The Strain

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Have they explained yet why some vampires are basically rabid and unable to vocalize anything, while others (like SS Officer and hit squad) are capable of thought and speech?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have they explained yet why some vampires are basically rabid and unable to vocalize anything, while others (like SS Officer and hit squad) are capable of thought and speech?
Not that Im aware of but then again its impossible to follow this show for the most part

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wikipedia was somewhat helpful
Many of the physical changes from human to vampire occur gradually following the initial worm infection, and are accompanied by great pain. A newly "turned" human will lie in a state of suspended animation for an entire day, rising the next night as a nascent vampire. The stinger is present for the vampire's first foray to facilitate feeding, but other traits (hairlessness, talons on the mid-digit, lack of distinct internal organs) will develop within the first seven nights following infection. The vampire's mental state will also be confused at first, and its movements will be clumsy and awkward. As it matures, however, the vampire will become supremely agile, able to leap great distances and climb sheer surfaces with the aid of its talons. Full maturity, physically and mentally, occurs within the first thirty nights.

tbrz_sl

shitlord
Following his friend, Abraham Setrakian's death, Fet struggles to decipher the Occido Lumen, a tome which may hold the key to defeating the Master. He is aided by Mr. Quinlan, the Master's vengeful half-vampire offspring.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Cab driver/FBI shit was terrible and I wish the main character and family would just die off and deal with the Rat cop/Old Man/Vampire hit squad.
A minor aside. I don't really understand the BSG actors appearing in this show. I half-expected the hedge fund manager to blow himself up in his minor quasi-cameo.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Well. This finally got interesting.

Zombie apocalypse mode is ending - good riddance, because the writing is just awful. Looks like the shoe might be turning a corner; hopefully next week starts to fulfill the tantalizing potential.

Somehow this POS already got renewed, for 13 episodes next season.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This show is terrible in a way Walking Dead could never approach, yet I watch. I don't get it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Master is able to telepathically control all of his progeny. The SS Officer is given autonomy in order to fulfill his duties as Right Hand. This is explained much later in the books. There are 7 Ancient Vampires equivalent to The Master. The Vampire Hit squad is the progeny of another Ancient Vampire and they are given autonomy because the other Ancients aren't insane and want to take over the world.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
i stopped watching at eps 4, brain couldn't handle the stupid.

was curious, rt has it 87%

imdb is 8.2

wtf?
Because this is a good show, and as usual, you guys are lemmings. One guy hates on this show in the first page, and everyone follows suit. The show is tons better than the Walking Dead (what a joke) and the Emo-Fest-Masquerading-As-A-Vampire-Show, in terms of writing and acting.

What a bunch of TV hipsters.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't watch Walking Dead or that other show, because they were shit. This show being slightly better shit doesn't change its lot in life because you've been scraping the bottom of the barrel and cling to the first thing with half a pulse. All 3 sunday night series were horrible this season, and we actually have book spoilers for where this particular series is heading + confirmation that the show will be faithful so it will 100% get worse to boot.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Because this is a good show, and as usual, you guys are lemmings. One guy hates on this show in the first page, and everyone follows suit. The show is tons better than the Walking Dead (what a joke) and the Emo-Fest-Masquerading-As-A-Vampire-Show, in terms of writing and acting.

What a bunch of TV hipsters.
Show has gotten better, but it was pretty fucking bad to start off with. The family drama, the by-the-book cliches, and the piss poor acting of some of the mains brought it down a LOT from what it could have been. Maybe they found their stride, or maybe it's because the stupid shit has taken a backseat to the more developed plotlines, whatever the case, if they keep up the momentum they have going now the show can turn out well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If we was lemmings we d love this show like the idiots who give it 8.2 on imdb instead of going, wtf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Lyrical says:

rrr_img_75003.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fet is an awesome character. When the he was all, "That's the spirit Doctor!" Referring to shooting him if he gets bit. I like it. The show is coming around now that the hordes are appearing.