The "Shit I just bought" thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I got it setup last night but I haven't messed with it much. I have it wired on my 4k TV in the living room. Need to start setting up a Plex server now.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Statue time again, another Court of the Dead, this time it's Death himself.

Death.JPG
Death2.JPG
Death3.JPG

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Neat. Your books are disorganized. I see GoT on different shelves. Also a few DragonLance, so you're forgiven :D. What does your SO say about that shrine, Valderen Valderen ? I don't think I could pull that off in a million years with Mrs. Izo.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Neat. Your books are disorganized. I see GoT on different shelves. Also a few DragonLance, so you're forgiven :D. What does your SO say about that shrine, Valderen Valderen ? I don't think I could pull that off in a million years with Mrs. Izo.

There's no Mrs. Valderen, I wouldn't be able to afford those if there was one. ;)

Yeah the books are disorganized, they were in order once, but the last time I move the bookcase I didn't put them back in order, and anytime I think I should do it...I find something else to do.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got it setup last night but I haven't messed with it much. I have it wired on my 4k TV in the living room. Need to start setting up a Plex server now.
Serious question, what are you going to use it for? Just viewing on this TV, or for multiple locations?

The reason I ask is because everyone goes straight for Plex, but if you don't share with other people or devices and only watch on that TV, I feel Kodi is superior. I only ever watch on that one TV, I don't pick up a tablet and continue watching while I take a shit or sit outside or anything. That's my excuse to read a book instead. Granted, I *do* have a separate Plex server for friends that I share with, but for my personal viewing, I prefer Kodi. However, I realize that most people do seem to like taking a tablet wherever, so I might be the minority here.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There's no Mrs. Valderen, I wouldn't be able to afford those if there was one. ;)

Yeah the books are disorganized, they were in order once, but the last time I move the bookcase I didn't put them back in order, and anytime I think I should do it...I find something else to do.
I'm going to assume that the Black Company section is out of frame!

I have like 90% of those books myself, that's awesome. Last time I moved I left them all in the storage containers because I have practically every one of them downloaded now and don't really need them, but fuck if I can bring myself to part with them. I had 4 full-sized IKEA book cases filled with books, which translated to a lot of fucking containers to move :( Maybe if I end up having to move again I'll finally get motivated to donate them somewhere. Probably not. They're my books, man! Some I've had for over 40 years.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Serious question, what are you going to use it for? Just viewing on this TV, or for multiple locations?

The reason I ask is because everyone goes straight for Plex, but if you don't share with other people or devices and only watch on that TV, I feel Kodi is superior. I only ever watch on that one TV, I don't pick up a tablet and continue watching while I take a shit or sit outside or anything. That's my excuse to read a book instead. Granted, I *do* have a separate Plex server for friends that I share with, but for my personal viewing, I prefer Kodi. However, I realize that most people do seem to like taking a tablet wherever, so I might be the minority here.
Yeah, it will be like 99% on my main TV. I'll check out Kodi. I had Kodi on my old HTPC.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
only because I am currently rewatching B5

but...your chair bro...

its Centuri dicks bro...

attempted to find a picture of the one goddess statue from the show, but failed... i did find this tho...

street-fighter-v-chun-li-battle-costume-bishoujo-statue-kotobukiya.jpg
chun li never misses leg day

• 2Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Big Berkey with flouride filters. 5/5, would recommend highly.

Best tasting water I've ever had. Less than a penny per gallon to filter. Flouride free.

It was a bit of a hassle to setup (Approx 30 mins of setup, 3 hours to cycle the filters, 10 mins to wash out the bottom half, and then another hour for the first "batch" of water), but once it was up and running it takes one minute a day for delicious water.

The best thing about the Big Berkey is that it can filter water from any source (except radioactive, obviously). So when the shit hits the fan, and water / food supplies are gone, I'll have all the water I need.

Last edited:

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Big Berkey with flouride filters. 5/5, would recommend highly.

Best tasting water I've ever had. Less than a penny per gallon to filter. Flouride free.

It was a bit of a hassle to setup (Approx 30 mins of setup, 3 hours to cycle the filters, 10 mins to wash out the bottom half, and then another hour for the first "batch" of water), but once it was up and running it takes one minute a day for delicious water.

The best thing about the Big Berkey is that it can filter water from any source (except radioactive, obviously). So when the shit hits the fan, and water / food supplies are gone, I'll have all the water I need.

What do you do when you’ve exhausted your filters and can’t get any new ones because shit has hit the fan?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
What do you do when you’ve exhausted your filters and can’t get any new ones because shit has hit the fan?

The filters I have will last ~5 years given my current usage and I have a backup pair. Figure about a decade of clean water.

At that point I'd resort to drinking rain water filtered through a shirt or something.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So I'm looking for light bulbs. I'm assuming LED? I have a ceiling fan in this room, regular light bulbs get super fucking hot in it and it actually heats up the room. So I'm looking for something that doesn't get so hot and turn the room into a sauna. It's got 3 things for bulbs, I usually only have one in because of heat and it's bright enough with just 1.

Recommendations?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
LED would put out the least amount of heat but I have never used any myself so I'm not sure how well they work for lighting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I'm looking for light bulbs. I'm assuming LED? I have a ceiling fan in this room, regular light bulbs get super fucking hot in it and it actually heats up the room. So I'm looking for something that doesn't get so hot and turn the room into a sauna. It's got 3 things for bulbs, I usually only have one in because of heat and it's bright enough with just 1.

Recommendations?
Yea, LED is the way to go, almost zero heat Tenergy 9W LED Bulb 60 Watt Equivalent A19 LED Light Bulbs, E26 Household Lightbulb, 750 Lumens Energy Saving Lamp Soft/Warm White 2700K Lights, 220°Beam Angle, 6-Pack, Non-Dimmable

you can get them at like $1.5 a bulb now, choose between daylight or softwhite like, thats personal preference. i'm assume it's regular lightbulbs and not candle light bulbs?

for a quick run down, regular joe smoe light bulbs connect w/ e26 (the screw kind)

there are ceiling fans that use the thinner screw kid e12 usualaly called candelabra bulbs

they make em in LED's too, but they cost more cuz they're smaller, at my previous apt, i bought an adapter e12 to e26 to use regular light bulbs in em.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's that time again, new statue from the Court of the Dead again. Gethsemoni: Shaper of Flesh.

This is the regular version, empty right hand resting on the sheathed knife.

Gethsemoni_Regular.JPG

This is the exclusive version, right hand holding the knife with the sheath being empty.

Gethsemoni_Exclusive.JPG

A little close up of her face.

Gethsemoni_Close.JPG

Her back tattoo.

Gethsemoni_Back.JPG

• 2Like