to convince you to spend as much as possible and you are conditioned to like things better if you paid a lot for them.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I only bought the 2 camera system, and it was $170 at Fry's last week. Normally its like $250 or something I think.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I do NOT like my Tuft and Needle. It's not comfortable and it started sagging in the middle within a year.

Would not recommend. In fact, I recommend not getting one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I do NOT like my Tuft and Needle. It's not comfortable and it started sagging in the middle within a year.

Would not recommend. In fact, I recommend not getting one.

Yea I've had two, years ago. One was more budget and one was super expensive. Both were really hot during the summer and both were really awful for extracurricular activities because you just sink into them instantly. Maybe there are better ones that are more supportive without turning into bricks these days.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
91SulWz1jtL._SX522SX522_SY385_CR,0,0,522,385_PIbundle-5,TopRight,0,0_SX522_SY385_CR,0,0,522,385_SH20_.jpg

Just spent like $100 on a 10 pack of these. Will review later

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
People are going to disagree with me, but I'm pretty sure 90% of mattresses is just marketing. It's a soft pad to sleep on. My brother and sister in law have been buying those $300 king mattresses off of Amazon and people that stay with them all say they are awesome.
You're right. The market here in Germany ranges from €100 for a cheap foam mattress up to €1k if you want to feel like hot shit.

We also have Stiftung Warentest - Wikipedia which tests consumer products, and they gave the "anti cartel mattress" the best grades ever given to a mattress, €200 each in standard size. So of course when we bought a new bed earlier this year I ordered two of these and we're very happy with them.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't think you can tell much about a mattress by laying on it in the showroom. You really need to sleep on it for a while to have a real opinion.

I think most new mattresses are great and maybe some last longer than others but $4k for a bed is just buying in to marketing. Did you know that there are also $50,000 beds? Do you think people with those get some kind of magic super-sleep? There is a product for every price range and they have to come up with some rationalization to try to convince you to spend as much as possible and you are conditioned to like things better if you paid a lot for them.
What bed? We could use something for the guest room.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
People are going to disagree with me, but I'm pretty sure 90% of mattresses is just marketing. It's a soft pad to sleep on. My brother and sister in law have been buying those $300 king mattresses off of Amazon and people that stay with them all say they are awesome.

I totally agree with you. I'm done spending thousands on mattresses. I've spent 4k one year on a mattress? Fucker had a fox hole within the year. Granted I am 300lbs, so that's to be expected. But one fuckin year? They then came over to replace it and gave me shit because I must have been throwing grenades at it or something. They knocked me down to some lesser brand. The damn mattress lasted me 5 years before I noticed the sag!

Now? I just say fuckit. 500 bucks tops. Maybe a grand. Mattress goes on the floor, and I sleep like a baby.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I bought one of those Zinus foam mattresses off of amazon this year and have been pretty happy with it. Was about $200 for a queen.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Is there a big difference between the Amazon Echo Dot and the Google Home Mini? Just looks like I have to buy chromecast audio to connect headphones to a home mini. Both are 30 bucks right now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Have this same pair, sent the Bose Quiet Comforts the day I got them and got these. Haven't looked back.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A local overhead door shop auctioned all of their tools online and I picked up a couple nice tools. Cost me $300 but since they're in good condition and would cost like $800 new I am pretty pleased with the purchase.

dewalt-nibblers-shears-dw898-64_1000.jpg

61FHU64f23L._SL1150_.jpg

• 1Like