The Strain

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, my initial understanding of the show was it was just going to be a mini-series. Now, I'm hearing it's a regular show, but isn't the show based off one book? Where can they possibly go if it gets renewed for a 2nd season? Maybe I'm treading into book spoilers, but other then living in a vampire world ala walking dead, which means they pretty much lost.. I don't see what direction they can go. If you set up the world after the fact, and the show is about survival that's one thing. Setting it up, having the main characters all 'lose' then continue after that just seems.. odd. Idk. Maybe that's exactly what they do and it'll be awesome, just seems weird to go that route.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes sir. A whole episode at a gas station. Nice.
Yea, I found that to be disappointing. Only good part of the episode was Fet doing what needed to be done. So far I think the show has done a poor job of telling us how important the four survivors are/were to whatever plan the Master / Eldridge had/have. Seeing how the VHS showed up at the lady lawyers house, I'd guess they were / are after those four survivors in an attempt to block Eldridge /Master from doing something. Also, that hacker chick is pretty nice on the eyes.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, my initial understanding of the show was it was just going to be a mini-series. Now, I'm hearing it's a regular show, but isn't the show based off one book? Where can they possibly go if it gets renewed for a 2nd season? Maybe I'm treading into book spoilers, but other then living in a vampire world ala walking dead, which means they pretty much lost.. I don't see what direction they can go. If you set up the world after the fact, and the show is about survival that's one thing. Setting it up, having the main characters all 'lose' then continue after that just seems.. odd. Idk. Maybe that's exactly what they do and it'll be awesome, just seems weird to go that route.
It's a trilogy, and if you read the wiki back-of-the-book synopsis you would be disappointed.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Last episode was a bit hack I thought. Mainly with the ridiculous gas station extras who conformed to every ridiculous trope they could, especially the Asian attendant who had absolutely nothing to add to the situation other than complaining that they were stealing shit.

Would anyone really completely ignore the horde of monsters outside the door and focus on protecting their minimum wage job? Bad writing.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Last episode was a bit hack I thought. Mainly with the ridiculous gas station extras who conformed to every ridiculous trope they could, especially the Asian attendant who had absolutely nothing to add to the situation other than complaining that they were stealing shit.

Would anyone really completely ignore the horde of monsters outside the door and focus on protecting their minimum wage job? Bad writing.
Not to mention if the store credit card machines were unavailable, how were the ones at the self-serv gas pumps functional? Kevin Durand's character as Vasiliy Fet is great but every time I see David Bradley I keep expecting him to pull a Walder Frey or whip out Mrs. Norris.

I love the organic/scientific origin of the vampires and the character design which is to be expected coming from Del Toro but the "cheese" in the show is starting to wear me down. The previous episode with the Ancient Ones' hit squad was great and definitely kept me interested but this last episode had me rolling my eyes quite a bit.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Because this is a good show, and as usual, you guys are lemmings. One guy hates on this show in the first page, and everyone follows suit. The show is tons better than the Walking Dead (what a joke) and the Emo-Fest-Masquerading-As-A-Vampire-Show, in terms of writing and acting.

What a bunch of TV hipsters.
If you want to tell me this show is "entertaining" I could maybe go along with that. I mean, we're all still watching it. But "good" is just about the opposite of any term I would use to describe it. This show is god awful. It takes what I think is an interesting premise and adds on to that decent actors playing as stereotypical of roles as possible all the while shoving every single 80s horror movie trope down our throats.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Zombie apocalypse is fun, it's definitely turned around.

Vampire apocalypse has promise.

How many more episodes this season? I would work my Google-Fu, but I'm sure others are wondering.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm so fucking annoyed by the stupidity of these characters. "Your eyes are bleeding and you look like the walking dead. Go back to bed, honey!" Can't they move the plot along without resorting to this crap?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In this day in age, when there is more amazing TV than most can get around to watching, there is no reason to waste your time on total dog shit like this show. Unless you like dog shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In this day in age, when there is more amazing TV than most can get around to watching, there is no reason to waste your time on total dog shit like this show. Unless you like dog shit.
I think we're all hoping that at some point the main characters die, and the series focuses on Fet / Old Man vs. Master.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Like what? Other than Boardwalk Empire which only just started back up and Ray Donovan, what else is there that is good right now? serious question.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a couple episodes in. I was expecting crap and crap I have received. But, it does have a positive aspect. No teenagers/teenage love triangles. At least none I've seen so far. So it has that going for it.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Like what? Other than Boardwalk Empire which only just started back up and Ray Donovan, what else is there that is good right now? serious question.
You're the Worst
The Knick
Legends I thought has been decent

Stupid fun-
Franklin and Bash
Suits (Just ended)

penalty_sl

shitlord
Holy moly what a terrible episode. There was so many bad things going on there that I cant even give enough fucks to list them all. I almost turned it off after 30 minutes of his ex wifes boring story but decided to wait it out. In the end i regretted not turning it off.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
If it wasn't for the vampire SWAT team I would of quit watching this show, but after that episode, I'm not sure I can carry on waiting to find out what role they play any longer.
frown.png

tbrz_sl

shitlord
"Quinlan--Part of "The Born" that recruits Augustin 'Gus' Elizalde (who he names "Sun Hunter") after learning The 7th had broken the truce and aligned with a human.

Dresses in military type cargo attire with a hood and uses silver blades, sawed off shotgun as weapons of choice to kill his own who broke the old sacred truce. Known as "the Born", Mr. Quinlan is the Ancients' chief hunter and bodyguard. He is efficient, loyal, and in many respects unique."

Del Toro said that while writing the books that the depth of this character is so good that might pitch his own plot. A more badass Blade? Sure.