The Walking Dead

Oldbased

> Than U
yep, its the predictable route of many shows that have been on the air for far too long. although some shows tried to do it sneakylike and disguised "ALIENS!" as gods. the next step is "it was all a dream". i think Lost just said, fuck it and used all those tropes to tie up their final seasons.
I never saw Lost when it was on but I binged it out 2 years ago or so. Season 1 I was like Awesome! Season 2 I was like WTF is with the flashbacks. Also WTF was that. Season 3 I was like did I queue up the wrong show and by Season 5 I was completely Lost on what I was even watching. It was like watching the writers mind decay on the drug of the year over a 5 year period.
I think 5 full seasons of just plane crashing and surviving would have been more entertaining than time warping islands or whatever the fuck was going on.
Like a modern Gilligan's Island on a 3 hour flight.

Oldbased

> Than U
BTW i completely forgot there was a season still going for this show. i will probably watch it this week because there still aint anything on TV to watch on sunday nights.
Ya, just be warned, we all know spoilers or not what type of episode this will be. It'll probably be the low of the season, but AMC never disappoints in that department, so they'll find a way to top it the next week somehow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I never saw Lost when it was on but I binged it out 2 years ago or so. Season 1 I was like Awesome! Season 2 I was like WTF is with the flashbacks. Also WTF was that. Season 3 I was like did I queue up the wrong show and by Season 5 I was completely Lost on what I was even watching. It was like watching the writers mind decay on the drug of the year over a 5 year period.
I think 5 full seasons of just plane crashing and surviving would have been more entertaining than time warping islands or whatever the fuck was going on.
Like a modern Gilligan's Island on a 3 hour flight.
i'm just gonna admit it, but the first 5 seasons of Lost was some of the best TV i ever watched, well it was the most entertaining TV at least. the Lost thread is still around here, you should sit down one day and read that thing from page one to the end and enjoy the theories all of us posited each week. some extremely crazy theories and some of those were made by me. then compare it to what actually did happen. season 6 was an abomination and doesnt deserve a mention.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Lost needs a reboot so I can have some justice on how much time I wasted theorycrafting during college on what was going on.

Walking dead really needs to step it up, ever since the governor 3 season extended death ARC it's just been ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Lost and BSG were both just winging it while claiming to have this huge story planned

TWD show has the story already tried and worked out for them and they still keep screwing it up.

by my maths, 8a's live+7 total viewers were down around 23% from 7a's numbers
and down 30% in the 18-49 demo.

according to Lincoln 8b is going to be very sad, which will be great for ratings

=

for going off the rails, think they should go all left 4 dead and start having uber walkers

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Nah Lost has some epic level illuminati shit that brought it down. I'm convinced the writer strike in 2008 was a ploy to specifically derail LOST

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
i'm just gonna admit it, but the first 5 seasons of Lost was some of the best TV i ever watched, well it was the most entertaining TV at least. the Lost thread is still around here, you should sit down one day and read that thing from page one to the end and enjoy the theories all of us posited each week. some extremely crazy theories and some of those were made by me. then compare it to what actually did happen. season 6 was an abomination and doesnt deserve a mention.

First 4* seasons

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Lauren Cohen has almost left the show in the past and her contract is up for negotiations. Wouldn't surprise me if they can't work things out and she gets the Dax treatment from DS9.

• 1Solidarity

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
bleached_coral.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm honestly looking for anything...anything at all...to watch besides this on Sunday nights. I did not give 2 shits about a single thing that happened tonight.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
In a vacuum, and placed 3 seasons earlier, this episode wouldn't have been bad. In a time before the walkers became completely harmless. It would have still been flawed, like being too long, but it would have made far more sense.

The Morgan and Carol arc also would have been better sans the endless back and forth with the only moral dilemma this show seems to be capable of discussing.

It is obvious the actors are jumping ship. Maggie is pulling a Tasha. I think we got hints that Daryl is also not long for this world.

It is fitting that's AMC renewed the show for a 9th season and "promoted" Gimple off. They could have just ended it with Negan's defeat. There is nothing left to salvage here. What characters that are left are terrible. Some of them were awesome at one time, but they have been gutted since then. So this show will become a hollowed zombie just like the monsters it was centered around.

Regardless of where this all goes and ends up, I still had a ton of fun in the first 4 seasons, and I don't regret jumping on the train. It's just a bummer it ended up like it did.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I've been a huge huge fan and craved new episodes every week for years and years. What used to be a tasty meal that I looked forward to being served because I could never expect what I would be served any given week, all I've been fed lately is stale bread and water.

