The "Shit I just bought" thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They make great statue's. Wish they would make something I want and I find out about it prior to selling out.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
tmg-article_tall.jpg

I made the mistake of grocery shopping on an empty stomach and picked this up.

Horrible. Waste of $3.75 or whatever it was and it's going in the dumpster after one small bowl. Sour and cereal should never be in the same sentence. Of course, I have only myself to blame because, after all, it begs the question "What exactly did you expect?" Haha.

• 3Barf
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Can we see your display?

Here you go.

This is the Master of the Universe I have.

MotU Display.jpg

This is my main Court of the Dead Display.

CotD Display 1.jpg

This is the new Court of the Dead Display I am starting. Only 2 so far, and these 2 are different version of characters that are on the main display.

CotD Display 2.jpg

That's all I have so far, I have 1 other Court of the Dead statue on pre-order which should be between Feb-Apr which is also a different take on a character I have on the first display. It's the Siren one, but she's been changed and his half snake now instead of half fish. She looks very cool.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm rarely jealous...or hate on a brother. But YOU...I hate. Those are fuckin epic.

Thanks...I think. :confused:

The amount of details they put into those things is crazy, I still see stuff I missed sometimes.

If you're a super hero fan, you might hate me even more this year as I am starting on a DC line of statue, smaller than these though. They are 1/6th scale compare to these which are 1/4th scale. They look amazing.

Going to the smaller size because space is becoming an issue. It's either that or buy a bigger condo and that seems excessive just for collecting statues. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
just curious, how much have those set you back, Valderen Valderen ? Also, do you have a cat? A cat would love those

No cats, children or other things that could put my statues in danger. :)

They're about $400-$600 each, you do the math...I'm afraid of the result, it's not bad when taking them one at a time. ;)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, went into Target for some shit for xmas, and found this in the video games area. Full fledged Genesis emulator with some decent stuff out of the box and..... it has an SD card port so you can play all the ROMs you have pulled from your old game cartridges. *coughcough*

I have been cheerfully immersed in Phantasy Star II, and will play through 3 and 4 before moving on to the rest of my massive backpile. So many good RPGs on this baby. Ohh yeah.

gp3228_id.png

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Played them all on the Genesis when they first came out. This is pure nostalgia and time wasting.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So, went into Target for some shit for xmas, and found this in the video games area. Full fledged Genesis emulator with some decent stuff out of the box and..... it has an SD card port so you can play all the ROMs you have pulled from your old game cartridges. *coughcough*

I have been cheerfully immersed in Phantasy Star II, and will play through 3 and 4 before moving on to the rest of my massive backpile. So many good RPGs on this baby. Ohh yeah.

gp3228_id.png

Ohh sega game gear. I think it came with 2 games, Chuck Rock and sonic 2. Sorry mom, that was a total waste of money.

250px-Game-Gear-Handheld.jpg

This shit is like Neogeo prices.

20181230_134645.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Didn't buy it, but I got a badass 6" angle grinder for Christmas. Can't wait to destroy something made of steel with it.

wep-15-150-quick-0048842s_51_b.jpg

Metabo is high quality, I have a couple of them set up for grinding concrete with dust collection shrouds, they get used heavily 5-6 hrs a day a dozen times a year. They are 15+ yrs old and still going strong.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Just bought the Harmony Companion Remote and Hub to simplify my life ($95 at BB this week).

I don't gaf if Jeff Bezos is watching me jerk off, being able to turn on my TV and change the channel to ESPN from the kitchen or turn everything off from my bedroom is fucking god tier let alone my kids being able to find their own shows on Netflix just talking to Alexa.

