The "Shit I just bought" thread

Kiki

Log Wizard
But that's a sham to make you pay to be certified with every company in the war of germans vs italians. There is nothing different on a Jetta that my mechanic hasn't seen before. If I don't want to take it to a certified shop then void my warranty. Don't make my mechanic or myself buy some specialty tools. It's a tax on mechanics more than anything.

EDIT: Better be certified to change an oil filter? F that noise

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Alright, hit me with the most comfortable toe socks for just lounging around the house. I've never had toe socks, I want to try them. I'm a big fan of comfortable socks around the house, so I'm looking for comfort. Not too hot though, because Florida

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Alright, hit me with the most comfortable toe socks for just lounging around the house. I've never had toe socks, I want to try them. I'm a big fan of comfortable socks around the house, so I'm looking for comfort. Not too hot though, because Florida
I have a bunch of not-so-high Injinji toe socks, like 10 pairs. Can recommend.

On home appliances, being in Germany I know not half of the brands you guys have, but Siemens / Bosch build some solid stuff. Top Tier is Miele but I can't afford those. They last a lifetime though.

Never again buying AEG / Bauknecht. Not buying noname stuff either. I am somewhat interested in the Samsung washers but both our washer and dryer are under 5 years old and Bosch at this point so I may well be in retirement by the time the issue comes up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a bunch of not-so-high Injinji toe socks, like 10 pairs. Can recommend.

On home appliances, being in Germany I know not half of the brands you guys have, but Siemens / Bosch build some solid stuff. Top Tier is Miele but I can't afford those. They last a lifetime though.

Never again buying AEG / Bauknecht. Not buying noname stuff either. I am somewhat interested in the Samsung washers but both our washer and dryer are under 5 years old and Bosch at this point so I may well be in retirement by the time the issue comes up.
i'll never buy another miele again, took me 3hours figuring out how to disassemble and reassemble it
93b6f75a9bd570ab401a332a0e91fd40.png

i didn't know it costs freaking 1/3 the price of the vacuum itself. so much tiny plastic and metal and 1 stripped screw.

oh why'd i have to take it apart? my wife has long hair, even if i cut it from the rollers, it just ends up inside the head somehow.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
i'll never buy another miele again, took me 3hours figuring out how to disassemble and reassemble it
93b6f75a9bd570ab401a332a0e91fd40.png

i didn't know it costs freaking 1/3 the price of the vacuum itself. so much tiny plastic and metal and 1 stripped screw.

oh why'd i have to take it apart? my wife has long hair, even if i cut it from the rollers, it just ends up inside the head somehow.
Oh yeah that. Rotating brushes and long hair don't go well together.
Plus for vaccums we have Vorwerk over here. Miele has a really good reputation for washers/dryers. Didn't even think of vacuums when I posted that.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What else? :)

A new statue, this time Gallevarbe: Eyes of the Queen from the Court of the Dead.

This will be the last Court of the Dead statue for a while, pre-orders usually go up 12 months in advance and I have nothing else on order right now.

With nothing in her left hand.
Gallevarbe with Hand.jpg

with a Knife in her left hand.
Gallevarbe with Knife.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My 2010 Civic ive had to change the brakes, tires, and finally.alternator. She ain't fancy, but she still gets me to cum

My buddy just had the engine seize up in his accord at 125K miles. He had records of all the oil changes and called up Honda and they said "sorry, 100k warranty, go fuck yourself". They wanted $8k to put in a new engine at the dealership. He took it to another shop and got an engine with ~80k miles on it put in for like $3500. Every car brand can fuck you over from time to time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My buddy just had the engine seize up in his accord at 125K miles. He had records of all the oil changes and called up Honda and they said "sorry, 100k warranty, go fuck yourself". They wanted $8k to put in a new engine at the dealership. He took it to another shop and got an engine with ~80k miles on it put in for like $3500. Every car brand can fuck you over from time to time.

I would not call that fucking you over, just bad luck. You expect them to replace it for free after warranty? Every company would go broke that way. I had a Grand Prix that developed a head gasket leak, I guess it was pretty common for the model. Anyway I got a dude I know changed the head gasket and trued up the head at a machine shop (it had a slight warp) but it was never the same after that, not sure if he fucked something up or whatever. Anyways the engine died at like 90K miles. Just bad luck since those GM 3800 engines were like some of their best v6.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I'm not saying they're responsible to do anything, but you expect an engine to last more than 125K these days in any car, let alone a Honda.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm a hat guy and i like to have all different kinds of hats, but most of my caps are wool and too warm for the spring or summer. i dont like regular baseball caps because if i wear any team hat, i get old geezers walking up to me wanting to talk about how so and so is doing this year. i end up looking like a fake fan. so i stopped wearing team caps.

I'm subbed to the Aquachigger youtube channel and he sports this fatigue cap all the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

thats a pretty sweet cap, i messaged him a bunch of times how i can buy one, i thought it was merch he was selling. nope, its his own personal cap.

so i went on Amazon and ordered a generic one.
71mqRajRsPL._UX679_.jpg

now i just hope i dont get some salty veteran wanting to kick my ass for pretending i was military.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never liked that hat style, it was the most annoying part of BDU's. This type was the greatest

Good way to piss off a drill sergeant was to fiddle with the way the hat was sitting on your head until it looked like a civil war era cap.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I never liked that hat style, it was the most annoying part of BDU's. This type was the greatest

I had a hat like that as a kid. It was good for rain but it looked dorky if you were just walking around town with it. I like the green army hat because it looks a little like a ballcap, but it's better made and doesn't have team names on it.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
i dont like regular baseball caps because if i wear any team hat, i get old geezers walking up to me wanting to talk about how so and so is doing this year. i end up looking like a fake fan.

My brother wears a Minnesota Twins cap all the time just because he likes how it looks and it fits right. People are always talking to him about the Twins even though he couldn't name one player on the team and he just nods at them and goes on his way.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My brother wears a Minnesota Twins cap all the time just because he likes how it looks and it fits right. People are always talking to him about the Twins even though he couldn't name one player on the team and he just nods at them and goes on his way.
He's a better man than me. I end up saying "sorry sir, I don't really follow baseball anymore, it's just a cool looking hat." And there goes my fan card and my man card.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Speaking of hats. Is there a good guide around to figure out the right hat type for you? I'm at that age where despite baseball caps being common in my province, I'm not fully comfortable wearing one. But, I need a hat for when I'm being lazy about shaving my head. I don't want to be one of those dudes that wears a goofy hat and doesn't realize it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Here is an amazing guide for wearing hats:

Don’t.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users