The Umbrella Academy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched this over the long weekend and enjoyed it. I thought Klaus, Mom, and Hazel and Cha-Cha were spectacular. The other brothers and sisters were decent, even good. I hate Ellen Page with the fury of a thousand suns, but she didn't ruin the show for me. It would have been significantly better with someone besides her, even though she plays an emotional cripple perfectly because I imagine that's what she is like in real life. There were many things that felt "mediocre" or dragged out, but overall I liked the concept and would watch another season.

***sjw rant below***

I couldn't help but wonder, because of shit like Scarlett Johansson having to turn down playing a transgender because she's not a transgender herself and all of Hollywood feeling the need to virtue signal about it, why Ellen Page felt the need to take a heterosexual's role when she's not a heterosexual herself. Of course I'm being facetious, and normally I don't give a single fuck, but since she's a massive cunt about this stuff too, I want someone like @Foler that is crazy enough to brave the shitstorm that is Twitter to troll cunts like her and ask her why it was ok for her to play a heterosexual. Think of all the poor, underrepresented heterosexuals in Hollywood that could have used their lived experiences to further the role!

God I hate her. And according to her, God actually does hate her. Cunt.
Wife and I just finished season one last night, and I thought it was funny that she said she really liked the show, but she wishes they had cast anyone other than Ellen Page because she's awful.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wife and I just finished season one last night, and I thought it was funny that she said she really liked the show, but she wishes they had cast anyone other than Ellen Page because she's awful.
Not to dissuade you or anything, but so far I've only managed to watch one episode of Season 2. Haven't kept up with this thread beyond going right to this post via clicking the notification, so no idea if people liked it or not. I just can't get into it at all.

Still hate Ellen Paige though!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, if they needed brunette, and capable of portraying "powerful, but cray cray" there is a better option I'm sure they could have gotten...

1600894745941.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
We went from cute Ellen Paige
xmen.jpg

To whatever the hell this is
the-umbrella-academy-ellen-page-03-scaled.jpg

She looks skeletal now

• 1Barf

Cybsled

Netflix officially renewed for season 3. Production starts in Feb.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
She isn't getting enough attention from Lesbian and needs to escalate things. She won't have any hormones or surgery.

So since her character is a woman she should now have to step down as to avoid "malewashing" a character and denying a woman the role? Right? Am I following how this works now?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
She isn't getting enough attention from Lesbian and needs to escalate things. She won't have any hormones or surgery.

These people are deranged. The fact they honestly think there is some trans murder club out there roaming the streets looking for trans people to kill is insane. Does she not realize if she just kept her trap shut, she could be sexually attracted to anyone she wants, she could identify with whatever sex she wanted, and no one would know, nor give a shit? The theatrics are mind-numbing.

Anyway, I'm not holding out much hope for season 3, just like most shows made in the last 2 years. Season 2 was a SJW clusterfuck. "Lets see we want the lesbian thing in there, and we still want the gay thing in there. Oh lets throw in the evil racist white people thing. " Then they remembered they had to have some sort of narrative plot connected to Season 1, so they threw some shit together quick which was embarrassingly bad.

Anyone who hasn't watched this yet, stop after Season 1, and make up your own ending to the story.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
These people are deranged. The fact they honestly think there is some trans murder club out there roaming the streets looking for trans people to kill is insane.
Technically there is, its just Joggers who get buyers remorse after they bust a nut in a tranny.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
1) Sex workers experience disproportionate violence
2) Trans people are disproportionately involved in sex work

Conclusion:
- Don't choose a dangerous line of work and try to 'pass' while doing it? Nope. Must be a trans genocide going on.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So you're saying post nut clarity is what turns black men into murderers?
Funny enough, there is actually criminal data that backs that up. Most trannies that get ganked statistically its by black men, often immediately following some sort of sexual activity with said tranny. Same statistics more or less happen with gay men. I guess they cannot help but find a port in a storm when they are sporting a chub, lacking impulse control of course, but the moment they brick shame kicks in and the brilliant well thought out plan is to murder the dude you literally dropped DNA evidence in. Statistically speaking, black men murdering trannies is the second biggest cause of tranny death behind suicide. Of course the wokesters pretend its roving right wing death squads because the first two crush some major narrative delusions they have sold themselves on. The whole thing is another element of their fucked up persecution complex that drives them to mutilate themselves in the first place.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i know nothing about this show, but i just read that Ellen Page is a fucking man now? what in the holy fuck is going on? as posted, yeah she should be fired from her female roles because a man is playing a woman and she is now part of the Patriarchy.

• 1Like