The "Shit I just bought" thread

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Channel interference when gym is busy is killing my wireless earbud experience. Perfectly fine when nobody there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Channel interference when gym is busy is killing my wireless earbud experience. Perfectly fine when nobody there.
like it cuts out randomly or theres a specific machine? cuz like at home, my sink is like the bluetooth of death, i could stand over it and it magically sucks up signal, and i've been in my attic, theres nothing up there.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any suggestions for decent yet cheap wireless earbuds for the gym?

An added bonus if they don't get destroyed by 120lb dumbell like my last set.

Also just picked up a new iPad. They’re $249 on Amazon and I haven’t owned a tablet in like 8 years. Seemed fine vs whatever else was out there. More of an impulse buy than anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone recommend some decently priced noise-cancelling headphones for children (ages 3 and 4)? Going on our first plane ride and I want to make it easy on them if possible.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

Just bought this to replace the wallet I've been using for the last year or so. It wasn't awful, but it was cheap chinese crap from amazon. I've come to a point in my life where I can no longer tolerate dealing with basically anything manufactured in China or similar places. It's just all shit and I'd rather pay 4x as much for something made in America that doesn't piss me off all the time. We need a list complied of solid MiUSA companies that don't make trash.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every once in a while I'll buy into something I know is probably going to suck but figure what the hell, it's only a small loss if it is what I think it is.

The latest was a case of wine from NakedWines.com. Never heard of it, got a $100 "voucher" and after their introductory deals a case they state was worth 260 bucks was only $80 with free shipping. 12 bottles of red for $80, figured no big deal if they all suck. Well, they all suck. I'd say they would each be in the $5-$8 range at your local distributor. I tried a cab, a pinot and a merlot. That'll be all I try and I'll probably give the rest away as gifts to people I don't like.

So my review is, don't buy anything from NakedWines.com. It's like overpaying for Boone's Farm. I actually am a little impressed by just how bad a deal it is.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Every once in a while I'll buy into something I know is probably going to suck but figure what the hell, it's only a small loss if it is what I think it is.

The latest was a case of wine from NakedWines.com. Never heard of it, got a $100 "voucher" and after their introductory deals a case they state was worth 260 bucks was only $80 with free shipping. 12 bottles of red for $80, figured no big deal if they all suck. Well, they all suck. I'd say they would each be in the $5-$8 range at your local distributor. I tried a cab, a pinot and a merlot. That'll be all I try and I'll probably give the rest away as gifts to people I don't like.

So my review is, don't buy anything from NakedWines.com. It's like overpaying for Boone's Farm. I actually am a little impressed by just how bad a deal it is.
think of all that Wendy's you could have got breh.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

isn't every food subscription delivery all shit?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Just bought this to replace the wallet I've been using for the last year or so. It wasn't awful, but it was cheap chinese crap from amazon. I've come to a point in my life where I can no longer tolerate dealing with basically anything manufactured in China or similar places. It's just all shit and I'd rather pay 4x as much for something made in America that doesn't piss me off all the time. We need a list complied of solid MiUSA companies that don't make trash.
I use a money clip. I've been using one since just after high school, and I love them. They've also taught me to be a wallet minimalist. By that I mean I have a specific number of "things" in my clip, and that's it.
1.) Cash. I usually top out at around $200.
2.) Drivers License.
3.) ATM card
4.) Primary credit card
5.) Business credit card

My first one was this stainless steel one that had an inlaid stone that my mom got me as a birthday gift because I hated normal wallets. Anyway, this lasted for easily 15 years, but eventually the back section fell off. I tried to have one of our welders repair it, but the quick spark flashed and melted a large section, so I threw it away.
This one looks very similar, but my stone was a slight bluish color.

Now I use a real cheap plastic looking one, but it works great. It was $17.49 when I purchased it a few years ago.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Mother fucker Amazon delivery put my iPad on my neighbors deck instead of my house. These neighbors hate me b/c I called the cops on their dogs that kept jumping the fence so I'm thinking this is a lost cause. Maybe I'll just play stupid and tell them I don't recognize the house in the picture provided for delivery confirmation and they'll send me another one. Then hit up the neighbors and see if they'll give me the original one. 1st time they've ever messed up a delivery for me but I'm assuming it was a Sunday Amazon driver and not my local post office.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't really overthink it, just say "that's not my house" and that's good enough

Yeah that’s all I said. They said check back at 5pm in case the delivery comes anyways and they’d forward it to the correct dept. Nothing I need critical just supposed to thunderstorm this afternoon and don’t want it sitting on their deck heh.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mother fucker Amazon delivery put my iPad on my neighbors deck instead of my house. These neighbors hate me b/c I called the cops on their dogs that kept jumping the fence so I'm thinking this is a lost cause. Maybe I'll just play stupid and tell them I don't recognize the house in the picture provided for delivery confirmation and they'll send me another one. Then hit up the neighbors and see if they'll give me the original one. 1st time they've ever messed up a delivery for me but I'm assuming it was a Sunday Amazon driver and not my local post office.
if it's a picture, then it's amazon's own delivery service, HOWEVER that basically means some "guy" just answered an ad to be a delivery driver and he uses their app to confirm delivery and they rent a uhaul delivery truck for the day.

i mean seriously thats what my security cams show, these are all different drivers too, every different day. while my ups and usps guys are the same.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My total is 68 items ordered and total spend is $3,579. Mostly Christmas, wedding, and a few birthday gifts for people.

I shudder to think what my brothers total must be, lol. He gets about 5 or 6 packages delivered a week.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I heard omahasteaks was good.

You bet your rump roast they are! I got a gift for Christmas from my ex. The package didn't make it in time, they shipped out ANOTHER package for free as a sorry. They second package made it before the 1st package arrived. I had to give my dad the original order, since I had nowhere to put all the meat.

Wait for the holiday specials. Some of the deals are crazy if you're a meat head like myself.

They have a customer for life.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You bet your rump roast they are! I got a gift for Christmas from my ex. The package didn't make it in time, they shipped out ANOTHER package for free as a sorry. They second package made it before the 1st package arrived. I had to give my dad the original order, since I had nowhere to put all the meat.

Wait for the holiday specials. Some of the deals are crazy if you're a meat head like myself.

They have a customer for life.

Ok great thanks