The Walking Dead

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
one of their ads came on the other day while i was watching Expedition Unknown, with exception of Daryl, everyone else is a minority or female or a female minority now. there doesnt even seem to be zombies on it anymore. what a fucking joke.

Fuck you.

Why did you point this out? Now I'm going to hate the show even more. I was at the point where I could at least hate-watch it because it gets downloaded to my Plex. But you're completely right, Darrel is basically the only adult white male. Literally the whole gang of new people are mixed race females (I can't tell what sex the androgynous slingshot shooter is), the other fat white male went missing two episodes ago. And you're right, there's not even zombies, just fat white powerful females with RIDICULOUS fucking accents (how terrible of an actress is she) that wear zombie skins.

I can't even tell you where Maggie went, no one seems to have noticed that Negan escaped, Carol and the King have disappeared, is the fat asian guy that protected the king still alive? The hot (hispanic!) girl that I think fucked Abraham hasn't been seen in a while.

Please, just end this show.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuck you.

Why did you point this out? Now I'm going to hate the show even more. I was at the point where I could at least hate-watch it because it gets downloaded to my Plex. But you're completely right, Darrel is basically the only adult white male. Literally the whole gang of new people are mixed race females (I can't tell what sex the androgynous slingshot shooter is), the other fat white male went missing two episodes ago. And you're right, there's not even zombies, just fat white powerful females with RIDICULOUS fucking accents (how terrible of an actress is she) that wear zombie skins.

I can't even tell you where Maggie went, no one seems to have noticed that Negan escaped, Carol and the King have disappeared, is the fat asian guy that protected the king still alive? The hot (hispanic!) girl that I think fucked Abraham hasn't been seen in a while.

Please, just end this show.
hey man, i noped out last year after Coral got bit, i was just commenting on the advert for the show.
i had no idea its sunk this low. this is why SJWs need to be stopped. they infect everything.

Cybsled

Maggie literally ghosted in the show. She vanished and one character says "Oh, Maggie left and took her kid with her to help with a new settlement". All of that happened off screen.

As for other characters not having screen time, part of that could be story driven, but it could also be $$$$ driven. They usually pay actors by episode. Less episodes = less $.

Goatface

iirc
She just signed on for 6 shows this season and had limited time to available to film due to her other show.
they said they wanted to keep her alive to possible come back.

been a while reading the SAG rule, but think cast is broken down to something like
main
guest star
regular
recurring
forget
background

regular get credit for every show, even if they don't appear
used to be a wiki that listed them, but not seeing it now, but found some press stuff
S8 Enid, Simon and Jadis moved to regular
S7 Jesus, Negan, Gregory, and Dwight moved to regular (20 regulars, Deanna and Jessie were killed off)
S6 had 18 regulars

background get day/weekly rates but don't have speaking roles
forget what is above background, remember an interview with JMS on BSG
was asked about why there were so many people that never talked
said if they said 1 word could cost them thousands more

anyway, all the BS to say TWD must spent a ton on cast
there was a reddit chart during all out war where there was like over 40 active players

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am just laughing at the main bad guy now, a bald housewife with a shit southern accent. What happened to sniper rifles?

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Where the fuck did the priest who was hanging out with Negan go too? God make this stupid shit end already please.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I tried watching this most recent episodes, where it's all the fucking idiots who wear zombie skins, just hanging out in the woods, with their zombie skins on their faces. It's so fucking bad. I finally rage quit this show. I just deleted it off my Plex/Sonarr thing. I'll never think about it again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I tried watching this most recent episodes, where it's all the fucking idiots who wear zombie skins, just hanging out in the woods, with their zombie skins on their faces. It's so fucking bad. I finally rage quit this show. I just deleted it off my Plex/Sonarr thing. I'll never think about it again.
Same, I have been a loyal fan up to this point but that's all I can stands and I can't stands no more.

I mean, in the past people would have to be drenched in zombie guts in order to be ignored by the walkers. Now? A dried up mask is enough to fool 'em? Also retarded is the entire group shambling along to their destination when there are no walkers around. God damn it's just dumb as shit. Was the comic story line like this?

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I haven't watched the show but I did not find them to be lame in the comic. They were fairly menacing and dangerous and skilled at directing zombie hoards at things they want to not exist.
By the way, did they do a time jump in the comics? We've leaped forward something like 7 years in the show now.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I haven't watched the show but I did not find them to be lame in the comic. They were fairly menacing and dangerous and skilled at directing zombie hoards at things they want to not exist.

Not in the show. It's a fucking fat hillbillry trailer trash wellfare queen that leads them. And like ShakyJake said, even when there aren't zombies around, they "stay in character" and act like them. It's so fucking dumb. It's so bad it almost makes it impossible to believe the series was ever good.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
By the way, did they do a time jump in the comics? We've leaped forward something like 7 years in the show now.

I can't think of one. After the Negan arc is the arc with the Whisperers and while time passes between the two it's nothing like seven years.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you liked some of what they were doing with the show the comic is pretty good. There is something like 180+ issues of it now and it has yet to make me regret bothering keeping on it.

Goatface

i still have yet to watch 2nd half, always hated the idea of the whispers

if the rumor about
Negan
becoming the new leader happens , i will quit

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
i still have yet to watch 2nd half, always hated the idea of the whispers

if the rumor about
Negan
becoming the new leader happens , i will quit

It means not a thing but in the comic

he cuts off the head of the leader, presents it to Rick, and then his character arc reaches completion when he is free yet exiled and heads into the wilderness alone. He crafts a new Lucille, we learn that is the name of his wife and in the end he decides to put her down and heads off in to the proverbial sunset.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually think this season is an improvement over 7 and 8, and on par with 5 and 6. Is it great? Or at the same level as the first four seasons? Absolutely not. But honestly that show died with Beth and it has floundered ever since. At least now it is FAR better at actual pacing.

The show suffers from bad characters but that is because most of the characters were ruined in the previous 4 seasons. The key ones that remain are Michone, Daryl, and Carol. The latter two are getting resucistated decently and Michone wants to be killed off so they aren't bothering.

As far as the whisperers go, frankly (and I'm just talking show here) they are better than the saviors outside of early Negan. Their whole Billy bad ass shtick wore off before we got to the Glenn death and stuck around like a bad case of crotch itch for two entire seasons. I do agree that the whole basis of the whisperers is faulty based on already established logic. However I think the writers thought showing them flaying dead zombies to make the masks was enough to imply that's what they do (covering themselves in guts). No it's not.

As far as the leader, I have to disagree. A hillbilly prepper is exactly the type of person that would.come up with this idea and pull it off. I do find the second in command to be cooler although the name beta makes my Poe's law sense tingle a bit.

in the end it's deeply flawed show on a night that nothing else is on that the wife and I want to watch as a cap to the weekend. I find this current iteration easier to sit through than anything Gimple shit out in 7 - 8. Yes the show should have ended with 8 and they should have "won" and killed Negan just for closure. But they didn't and as long as it isn't competing with Game of thrones or anything else that is better, which shouldn't be hard to do yet amazingly has not happened, then I'm content to keep this as the show we watch before going to bed to start another week.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user