The Walking Dead

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a shit sandwich that was....nothing really happened in the end, Sasha dieing.

Worst standoff in the history of television.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

The majority of fans lost this year was due to loss of actors they were interested in and Negan's darkness.
Ya I know, what the fuck, but that has been the polled responses even mid season.
As I said a few weeks ago it would be telling on the finale to see how many of the 7 million came back. It was just 1 million. Not good for the show advertiser wise.
While still big bucks money making it will be in a much less secure dollar amount than this season started with.

They keep this up and lose another 6 million people, we may see it having normal commercials even.

A lot of people liked Glenn and also the Glenn+Maggie pairing, because it was one of the few bright spots in the show. Not surprised the ratings took a dump after Glenn got his head bashed in.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's not true. A lot of the seasons have been full of filler. My wife and I were talking about this the other day. The show would be more watchable if they just released the whole season like Netflix so you could binge it. I think next season we are going to watch the opener and then have a marathon the day of the finale.

I don't mean there were a lot of filler episodes, I mean the entire season between the premier and finale were just a complete waste of time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welcome to the Walking Dead. The plot advances very little episode to episode. In fact, the plot generally only advances once or twice a season. This isn't new. The show has been like that since day 1.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I don't mean there were a lot of filler episodes, I mean the entire season between the premier and finale were just a complete waste of time.
I agree, nothing happened for the most part. They should have done "Total War" for the second half of the season. As a non-comic book reader I was expecting some kind of conclusion to the Negan arc. Now it's going to drag out for another season.

• 1Solidarity

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree the finale was weak. I expected the episode to be a full hour of knock down drag out fighting and all we got was 10 minutes and it wasn't even all that. At least when they were at the prison they had this massive battle with the Governor. Biggest facepalm (and there was a lot) was after Sasha zombie comes out and the initial fighting starts, girl still keeps the gun on Rick despite the fact her people are dropping like flies all around her. Only explanation is Negan probably gave her explicit instructions not to kill him no matter what.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sasha would have been more effective if she had attacked negan while still alive. only ninja zombies are effective

Goatface

the best thing they could do next season,
forget the comics, have Negan crush everyone
rick and company go on the run.
they have something like 18 regular and over 30 recurring cast now.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
While the Tiger was cool and I loved Negan's reaction, the fact that Ezekial stopped right in the middle of flying bullets everywhere to give a battle speech no one could hear anyway was one of the most facepalm moments of the entire show.

To be fair, that is totally his character though.

Edit: Fucking Dick Bass beat me to it.

I love how they triedto build up Sasha dying as this big deal. Same with Abe. Same with Cutty from the wire. Those characters never really advanced that far or had long arcs and weren't beloved. Having this a massive sendoff fell flat because even super fans dont really care about Sasha. They spend too much time with filler and not evolving characters. Shit, Sasha showed up in season 3 and has done fuck all besides get angry then bang abe. They act like her and Abe were this long running thing, they were together like 3 episodes.

Glenn and Hershel are really the only two deaths that were done well and the characters had built up and become loved. Maybe even Dale a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U

I love how they triedto build up Sasha dying as this big deal. Same with Abe. Same with Cutty from the wire. Those characters never really advanced that far or had long arcs and weren't beloved. Having this a massive sendoff fell flat because even super fans dont really care about Sasha. They spend too much time with filler and not evolving characters. Shit, Sasha showed up in season 3 and has done fuck all besides get angry then bang abe. They act like her and Abe were this long running thing, they were together like 3 episodes.

Glenn and Hershel are really the only two deaths that were done well and the characters had built up and become loved. Maybe even Dale a bit.
Several more done well.
The list of people killed on TWD is insane.
List of Deaths (TV Series)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I understand that much. To think though he wasn't pelted with about 50,000 flying bullets at that point while he was giving a battle speech no one culd hear anyway was hilarious.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
IMG_1096.JPG

Wew

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Finally killed
Andrea
in the comics.

Didn't she die in the show a few seasons back? I was expecting some sort of fake-out because the comic often does teasers and then there's this big blubbering page of writing from the creator about how sad he was.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Didn't she die in the show a few seasons back? I was expecting some sort of fake-out because the comic often does teasers and then there's this big blubbering page of writing from the creator about how sad he was.
yup, show character was a 1, while comic book character was like a 8, this was Kirkmans most difficult write off since Glenn.