The Suicide Squad (2021)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Totally agree.

To be honest, I have no idea what the Harley Quinn plot was and why she fucked that president of whatever country they were in. No fucking clue how that played into anything. It's just the same as Black Widow - the plot about the red room, I have no fucking idea what they were doing, the movie was about family!

Harley Quinn fucking sucks. Period. Birds of Prey was probably the 3rd movie of my life I've ever walked out of (1. Public Enemy, or whatever Johnny Depp 1900s robber movie, 2. Thor 1 {and I later regretted and love the movie now}, and 3. Birds of Prey) because it was so awful. Margot Robbie fucking sucks as Harley Quinn, or the character sucks, whatever. But her voice, etc, it's just fucking *garbage*. The only remotely good scene is in the even shittier original Suicide Squad where she's changing or something. Other than that, Margot Robbie was great naked in Wolf of Wall Street, and great as Tonya Harding in "I, Tonya". But she fucking SUCKS American Inventor DICK as a comedy / dark / good bad guy.

You're absolutely right the rat catcher back story was awful and killed pacing. A movie like this needs to be 90 minutes, and every scene moving things along and being awesome. This had so much crap in it.

But it bothers me, because John Cena was fucking awesome and is truly funny, Idris Elba was fucking good, Polka Dot man was great, Shark ripping people in half = awesome, and the guy from For All Mankind was so good. But yet the movie sucked. That shit pisses me off. Like how Wonder Woman was so fucking good, and Gal Gadot was phenomenal in that movie and as WW in BvS, but then WW84 comes out and it's so fucking stupid, she sucked, everyone sucked. But I don't blame the actors, it's the material. You can't turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

SIGH. I wanted this to be FUCKING AWESOME so bad.

Edit: And they killed Weasel, who was literally like an instant fucking amazing character. What a stupid decision, Gunn's brother is fucking hilarious and they didn't feature him. He's one of the best parts of GOTG2.

EDIT2: Anyone else notice that "JOTENHIM" or whatever sounds like Odenheim or whatever Thor's world is?
Jotenheim is the Norse world of the frost Giants, where Loki is from.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
This movie is great. Not a single scene should taken seriously. I laughed pretty much the whole way through.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Period. Birds of Prey was probably the 3rd movie of my life I've ever walked out of (1. Public Enemy, or whatever Johnny Depp 1900s robber movie, 2. Thor 1 {and I later regretted and love the movie now}, and 3. Birds of Prey) because it was so awful. Margot Robbie fucking sucks as Harley Quinn, or the character sucks, whatever. But her voice, etc, it's just fucking *garbage*. The only remotely good scene is in the even shittier original Suicide Squad where she's changing or something. Other than that, Margot Robbie was great naked in Wolf of Wall Street, and great as Tonya Harding in "I, Tonya". But she fucking SUCKS American Inventor DICK as a comedy / dark / good bad guy.

If you didn't walk out of the ending of ROTK you're a fucking pussy

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
It was ok.

Like others have said…the middle is really rough. It’s just bad.

Cena was great. His killing spree with idris is fun and they both nail it. Cena doing the wank motion and throwing it NEEDS to be a reaction here.

The end was predictable. But still good.

More king shark. Less Harley. I’d rather she die and let Flag live.

• 2Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Weasel GIF by The Suicide Squad
I'm pretty sure I know why he's Furry Furry and AladainAF AladainAF 's favorite.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
If you didn't walk out of the ending of ROTK you're a fucking pussy

Bro... You know damn well you can't walk out of ROTK during theaters ... Waiting to see if they are going to show the Scouring of the Shire... Remember how awesome it was in the books? The hobbits are all riding home in military formation, and they come home and the shire is fucked, and they whip ass because they have been trained hardcore for the last years (18 months?).

ROTK was the best book I've ever read. It's the only book that I finished and immediately went right back to the beginning and re-read..

"Well, I'm back."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bro... You know damn well you can't walk out of ROTK during theaters ... Waiting to see if they are going to show the Scouring of the Shire... Remember how awesome it was in the books? The hobbits are all riding home in military formation, and they come home and the shire is fucked, and they whip ass because they have been trained hardcore for the last years (18 months?).

