The "Shit I just bought" thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Spent too much money on a damn Magic the Gathering deck. For Standard, not Modern or Legacy or anything, so it only cost about $100, but still, what was I thinking.

Might be crazy even to other MTG players, since a new set is about to come out in a week or two and the meta is going to change.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
...800$ is a bit much lol

but i am po'
Ah we have a rebate so it's only $500

Spent too much money on a damn Magic the Gathering deck. For Standard, not Modern or Legacy or anything, so it only cost about $100, but still, what was I thinking.

Might be crazy even to other MTG players, since a new set is about to come out in a week or two and the meta is going to change.
Thanks for reminding me, I bought 2 booster boxes of dominara when it dropped I should sell off my stuff before the next meta shift.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for reminding me, I bought 2 booster boxes of dominara when it dropped I should sell off my stuff before the next meta shift.

yeah you've got maybe 6 months before no one cares about the majority of cards in that set, get on it :)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Furniture seems like a good thing to buy used since from what I've seen on craigslist a $2500 couch is worth like $75 used. Might mean you can't be too specific about decorating your living room but that's a solid savings even if you do have to rent a steam vac to get the semen out of it first.

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Furniture seems like a good thing to buy used since from what I've seen on craigslist a $2500 couch is worth like $75 used. Might mean you can't be too specific about decorating your living room but that's a solid savings even if you do have to rent a steam vac to get the semen out of it first.

Can always buy a black light and save yourself some unneeded effort.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if I mentioned these but both were funded sometime last year. Earphones should arrive this week, knife I have no idea yet

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm very wary of kickstarter audio gear if it's not from a major manufacturer. Interested to hear how they turn out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LG WT1901CW: Large Front Control Top Load Washer with TurboWash | LG USA
LG DLEY1901KE: Ultra Large Front Control Electric Dryer | LG USA
small04.jpg

Unbelievably awesome but what you have come to expect from LG or Samsung appliances. These are the epitome of lazy and the top reviewed especially Consumer Reports. I got the 5 year warranty at Home Depot and the install was less than 20 minutes. LG's fat cocking it these days holy shit.

skynet_700.jpg

Let Skynet feed the exact amount of liquid for your laundry and have the dryer talk to you like the appliances in the New Vegas DLC :Old World Blues. Aka throw your shit in don't worry about whites and colors.

10/10 For poopsocking raiders.

• 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Headphones look interesting
I'm very wary of kickstarter audio gear if it's not from a major manufacturer. Interested to hear how they turn out.
Yeah those were an impulse buy and I'm sure they'll end up like the Jawbone handsfree I bought 10 years ago. Found out later that there are tons of cheap BT headphones available already, for similar price. Whatever. I'll try to make the best of it.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
#3,840
Not something I've bought, but we are looking to replace 2 chairs in our living room, we have a modern style.

I'm in love with the Henry Miller eames chair but 5k is a bit much, we are looking at getting a replica in the near term to see how much use we get out of it.

Soto Concave Arm Chair would be the 2nd chair

Does anyone have experience with eames replicas or with joybird?

I don't have any experience with Joybird, but I got these (Target : Expect More. Pay Less.) from Target for way less. They're not solid wood like those are, but they're sturdy enough for regular usage and look nice. If you want real wood, then obviously these aren't the way to go.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Love that movie. The footage shot in the mountains, the big wide shots, must look awesome in 4K, good choice!

Oh yeah when I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, there's a scene with Stallone and Michael Rooker talking and they start arguing. It took a minute or 2, SNAP oh yeah, it's a cliffhanger reunion.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Love that movie. The footage shot in the mountains, the big wide shots, must look awesome in 4K, good choice!

Oh yeah when I was watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, there's a scene with Stallone and Michael Rooker talking and they start arguing. It took a minute or 2, SNAP oh yeah, it's a cliffhanger reunion.
It’s amazing yes. The mountain shots are unbelievable. Knowing the movie was almost entirely shot in the Alps and they mostly did their own stunts was great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How the hell is anyone supposed to know if an appliance is any good these days? I have a consumer reports sub and I try to base it off their reliability ratings but then if I check the reviews on said products it's filled with dumbass 5 star "I've had this dishwasher for 2 and a half weeks and it cleans dishes great! Would really recommend" reviews or even more idiotic 2 star "I love to bake but this oven has been burning all my food" reviews.

What is this world? I can't even seem to find good information on what brands are considered higher quality or more dependable/durable. I need to buy new appliances for a kitchen remodel in a rental unit so I want inexpensive but reliable and It all seems to be nothing but a mixed bag of nonsense reviews.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How the hell is anyone supposed to know if an appliance is any good these days? I have a consumer reports sub and I try to base it off their reliability ratings but then if I check the reviews on said products it's filled with dumbass 5 star "I've had this dishwasher for 2 and a half weeks and it cleans dishes great! Would really recommend" reviews or even more idiotic 2 star "I love to bake but this oven has been burning all my food" reviews.

What is this world? I can't even seem to find good information on what brands are considered higher quality or more dependable/durable. I need to buy new appliances for a kitchen remodel in a rental unit so I want inexpensive but reliable and It all seems to be nothing but a mixed bag of nonsense reviews.
the less electronics, the better imo.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users