Easy enough to set up, needed a little tweaking but all and all I'd say it was about an hour worth of 'work'.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Been awhile since I caught up on this thread.
Monopoly Warhammer 40,000 Board Game | Based on Warhammer 40,000 from Games Workshop | Officially Licensed Warhammer 40,000 Merchandise | Themed Classic Monopoly Game
Holy shit, I don't care if Monopoly is considered "too simple" for all my boardgame elitist friends nowadays, I need this in my life! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Bought the fiance a set each of the David Archy and the Jinshi underwear for him to try. Says the Jinshi are comfortable but the David Archy are superior with the double pouch. He's very happy with both, though, you guys weren't wrong.
Ah, your fiance probably has a big dick. If he had a more compact twig and berries, like me, the lack of a pouch probably wouldn't bother him. The bamboo fiber thing, which I'll admit to thinking was bullshit at first, is the selling point for me; it's so fucking soft that I feel as if my junk is cradled by a cloud. Granted, it doesn't have a spare room dedicated solely to my balls like the Archy ones do, but its good enough for Mini-Me.

Since you have both available to you, can you and your fiance make a comparison between the materials perhaps? Ignore the superior pouch design, just talking the feel/texture of the material itself. I love the bamboo crap now that I'm aware it is even a thing!

And honestly, the biggest thing for me that we'll only know over time is how long they last. I was a Hanes guy for years, but then they changed how the waistband was designed, and far too quickly the elastic ended up being completely fucking worthless and they just wouldn't even stay up. The first set of Jinshi I bought are approaching a year old, and I can't tell them apart from the ones I bought last month (I buy a pack of 3 randomly to add with other orders to slowly replace all my old underwear), so at least so far they are holding up great. That's what I care about most, if they are going to be worthless within a year or two of buying them vs. lasting for years like they should.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been awhile since I caught up on this thread.
Holy shit, I don't care if Monopoly is considered "too simple" for all my boardgame elitist friends nowadays, I need this in my life! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Ah, your fiance probably has a big dick. If he had a more compact twig and berries, like me, the lack of a pouch probably wouldn't bother him. The bamboo fiber thing, which I'll admit to thinking was bullshit at first, is the selling point for me; it's so fucking soft that I feel as if my junk is cradled by a cloud. Granted, it doesn't have a spare room dedicated solely to my balls like the Archy ones do, but its good enough for Mini-Me.

Since you have both available to you, can you and your fiance make a comparison between the materials perhaps? Ignore the superior pouch design, just talking the feel/texture of the material itself. I love the bamboo crap now that I'm aware it is even a thing!

And honestly, the biggest thing for me that we'll only know over time is how long they last. I was a Hanes guy for years, but then they changed how the waistband was designed, and far too quickly the elastic ended up being completely fucking worthless and they just wouldn't even stay up. The first set of Jinshi I bought are approaching a year old, and I can't tell them apart from the ones I bought last month (I buy a pack of 3 randomly to add with other orders to slowly replace all my old underwear), so at least so far they are holding up great. That's what I care about most, if they are going to be worthless within a year or two of buying them vs. lasting for years like they should.

Overall he says they both feel pretty similar, describing the Jinshi as like silk but the archy stills feels a little bit better materials-wise. Buying both pretty much resulted in him throwing away every other pair of underwear he owns so we’ll see how long these 6 last.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Overall he says they both feel pretty similar, describing the Jinshi as like silk but the archy stills feels a little bit better materials-wise. Buying both pretty much resulted in him throwing away every other pair of underwear he owns so we’ll see how long these 6 last.

Did he buy the pair with the ManHood (TM by me just now!) and are you turned on or alarmed by the ManHole (also TM!)?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Did he buy the pair with the ManHood (TM by me just now!) and are you turned on or alarmed by the ManHole (also TM!)?

I bought him one set of bamboo and one set of manhood. I definitely giggled and played around with the flappy hood and bounced his pouch around until he shooed me away when he was trying them on. His one complaint so far was you might need a tiny bit of chub to make sure your dongle goes all the way in the hole and doesn't flop back out of it. I'd imagine it's only a problem depending on where you are on the grower/shower spectrum.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Not something I've bought, but we are looking to replace 2 chairs in our living room, we have a modern style.

I'm in love with the Henry Miller eames chair but 5k is a bit much, we are looking at getting a replica in the near term to see how much use we get out of it.

Soto Concave Arm Chair would be the 2nd chair

Does anyone have experience with eames replicas or with joybird?