ROTK was the best book I've ever read. It's the only book that I finished and immediately went right back to the beginning and re-read..

"Well, I'm back."

After the 3rd or 4th ending bait thrown out from Jackson at the Shire-- and his insistence at 5 false starts to the epilogue for God knows what reason. I started jerking my head saying no, no. Exploded to my feet and walked clean out on it.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Edgelord

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would have changed the Harley rescue bit to an actual rescue and moved her killing sequence to the leftover security in the facility which then leads in to the Milton scene. Or at least have her meet them in the middle as there was no need for the taxi bit, or most of the bus bits, let alone the rain part which only lasted 5 minutes apparently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
After the 3rd or 4th ending bait thrown out from Jackson at the Shire-- and his insistence at 5 false starts to the epilogue for God knows what reason. I started jerking my head saying no, no. Exploded to my feet and walked clean out on it.

I agree, but I can see how they felt the need to show so many of those endings.

ROTK as a book is weird. The final conflict occurs, and then there's like 100 more pages!

Cybsled

No one walked out, but I remember the theater clapping as the screen going dark, then it would fade it and there would be a collective groan from the audience after like the 2nd or 3rd "false" ending

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I don't think the movie is as bad as some are making it out to be. If you went in expecting GotG or better then you set the bar way too high. Its definitely way over the top with a bunch of crazy nonsense, and some funnies that could have been tightened up time wise.

• 5Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It had some moments.
MIddle drug (that whole Harley Quinn marriage thing was uh.... ok) but honestly it wasn't horrible. I enjoyed the shark guy, and honestly laughed my ass off at the "FUCK YOU!" Fight between Idris and his daughter. So ridiculous. Weasel was pretty silly just in general, and I enjoyed the beach scene at the start. TDK was just great. Ending was OK; legit questioned why a javelin wielded by a jumping girl (btw, Margot appeared to have gotten bulkier for this go around; she seemed to have some actual mass on her) was somehow more effective than the guy who always hits the center wasn't aiming for the f'n center, with bullets that would have pierced the eyeball instantly. Rats winning the day was pretty lulzy but it gave her character a reason, minus the camera mercing shenanigans
Wasn't bad for what I would consider free, since I already pay HBO Max and I've used it fairly consistently.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't think the movie is as bad as some are making it out to be. If you went in expecting GotG or better then you set the bar way too high. Its definitely way over the top with a bunch of crazy nonsense, and some funnies that could have been tightened up time wise.

Just finished it. That was my take. It's just a normal piece of shit movie. Didn't get shut off, wasn't bad. Had a few yucks and was generally fun.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Harley Quinn is one of those things in life that works once and everyone decides it has to be everywhere. Her character is legit good in SS1. She works. It hasn't worked in anything since because it's not something that works in large doses. This is doubly so when they "desexualize her", and try to "fix" her. They just don't get it's her broken-ness that made her work originally. She isn't a killing machine. She is a hot lunatic with daddy issues who wears shorts up her ass and hits people in the head with a bat.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Harley Quinn is one of those things in life that works once and everyone decides it has to be everywhere. Her character is legit good in SS1. She works. It hasn't worked in anything since because it's not something that works in large doses. This is doubly so when they "desexualize her", and try to "fix" her. They just don't get it's her broken-ness that made her work originally. She isn't a killing machine. She is a hot lunatic with daddy issues who wears shorts up her ass and hits people in the head with a bat.

Hatley Quinn character hasnt worked as a character since Batman the Animated Series

They just don't get it's her broken-ness that made her work originally. She isn't a killing machine. She is a hot lunatic with daddy issues who wears shorts up her ass and hits people in the head with a bat.

This is great because its exactly what she is. Which begs the question, how did this former-doctor-turned-lunatic is now all of a sudden a super hero fighting 100 ft tall starfishes and landing on beaches like its Omaha.

Its stuff like this that makes this movie complete garbage. Its literal nonsense. Its not even "suspend your disbelief because you're in a fantasy world" type of nonsense. Its literally 2+2=5 nonsense.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hatley Quinn character hasnt worked as a character since Batman the Animated Series
On this we disagree. In SS #1 she hears voices, has imaginary tea parties in her cell, "jokes" about the voices telling her to murder all her teammates. Those bits work. At least for me.