The "Shit I just bought" thread

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Can anyone give me a rundown on sunglasses brands that aren't overpriced chink made trash coasting on the reputation of now dead brand name? I can't believe some this cheap plastic shit I see selling for $150+ that don't even have polarized lenses.
Posted this a year ago. Finally decided to buy a pair from Randolph because MiUSA. We'll see if they live up to the billing.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Which ones did you get?

My dad ended up giving me a pair of Rayban Predators with polarized lenses because he never wore them, preferring his other Raybans instead.

They are the best sunglasses I've ever worn. I was shocked, as I always wrote them off as overpriced bullshit.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Which ones did you get?

My dad ended up giving me a pair of Rayban Predators with polarized lenses because he never wore them, preferring his other Raybans instead.

They are the best sunglasses I've ever worn. I was shocked, as I always wrote them off as overpriced bullshit.
Concordes with tan polarized lenses. I think these are the first pair I've ever had with real glass lenses instead of polycarbonate or something. The difference is very noticeable. Tan is by far my favorite color for lenses.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
380 bucks...would you buy?

First, I really like the subtle S&M chick they have on their website.

Second, I'd never spend that much money on something like that, but if I did have the money to blow, I might be convinced. I'd be slightly afraid of being laughed at, but you're a giant black guy with hands bigger than my head, so that won't be a problem for you.

It has been a day since you posted and no one commented, so I'm going to assume you bought it already. Let us know when it comes in!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my old noise cancelling headphones snapped a while back, didn't travel much so was lazy.

i think i saw this on youtube TaoTronics Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones[2019 New Version] Bluetooth Headphones SoundSurge 46 Over Ear Headphones Headset with Deep Bass, Fast Charge 30 Hour Playtime for Travel Work TV PC

so yea, i wanted it wireless and noise cancelling for the god damn lawnmower (can't have wires while mowing). Works awesome, have to raise the volume a smidge when it's on, also i wanted it to charge USB, no more silly aaa batteries.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I
my old noise cancelling headphones snapped a while back, didn't travel much so was lazy.

i think i saw this on youtube TaoTronics Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones[2019 New Version] Bluetooth Headphones SoundSurge 46 Over Ear Headphones Headset with Deep Bass, Fast Charge 30 Hour Playtime for Travel Work TV PC

so yea, i wanted it wireless and noise cancelling for the god damn lawnmower (can't have wires while mowing). Works awesome, have to raise the volume a smidge when it's on, also i wanted it to charge USB, no more silly aaa batteries.
That material gonna get so nasty when you sweating mowing the lawn. 😢

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I

That material gonna get so nasty when you sweating mowing the lawn. 😢
i did half my lawn w/ it, was ok, and wearing it around the house for a while (but honestly not sweating) so yea, i'll see, it does "trap heat"

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Any suggestions for decent yet cheap wireless earbuds for the gym?

An added bonus if they don't get destroyed by 120lb dumbell like my last set.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This. I've had mine for almost 2 years with running 3-4 times a week and they still hold up. They also don't fall out of your ears so you shouldn't drop dumbells on them.
I was amazed how well they stay in my ears since ear buds NEVER stay in my ears

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jabra Elites

$190 earbuds are "decent, yet cheap"?

I got two pairs of these on prime day for $18. The sound on them is pretty crappy, but they are loud, which is important to me when I'm trying to listen to podcasts while operating heavy machinery. I don't know if they would be great for music because of the sound quality, but they're fine for podcasts and the battery life on them is good.

Are noise canceling earbuds a real thing or just the placebo effect? I bought a pair of skullcandy ones that an amazon reviewer claimed made it so he couldn't hear his mower while he was mowing. Either mine were broken or that is some bullshit. I really can't tell the difference between the noise canceling ones and regular earbuds.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I meant these actually. Whoops

JLab Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Signature Bluetooth Earbuds + Charging Case - Black - IP55 Sweat Resistance - Bluetooth 5.0 Connection - 3 EQ Sound Settings: JLab Signature, Balanced, Bass Boost

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I meant these actually. Whoops

JLab Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Signature Bluetooth Earbuds + Charging Case - Black - IP55 Sweat Resistance - Bluetooth 5.0 Connection - 3 EQ Sound Settings: JLab Signature, Balanced, Bass Boost
Lots of knock offs like these and I picked up a pair similar. The charging case was busted, and wouldn't charge, and they quickly gave me a 99% off promo code and ordered another pair off Amazon that works great.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
$190 earbuds are "decent, yet cheap"?

I got two pairs of these on prime day for $18. The sound on them is pretty crappy, but they are loud, which is important to me when I'm trying to listen to podcasts while operating heavy machinery. I don't know if they would be great for music because of the sound quality, but they're fine for podcasts and the battery life on them is good.

Are noise canceling earbuds a real thing or just the placebo effect? I bought a pair of skullcandy ones that an amazon reviewer claimed made it so he couldn't hear his mower while he was mowing. Either mine were broken or that is some bullshit. I really can't tell the difference between the noise canceling ones and regular earbuds.
i find the horseshoe good for the gym, only when you run, when you start circuit training, it all goes to shit when you go on the bench and the shit falls right off

yea've i have noise cancelling audio technica earbuds, rather they're my wifes Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones they're good enough for cabin noise, actually never tested them out on the lawn mower (cuz i hate wires), maybe i'll give it a go this week.

or are you just asking about noise cancelling in general? it depends on the tech, the ones i linked previously work well for the lawn mower as just stand alone noise cancelling headphones, and pump out good podcast voices.