A Mod Real Quick
It goes against anything I've heard but if it works for you man

I just set mine so it does 360 over 12 inches or whatever

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It goes against anything I've heard but if it works for you man

I just set mine so it does 360 over 12 inches or whatever

This explains it pretty well:

DPI is different from the typical mouse sensitivity setting. DPI refers to a mouse’s hardware capabilities, while sensitivity is just a software setting. For example, let’s say you have a very cheap mouse with low DPI and you crank up the sensitivity. If you tried to aim at small targets, you’ll see the mouse cursor jump around as you move it. The mouse hardware isn’t as sensitive, so it doesn’t detect the smaller movements. Your operating system just compensates by moving your cursor farther when it does detect a movement, so the movement isn’t as smooth.

A high DPI mouse can also be paired with a low sensitivity setting, so the cursor won’t fly across the screen when you move it but the movement will stay smooth.
High DPI mice are more useful if you have a higher-resolution monitor. If you’re playing a game on a low-resolution 1366×768 laptop screen, you don’t necessarily need that high DPI. On the other hand, if you’re playing a game on a 3840×2160 4K monitor, a higher DPI lets you move your mouse cursor across the screen smoothly without having to drag your mouse across your entire desk.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
DPI impacts CPU performance as well. I lowered mine to net a good 10fps in BF1. I ended up having to put it back though because it felt so sluggish, not a big deal if you're not trying to limp a 4670k along as far as you can before upgrading.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A new statue just arrived. She-ra from the Master of the Universe.

Tomorrow I’ll put her with He-Man, Skeletor and Evil-Lyn.

0F9A4B3E-7B57-40C0-B883-8047B497BBC4.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This explains it pretty well:

DPI is different from the typical mouse sensitivity setting. DPI refers to a mouse’s hardware capabilities, while sensitivity is just a software setting. For example, let’s say you have a very cheap mouse with low DPI and you crank up the sensitivity. If you tried to aim at small targets, you’ll see the mouse cursor jump around as you move it. The mouse hardware isn’t as sensitive, so it doesn’t detect the smaller movements. Your operating system just compensates by moving your cursor farther when it does detect a movement, so the movement isn’t as smooth.

A high DPI mouse can also be paired with a low sensitivity setting, so the cursor won’t fly across the screen when you move it but the movement will stay smooth.
High DPI mice are more useful if you have a higher-resolution monitor. If you’re playing a game on a low-resolution 1366×768 laptop screen, you don’t necessarily need that high DPI. On the other hand, if you’re playing a game on a 3840×2160 4K monitor, a higher DPI lets you move your mouse cursor across the screen smoothly without having to drag your mouse across your entire desk.
I dunno. A lot of pros lower dpi and raise sensitivity until they get 360 per 12 inches or whatever. Whatever works for you though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I dunno. A lot of pros lower dpi and raise sensitivity until they get 360 per 12 inches or whatever. Whatever works for you though.

It amounts to the same thing. The DPI on your mouse can go a lot higher (assuming you have a 16400 mouse in this case) than the mouse acceleration. Meaning you can drop the mouse acceleration to nothing. Allowing you to smooth it out even more.

Grab the mouse off amazon and try it. Get a DPI mouse with something crazy like 16400. Does nothing? Return it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Here you go all 4 together. These are from Sideshow Collectibles, and they are a reinterpretation of the characters with a more realistic take. They are not meant to be the cartoon version exactly.

MotU3.JPG

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They look great. I have to say He-Man looks much more badass than I pictured.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
My 76 year old mother loves her tablet. But over the years she has had problems with the charging ports getting ruined/damaged. (Old eyes and knocking / yanking the cord out)

I just got some of these magnetic charger cables. Fucking amazing.

Magnetic Cable

The little plug stays in the tablet, the corb has magnets that align it to the plug. Best part, it goes both ways.

Fucking Mind Bottling.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
In an effort to look cool when cruising thru the hood...Snagged some Oakley's Deviation's off Ebay. Haven't used Ebay in years, hope I get these fuckers.

aaaaa.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user