The shows entire run has been a rollercoaster of peaks and valleys; that's been a given. The last chunk of these episodes this past year has been the lowest though. When Abe n Glenn met Lucille, I could literally feel my heart beating heavy in my chest like I was in a panic. It was riveting. The direct aftermath was new and fresh to see the group so utterly broken and coping. ...then? A bunch of soccer-moms condone the violence and gore, AMC says it plans to tone down it, and it's been downhill from here. All out war? All out bore - it's the nadir of the show, and they NEED to wrap up this story line pronto... All I see anymore is nighttime sneaking, sniping, sneaking, 3 line dialogue, daytime sneaking, more sniping.. etc etc etc.

I *did* love the reveal that old-man Rick's utopian world was simply Carl's fever-dream. That was bittersweet and enjoyable. Unfortunately, I just didn't care as much about a season 1 death as I should have. Maybe because, I dunno, they stretched out his death for 4 months. Which is in my opinion the crux of the problem. Everything they do feels stretched thin anymore. They are saying in 3 paragraphs what could be said in a couple of sentences.

I think they need to step up their dialogue and plot game.
I think they need more complex character struggles.
I think they need to make the world pve instead of pvp again.
I think... I think I just don't care about it all anymore, and, well... that's what really died last night.

Make me love you again, TWD :(

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
they stretched out his death for 4 months. Which is in my opinion the crux of the problem. Everything they do feels stretched thin anymore. They are saying in 3 paragraphs what could be said in a couple of sentences.

:(

I think this is what is killing the show more than their move away from the graphic violence.... Which in all reality they haven't really done all that much. I mean, Morgan did disembowel a guy with his bare hands last night. They literally took 7 episodes in 8a to show an event that would barely have filled up two or three tops. They also have this really ANNOYING habit of taking what should be the finale episode and making it the first episode in the next season. Last night's really should have been the mid finale. The Glenn and Abraham deaths should have been the finale of season 6. Between that and this really strange direction they are taking many of the characters, only to change their minds and go back, only to change their minds again and go back to the strange direction. The dragging out has taken Negan from this terrifying character who makes your heart race when he's on screen, to a dude who crashes your house and makes your kid make him spaghetti. It has been obvious 16 episodes were too many to fill with the story at hand, and they picked the completely worst way to fill them instead of maybe doing an entire season in one half. Like 7 and 8 should have been two halves of one season.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You know this show sucks when they are killing off a major character and it's more comedy than tragedy.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm honestly looking for anything...anything at all...to watch besides this on Sunday nights. I did not give 2 shits about a single thing that happened tonight.
Evil Dead started a new season on Sundays last night if you got Prems. Believe it or not many networks are still shy about putting good shit on Sundays when TWD is running. That is because it had at one time 15 million viewers which topped everything on TV for almost any night on network. That should be going away now they are pushing like 8 million tops which is still insanely good but not so much that other networks fear losing audience to it.

The next major show for my interests with past seasons is in April with The 100. I've seen a bunch of new shows are set to hit in the next month or two on several networks, but ya, it is a bit light atm for quality shows.

As for this show. Season 2 still remains the worst for me. I enjoyed season 3/4/5 as I liked the idea behind a fortified small town and Gov was ok. The whole shit with Andrea ruined it more than it should as her character and hell maybe her was just terrible for me. The whole Alexandria shit has been nightmare levels stupid all around. Well fenced community that has guard towers and shit that no one ever seems to man. They have DOZENS if not a hundred people that only show up when people need to die or shit is hitting the fan. The town should be well fortified, lit, and secured yet 99% of the time someone has to beat on the damn gate to get someone to go check the door. Given a base like and the fact that they had scavenging teams it should have never have fallen no matter who Negan was and how well he was geared. In reality forest and weeds would have been cleared well away from it and that house they always park shit at outside the gate would have been burned away. Walls manned and defenses that make sense.
It's been hard to enjoy any of it since they showed up to that shithole that shouldn't be so worthless. It isn't like there is a lack of metal sheeting from roofs or chain link fencing laying around at all those businesses/houses all over they scavenge at.

One episode they show heavy equipment and semis hauling shit for Abe to build a better fence then poof, gone as soon as the script is done with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
God this episode sucked. My wife said I could stop watching if I wanted. That's how I know it truly sucks

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm hoping this happens. She's been hanging in there with this snoozefest, but some cracks were starting to form last season, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show has become what going to raids was when it's at the point of watching the entire haul for the night rot.

But there's that one chance, it may provide something...... and it wasn't this episode.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users