The "Shit I just bought" thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck cords AND charging pads. 1 AAA battery lasts me like 2 years in my mouse.
yeah that wouldn't be the case if you played FPS all the time. I am with you on the cord part but I love my logitech charging pad and the size too for my 400 DPI setting.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Fuck cords AND charging pads. 1 AAA battery lasts me like 2 years in my mouse.
hrt.jpg

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20210215_031540.jpg

Games I bought in the past two weeks. I don't buy games that often, maybe one per month normally. Got back into the Ys series and got several of those. Also people who are following the Baldur's Gate 3 thread might know that I decided to go on a massive CRPG sweep, which accounts for about half of what you see here. Then I just sorta grabbed some other things that I've been wanting for a while, because why not. I'm planning on taking it easy for a lot of this next year but I still don't expect to get through even half of these on that time.

Digital games I got on sale in addition to these: Ys VIII, Pillars of Eternity 1, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Fell Seal (Switch tactics game), Scott Pilgrim, and Vanquish Remastered.

This is all on top of the games I'm still working on from Black Friday: AC Valhalla and Jedi Fallen Order. One thing is for sure, I won't need to buy any more games for many months.

...Considering grabbing Mario Odyssey and Fallout 76 and THEN calling it a day. I think. Never played either, want to.

Oh and I also bought The One electronic keyboard ($250 version) and a year of Masterclass. And a new Lenovo tablet. Jebus. And I did all this in a month where I had a $2600 car repair. I guess I just said "fuck it" after that happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am a general contractor and in the middle of building a 2600 square foot house in Montana and last week it was way to cold for my compressor to kick on so I went out and got this bad boy. Put 500 nails through it today and it worked flawlessly, would highly recommend. The only downfall is the amount of nails it fits but there is an extension that will fit more that I ordered.

nailer.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, I've finally done it. I talked about it in another thread, and how I've wanted to do this for decades. I finally said fuck it and am in the process of putting a deposit down for them to start work on this:

stormbringer_full800.jpg

That's Stormbringer, the soul-stealing sword that Elric of Melniboné wielded in the books by Michael Moorcock. (The pic might actually be Mournblade, the sister sword to Stormbringer in the books, but the replicas are virtually identical, just reversed runes and different guard material. I am getting Stormbringer for sure.)

It has been a dream of mine to own a replica ever since I read the books around four decades ago. It was one of the first "swords and sorcery" books that really caught my imagination, and Stormbringer has literally been my all-time favorite "item" ever since.

The reason it has taken me this long is because it is going to cost me £6000, which is about $8300. It would be even more if I had been able to get one of the 13 limited edition versions that are longer (56" vs. 48") but those are all already made or spoken for :( Kinda bummed about that, but they have been on sale since the mid-90s, so I had plenty of time to get my shit together. (Nerdy side comment: I can still buy a limited edition Mournblade, but I won't, because it will come with a certificate that says it is Mournblade, not Stormbringer, and I will know it isn't Stormbringer even if I hide the certificate. Kind of stupid for a replica of a fictional sword, but there you have it folks, I'm retarded!) It will take them at least a year to make it, maybe up to two depending upon various factors, so I'm doing deposit and payments for two years (no interest) and if they finish early I'll see if I can pay off the lump at that time or not.

Raven Armoury is where I'm buying it from. The price on that page is incorrect, btw, as it hasn't been updated since like 2012. They took a month to respond to my initial email, but since then they have been prompt with responses, less than a day typically, and very helpful and accommodating about giving me all the info I want, and being flexible with payment plans, etc. Everywhere I look says they make fantastic replicas of all weapons, with "a little pricey" and "long lead times" being the biggest complaints. Not having the finished product in my hands yet, of course, I can say that I already feel good about working with them. Let's hope I can say the same in a year or two.

I've also said that once I get this thing, I will likely make a will saying it is to be buried with me! Fuck if I'm giving this bitch up after waiting all these decades for it! My sister would probably sell it at a garage sale for twenty bucks anyway.

This is the book cover that really started me on the path to wanting to own one of these, and this version of the swords is based on it with input and approval from Moorcock himself:
DAW+Elric+1[1].jpg

• 11Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 11 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was going to make fun of you and call you a fat, rich nerd.

Then you said you wanted to be buried with it.
clint eastwood legend GIF

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It would be super metal if you had them stab it through your heart and then bury you with it still in there.

