The "Shit I just bought" thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can anyone give me a rundown on sunglasses brands that aren't overpriced chink made trash coasting on the reputation of now dead brand name? I can't believe some this cheap plastic shit I see selling for $150+ that don't even have polarized lenses.

I'm an Oakley man...Looking to add a pair of Badman's to the collection.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I too am an Oakley "man". I have learned to by the empty frames over on Ebay and you can find poloarized lenses on Amazon at a fraction of the cost in which are 10x better then what Oakley sells. I have done this a few times and have saved $100's on new pairs.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I moved away from Oakley and am now loving Costa sunglasses. The amber lenses they have are fantastic and darker than alot of other brands. Once you go amber everything else just isn't as clear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i'm getting CORSAIR Gaming Performance FPS MOBA Keycap Kit
61BMxWAqbIL._SL1000_.jpg

Only to replace my F/J keys. the "nubs" or the indent on em are gone, so these should be fun to test out.

i might be horrible, i have a kinesis keyboard and the keycap heights are non standard.

the contour is ok, i don't mind it's "cheap" ABS plastic since the textured face is rubberized anyway, but man does it feel cheap.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I moved away from Oakley and am now loving Costa sunglasses. The amber lenses they have are fantastic and darker than alot of other brands. Once you go amber everything else just isn't as clear.
Hit me with some links

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Meh. Not many metal frames. Those they do have look pretty flimsy.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a problem buying gaming mice (this photo is 2 years old - i have more now)

304ef755_mouse.jpeg

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Hit me with some links
These are mine COSTA BLACKFIN SUNGLASSES
Meh. Not many metal frames. Those they do have look pretty flimsy.
I'm not familiar with their metal frames.

They are surprisingly stiff for plastic, though being plastic they do give a little which is nice. Even when they give it's a positive, though slight pressure. They never move on my head; it's a perfect fit. I also hate sunglasses that have light bleed at the edges and these most certainly have none.

Find a local dealer and go try some on. I've had this pair for 3 years and there's not a scratch on the lens. My first pair i had abused and cracked a lens. I sent it in for the warranty and because it was my fault they charged me $40 for new lenses and threw in a new frame because the mounting was cracked. Ended up with a brand new pair for $40 bucks. Customer service is top notch.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Out Grilling, Amazon tells me i get a refund, noticed it looked weird. Come to find out it's a partial refund from a 3rd party. Call to complain, they credit the difference. Search order history, find out i have another order w/ them, double check, half/refund, call up Amazon mad, now i have a history of getting ripped off, credit the difference, $10 promo credit, wished the obvious indian lady a happy 4th.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Prime day is coming up, but some stuff is on sale already. I picked up and
Both are really damn comfortable. I like the color on the hoodie a lot too

I'm pretty sure I actually got the sweat pants for free, unless they figure it out. I think they had fucked up the coupon stuff, so the 50% applied twice and got it no charge.

nazon

Molten Core Raider
2018 has been the year of new things. I've spent too much money. Houses are expensive. These are my recent purchases.

13 kW Tankless Water Heater. The old one flooded my garage, bedroom and bathroom.
Cooper Tires for our family SUV.
New 5 ton 16 seer split central Air conditioner. Old one was 13 years old, falling apart and leaking badly.
New Age Bold 12 Piece steel cabinet set (found a discounted set for 30% off on Amazon). This is me treating myself. Very functional.

I also put in a backyard PVC fence but I don't have pics right now.

Hopefully don't run into any more unexpected expenses.

20180408_125345.jpg

20180714_111229.jpg

20180716_184908.jpg

20180717_184426.jpg

20180722_135148.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
bought a 4m x 6m party tent to put in the garden for kid's birthday parties (and my own of course).

91121-91121-1.jpg

nazon

Molten Core Raider
How well does that tankless water heater work?

It works great. We originally bought a 18kW but had to return it because our electrical panel didn't have enough current. (150 Amp service).
We have two bathrooms, dish washer, and washing machine and have never had an issue running out of hot water. It takes a minute for the water to get hot but that was also the case when we had the tank water heater.

We did trip the main breaker. The breaker started tripping more and more often even when everything in the house was off. We had an electrician look it over. 150 Amps was more than enough to power the water heater. It turns out our main breaker box went bad. Had that replaced too and it hasn't happened again. More $$$ Should post a pic of that thing too!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Picked up a Shield TV on Prime Day. It's delivering today.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a Shield TV on Prime Day. It's delivering today.

Depending upon what you are expecting from it, you should love it. I use mine every day every time I watch anything on my main TV. The 4K streaming is fucking flawless too (wired here, wifi YMMV).

One little tip I discovered is that if you ever have an issue where it starts randomly rebooting itself, just buy another one temporarily, swap the power cable adapter thingy out(if I remember correctly it is literally like a "ballast" unit with a USB-type connector, the ballast is the only part you actually need to change unless you damaged the cable), and then return the temp one. Assuming you are out of warranty/return period of course, or even just don't want to deal with being without it for awhile. Mine started doing that after about 2 years of use, and it drove me fucking crazy. I googled the shit out of it and no one had an answer other than the devs (I'm sure that's not what they are actually called) trying various software updates for people. It finally pissed me off so much that I bought another one, and before I ran all the cables I had the brilliant idea to just swap the power stuff first, and voila, it was fixed!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user