The Strain

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, its not that bad. Fuck, does everything have to be oscar worthy scripted and acted? I find this show entertaining. I like the entire vamp/lore vibe and I cant wait to see what happens.

Its like most of you are fucking TV hipsters. Show sucks for you, than dont watch it. rather than watching, cringing all the way through it, only to bitch about it afterwards. Now that is a WTF.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Meh, its not that bad. Fuck, does everything have to be oscar worthy scripted and acted? I find this show entertaining. I like the entire vamp/lore vibe and I cant wait to see what happens.

Its like most of you are fucking TV hipsters. Show sucks for you, than dont watch it. rather than watching, cringing all the way through it, only to bitch about it afterwards. Now that is a WTF.
Naw. This show is fucking awful and you just have bad taste.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're saying the show definitely isn't a 7 or an 8, so can we assume you think most oscar worthy scripted and acted shows and movies are only 7 and 8s these days? Further, the video entertainment is so shitty in general now we can't even expect any shows to reach 9 or 10 again? And therefore if this isn't an award winning show, and metrically is prove to not be a 7 or an 8, it's worse than thatwhich is what we're saying in the first place

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sounds like your ok with settling with crap.

the problem is, this is a fx produced show in the past they've produced series like the shield/rescue me

currently

archer/the americans and of course, who the fuck doesn't respect fx for giving louie a show

american horror story is sometimes hit or miss and sons of anarchy is getting long in the tooth

but they're a good network and don't try to just get ratings by showing tits and ass every chance they get like showtime or starz.

GDT wrote this shit, we expect great things out of him, but shit...

i think we've outlined mostly whats wrong with this stupid show.

i don't think any of us even touch upon the subject of non genital worm draculas... thats the show lore, ok thats how they portray vampires, thats cool.

the problem is, they use every stupid trope that is cringe worthy.

not enough material to fill in a 60m time slot? lets focus on the main chars "family issues"

oh main character is your basic cheating asshole father who has a hot wife and hot mistress, that loves his son and is getting sidelined by the cooler/younger replacement dad.

oh look 4 ppl who were dead want to leave b/c, asshole musician, asshole lawyer, geeky family guy, only responsible one is the "man of the ship!" the captain.

the one guy that can solve everyones, no the world's problem of unleashing vampiric hell upon the word... has the communication skills of a schizoid recluse whose only friend is a literal undying heart, and turns into the rambling equivalent of a crazy homeless guy.

there's a lot more, tropes if ppl want to fill in why this show is bad, again i dont' think we touch upon the general basis of "vampires?" but just the horribleness of the constructed show and character types.

literally this show was done with this casting call:
asshole smart main guy
smart hot chick assistant, but has to act dumb when talking to smart main lead
fat assistant guy, you know like the idiot who helped frodo with the ring, he was a good assistant
hot wife to main guy who is hot
hippie boyfriend to hot wife
clueless son that looks up in the air a lot/tries to look cute but is too old
evil ceo guy
eviler lawyer guy
driving miss daisy

i won't touch jew van hellsing, aside from from his inability to communicate effectively to ppl who aren't an undying heart and gangsters who rob him, he's kinda cool, and rat guy.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Justified is a great example of a show that should've gone for a graceful exit instead of milking it. It was up there with breaking bad and maggy's season made it one of the best crime dramas out there but then the producers went all soapy with the characters and the last couple seasons have really diminished the show's bite.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Last 2 episodes were a huge improvement and and vampire hit squad was fantastic. Just focus on that shit

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
First Marlo now Chief Tyrol. This show is trying really hard to get me to enjoy it based on casting alone.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The covert vampire hit squad certainly has me intrigued.
WTF? That wasn't in the first book. Maybe it was part of the later books that they decided to move up in the timeline some, but that was a complete surprise to me.

Am I the only one that thought the leader of VSWAT reminded me of Mickey Rourke a little?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Using the Vampire Hit Squad early is a good thing. The books didn't make sense why the other... less insane Ancient Vampires didn't do anything to stop The Master's plan until it was already into full swing. Them acting early makes much more sense. They're also badass.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it's a choice between this and Falling Skies I'd still choose this, but you're still better off rewatching the original Blade movie.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
The series is powerfully bad. It makes the Walking Dead look like Shakespeare. Stargate, the series, does more justice to Sci-fi than this series does for horror.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This and walking dead are both terrible but I would take this last episode over anything the walking dead has put out for the most part. Cab driver/FBI shit was terrible and I wish the main character and family would just die off and deal with the Rat cop/Old Man/Vampire hit squad. I also would prefer they never went with the long face sucker shit and just had Nosferatu/30 days of night looking vampire that use makeup ect