The "Shit I just bought" thread

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Got Logitec G pro wireless mouse. As an Deathadder elite user I was skeptical. The logitec is very good, much better than I expected. The weight and the battery life is hard to believe at first.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged a cold brew ice coffee maker...Was sick of spending 3 bucks a pop every morning and 3 bucks again in the evening.

Takes up to 36 hours to make a damn quart though. Depending on the taste, I may get the larger size.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Snagged a cold brew ice coffee maker...Was sick of spending 3 bucks a pop every morning and 3 bucks again in the evening.

Takes up to 36 hours to make a damn quart though. Depending on the taste, I may get the larger size.

remember its concentrate

so dilute it, also 36 is way too long, less than 24, is ideal

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
1st batch was meh. Not strong enough. Tasted much different than I am used to. Looks like all the coffee grinds aren't getting wet in the container. I will pour water directly over the grinds next time. I followed the directions of 2 cups of water per 1 cup cold brew after 24 hours of brewing.

Will need to experiment with water/ice amounts along with a decent no calorie sweetener and creamer. Dunkin Donuts coffee isn't nearly strong enough.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
1st batch was meh. Not strong enough. Tasted much different than I am used to. Looks like all the coffee grinds aren't getting wet in the container. I will pour water directly over the grinds next time. I followed the directions of 2 cups of water per 1 cup cold brew after 24 hours of brewing.

Will need to experiment with water/ice amounts along with a decent no calorie sweetener and creamer. Dunkin Donuts coffee isn't nearly strong enough.
whats your ratio and seep time?

imo start out with 1oz grind to 8oz water, and 18hr seep

imo, it depends on the coffee you use as well, i do 1oz grind to 6oz water

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
whats your ratio and seep time?

imo start out with 1oz grind to 8oz water, and 18hr seep

imo, it depends on the coffee you use as well, i do 1oz grind to 6oz water

I brewed 3 1/2 cups water to 12 tablespoons coffee. Let that seep 24 hours. Coffee was Dunkins' regular blend. I have a bold generic coffee that was just sitting on the shelf. That's in the fridge now. You're leading me down a better way of making coffee though. I need to be more precise with my measurements. I will try the 1oz grind to 6oz water after this batch.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I brewed 3 1/2 cups water to 12 tablespoons coffee. Let that seep 24 hours. Coffee was Dunkins' regular blend. I have a bold generic coffee that was just sitting on the shelf. That's in the fridge now. You're leading me down a better way of making coffee though. I need to be more precise with my measurements. I will try the 1oz grind to 6oz water after this batch.
oh yea, that coffee probably stank, also it has to be whole bean and grind right b4 you brew, otherwise if you buy preground you just use the whole bag at once, which many ppl do, with the larger coldbrews like filtron, etc.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I use 2 cups of beans for every gallon pitcher I make, 24 hour steep. I drink that ratio straight, so no diluting with water.

These are the beans I use.

Ground at the coarsest settings my grinder can make.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Got this for work
and it's nice so far. Had a wired Logitech trackball but the right mouse button would most of the time not work or require to be pressed in a weird angle after all these years. Can't reliably play WoW with that so it had to go.

New one is wireless and I hate wireless, but meh. Won't take a no-name wired one over a wired Logitech.

Also got
after we tried the Amazon Basics for a week and that had a shit battery and just went in random directions. This one is much better.

Also got various adapters to get my old consoles to HDMI, a 4x HDMI switch, a memory card with custom firmware/bootloader for the PS2, but I haven't even unpacked those. Need a shelf or a sort of shrine first. Or maybe a small cupboard. Yeah that might do the trick.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Also got
after we tried the Amazon Basics for a week and that had a shit battery and just went in random directions. This one is much better.
What kind of cleaning situation do you have? I have about half a floor of thick carpet that just gets covered in pet hair. Like, I vacuum and then the fucking cat lays down and I see big tufts of hair minutes later when he gets up. That one you showed seems like it is more for light duty. I see others that claim pet hair and such, but I'm really leary of trusting those descriptions (and reviews). None of the ones my friends/relatives have seem to deal with thick carpet and thick cat hair very well, and I don't want to go through all the returns it would probably take to find the right one by trial and error. So if anyone else has the same conditions and has a recommendation, I'd love to hear them.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I bought an excuse from my manager today, which made me stay late at work.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
What kind of cleaning situation do you have? I have about half a floor of thick carpet that just gets covered in pet hair. Like, I vacuum and then the fucking cat lays down and I see big tufts of hair minutes later when he gets up. That one you showed seems like it is more for light duty. I see others that claim pet hair and such, but I'm really leary of trusting those descriptions (and reviews). None of the ones my friends/relatives have seem to deal with thick carpet and thick cat hair very well, and I don't want to go through all the returns it would probably take to find the right one by trial and error. So if anyone else has the same conditions and has a recommendation, I'd love to hear them.
We have no pets, and hardwood floor everywhere (tile in kitchen and bathroom, vinyl in the other bathroom). So it's basically for the top floor where there is only light dust and a few dead flies every other day.

I think you want one with a rotating brush for carpet and pet hair. This one only has the side brushes and a rubber lip.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got Logitec G pro wireless mouse. As an Deathadder elite user I was skeptical. The logitec is very good, much better than I expected. The weight and the battery life is hard to believe at first.

It just arrived. I am pretty stoked.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally got an invitation for the Echo Auto, it arrives too late for my trip to chicago tho

• 1Barf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally got an invitation for the Echo Auto, it arrives too late for my trip to chicago tho
had to get a replacement auto cuz the shit only connected once and stopped, i've had this b4 with one echo i ordered.

one annoying thing is this echo auto DOESN'T UNLOCK SMARTLOCKS. like wtf is the purpose then?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
IMG_0559 - Copy (2).JPG

Both made here! I love cobalt blue; so excited I found these.