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well, I've finally done it. I talked about it in another thread, and how I've wanted to do this for decades. I finally said fuck it and am in the process of putting a deposit down for them to start work on this:

View attachment 341033

That's Stormbringer, the soul-stealing sword that Elric of Melniboné wielded in the books by Michael Moorcock. (The pic might actually be Mournblade, the sister sword to Stormbringer in the books, but the replicas are virtually identical, just reversed runes and different guard material. I am getting Stormbringer for sure.)

It has been a dream of mine to own a replica ever since I read the books around four decades ago. It was one of the first "swords and sorcery" books that really caught my imagination, and Stormbringer has literally been my all-time favorite "item" ever since.

The reason it has taken me this long is because it is going to cost me £6000, which is about $8300. It would be even more if I had been able to get one of the 13 limited edition versions that are longer (56" vs. 48") but those are all already made or spoken for :( Kinda bummed about that, but they have been on sale since the mid-90s, so I had plenty of time to get my shit together. (Nerdy side comment: I can still buy a limited edition Mournblade, but I won't, because it will come with a certificate that says it is Mournblade, not Stormbringer, and I will know it isn't Stormbringer even if I hide the certificate. Kind of stupid for a replica of a fictional sword, but there you have it folks, I'm retarded!) It will take them at least a year to make it, maybe up to two depending upon various factors, so I'm doing deposit and payments for two years (no interest) and if they finish early I'll see if I can pay off the lump at that time or not.

Raven Armoury is where I'm buying it from. The price on that page is incorrect, btw, as it hasn't been updated since like 2012. They took a month to respond to my initial email, but since then they have been prompt with responses, less than a day typically, and very helpful and accommodating about giving me all the info I want, and being flexible with payment plans, etc. Everywhere I look says they make fantastic replicas of all weapons, with "a little pricey" and "long lead times" being the biggest complaints. Not having the finished product in my hands yet, of course, I can say that I already feel good about working with them. Let's hope I can say the same in a year or two.

I've also said that once I get this thing, I will likely make a will saying it is to be buried with me! Fuck if I'm giving this bitch up after waiting all these decades for it! My sister would probably sell it at a garage sale for twenty bucks anyway.

This is the book cover that really started me on the path to wanting to own one of these, and this version of the swords is based on it with input and approval from Moorcock himself:
View attachment 341038
international man of mystery nerd GIF

• 1Truth!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 341033

View attachment 341038
Thousands of years from now when the apes have over thrown us, an ape adventuring party is going to raid your tomb for that badass sword.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Void Void super cool, pics when you get it!

But Tuco Tuco could probably have given you a foh discount. Or a good price on a wooden one. Ba-dum-tsh.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Decided I wanted a robo-vacuum, went with the Deebot T9+

1624087149558.png

It vacuums well, has no problem navigating between chair legs and under couches, when it detects a carpet it automatically scales up suction power, which obviously helps.

The mopping function has a vibrating plate which gives very nice results.

After it finishes cleaning, it returns to the station, which cleans the robot and puts whatever it has collected in a medium-size vacuum bag, which is sealed as you extract it. Emptying my Dyson always releases some dust into the area, this is a far superior system.

After the first run it makes a (scaringly accurate) map of the floor it is on, after which you can divide it into rooms and give each room their own schedule and settings. I have the entry way vacuumed twice a day, the rest of the floor once.

Going to buy a second one for the first floor.

Pro's:
- cleans well
- is pretty fast
- very low noise while vacuuming, only 60ish Db while mopping
- very little manual intervention needed

Cons:
- instantly feel old when proud about household tech
- realise Skynet is already here
- not much quality online info yet
- self emptying is 90 Db, so pretty noisy, takes less then 1 minute but pets will have to get used to it

• 1Like

Hatar

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 341033

View attachment 341038
Probably a dumb question but is it sharp? When the end-times come can you actually use it?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Probably a dumb question but is it sharp? When the end-times come can you actually use it?
According to the guy, yes it will be fully sharpened and everything. I'd never use it unless I had to, but yeah, it will chop up a zombie or Antifa fairly easily from what I understand. Although, I'm gonna bet it is heavy as a motherfucker and I'd collapse of exhaustion after too long.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Bought a Stihl 250 today to add to my chainsaw collection. Gonna practice carving tomorrow.