The "Shit I just bought" thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, back to my knife debate....I pulled the trigger on some Kamikoto knife sets (3 sets) based on social media......FIN!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Cool. What res you playing at, and how well does that machine do? My son wants a new PC to game with, but he never sticks with PC gaming. So I want to spend as little as possible.
I finally got the cpu on monday and built it that evening. Been playing a bit WoW, Elite Dangerous, and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. Both WoW and ED are running on ultra or whatever you want to call it, haven't really looked at FPS, I'll try and find an overlay or something.

PUBG puts more strain on it but it's still very playable at 1080p and I don't know maybe 50Hz because I'm stupid and play on my old TV. I'm not at home right now but I'd guess medium settings.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I finally got the cpu on monday and built it that evening. Been playing a bit WoW, Elite Dangerous, and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds. Both WoW and ED are running on ultra or whatever you want to call it, haven't really looked at FPS, I'll try and find an overlay or something.

PUBG puts more strain on it but it's still very playable at 1080p and I don't know maybe 50Hz because I'm stupid and play on my old TV. I'm not at home right now but I'd guess medium settings.

Thx for the update man.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
https://www.amazon.com/DOH-RV001-NE...e_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=yo_ii_img

love it

51+Fdkdt4qL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I was getting unusually fungal from working longer sweatier hours. I bought some of this on an amazon lightning deal.

Dr_Bronner_s_Organic_Tea_Tree_Castile_Liquid_Soap_472ml_1374829996.png

I wasnt expecting much from 'hippy soap', but it worked well. doesnt lather up much but it doesnt dry out my skin. the tea tree oil killed whatever I had growing on me and even cleared up dry scalp.

• 2Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s great for long hours. Most comfortable chair I’ve sat in. Jysin Jysin is jelly.

Are the side bolsters made to keep you planted in the seat from the high G-forces while grabbing for the bag of Cheetos? =D

I honestly do not get the appeal of these race seat desk chairs. Nevermind the fact it is fucking neon green.

Glad you like it though!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are the side bolsters made to keep you planted in the seat from the high G-forces while grabbing for the bag of Cheetos? =D

I honestly do not get the appeal of these race seat desk chairs. Nevermind the fact it is fucking neon green.

Glad you like it though!

You can get any color you want even black. Don’t knock until you try it though it’s very comfortable.

The adjustability and comfort smokes my Costco executive which has gotten high praise here. The arm rests are pretty durable and move side to side and lock so yes I could strap myself down during a big raid and perform operation Funnel Pizza rolls and Cheetos.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought a Peloton last week.
Link? How do you like it?

My Schwinn elliptical finally died about a year ago after like 12 years. I've been looking to replace it with some kind of indoor cardio(too hot and humid to run outside during the summer).

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I got one about 3 years ago. The thing is one of the best items I have ever bought as a comfort/needed item. My fiancée gave me a lot of crap about it when she found out how much I paid for it before we got together, but now she won't even sit at her own desk because my chair is that much better. If you sit at your desk a lot, go for it.

I had an armrest break about a year ago. I called them and they sent me a new improved set 3 days later. Lifetime warranty is nice.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

My Schwinn elliptical finally died about a year ago after like 12 years. I've been looking to replace it with some kind of indoor cardio(too hot and humid to run outside during the summer).

That thing is $2000 plus you have to pay $40 bucks a month to stream videos of some pretty person yelling at you while you ride it. The subscription model is especially devious when you know that most home exercise equipment becomes a laundry rack in a few months. It's pretty fucking amazing from a marketing standpoint. When it comes down to actual fitness though, it doesn't do anything that a $300 spin bike doesn't do, provided you point it at a TV.

I had an amazing moment watching a south park rerun the other day because this commercial on the show:

and then it went directly to this real commercial for a peloton

and it was like, this could all be one commercial. So I guess what the Peloton actually does is turn you into a beautiful 25 year old rich person with a flat stomach living in a million dollar loft in Manhattan.

• 2Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Peloton ®| Exercise Bike With Indoor Cycling Classes Streamed Live & On-Demand

Loving it so far. Mostly got it for my wife because she was big into running (ran Chicago marathon last year, planning on doing it again this year) and she got pretty significantly injured so she can't run much anymore. I am overweight and out of shape and have been using it every night or even waking up and riding at like 5 A.M. some mornings.