The Witcher

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
See now that is what I'm talking about, Spartacus was a show with busty wenches and the women had fucking pubic hair. Breakdown Breakdown and the rest of you goddamn millienials spoiled that for us.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wanna be grossed out? Imagine Geralt having a prolonged sexual relationship with Fringilla in Toussaint after a falling out with Yennefer.

Cause that happens in the books.

• 6Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow. Geralt and Fringorilla could have had a very powerful mixed baby. Half pale half black, half Witcher half Wizard.

Too bad Geralt cant have kids.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Wow. Geralt and Fringorilla could have had a very powerful mixed baby. Half pale half black, half Witcher half Wizard.

Too bad Geralt cant have kids.
Moot point. His job is to kill ghouls, not knock them up.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best thing about this show was the tune "Toss a coin to your witcher..."

I can't stop hearing that line in my head.
Screenshot_20200108-162308~2.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would take the writers who made "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" and have them write stories about the Witcher and his cuck bard friend going around to different towns slaying monsters getting drunk and banging wenches in town, this would be the weekly formula with a slow developing story in the background with the destiny horseshit not so in your face.

Take this

iu

combine it with

iu

throw in some women who you would actually want to see naked and plowed

iu

=

giphy.gif

The bard guy is called Dandelion in the game. He's actually the son of some high up noble but doesn't care about that shit. All he cares about is singing dumb songs and slaying pussy. He's awesome lol.

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was actually pleasantly surprised by this show. all the stuff leading up to it, the showing of the cast and some snippets of trailers I thought it was gonna be dog shit. And for the most part I enjoyed it. When It was done I definitely wanted more.

I do agree that some of the shit in the beginning was a bit confusing with the timelines, but as it went along it started to make sense and it all came together quite well. I suppose they could of done a better job, maybe with a date at the bottom of the screen or some shit?

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Didn't even need dates, just something that actually pointed out to the viewer that the times were different to begin with. The first time I actually knew they were different timelines was when the Yen side of things had the younger versions of the incest king/sister at the ball. I might have missed something earlier, but I don't think so.

• 3Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I would take the writers who made "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" and have them write stories about the Witcher and his cuck bard friend going around to different towns slaying monsters getting drunk and banging wenches in town, this would be the weekly formula with a slow developing story in the background with the destiny horseshit not so in your face.

Take this

iu

combine it with

iu

throw in some women who you would actually want to see naked and plowed

iu

=

giphy.gif

Indeed. That show was damn amazing. I never really wanted to fuck Lucy Lawless in Xena or until Spartacus but she was one sexy whore. The others are obviously top tier fucks. The combination of gore, sex, and action was unmatched.

This show was pretty good. I also hope they do more of the weekly adventure shit because that is what will keep this on air. If garbage like Supernatural can stay afloat for over 15 years with terrible acting and stories, they should be able to pull a Hurcules/Xena here as well.

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't even need dates, just something that actually pointed out to the viewer that the times were different to begin with. The first time I actually knew they were different timelines was when the Yen side of things had the younger versions of the incest king/sister at the ball. I might have missed something earlier, but I don't think so.
The first episode made a few very notable statements about time. "grandma won her first battle when she was 14!" Then, like 2 minutes into the scene change with Geralt and Renfri. "Queen Calanthe just won her first battle last week" or something like that. They were pretty careful about making fairly blatant statements of timeframe. "I've been attending to state affairs for nearly 3 decades"- Yenn with lady in the carriage.
But yes, a disclaimer would have done wonders. I was able to keep track because I had heard about it.

• 3Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
The first episode made a few very notable statements about time. "grandma won her first battle when she was 14!" Then, like 2 minutes into the scene change with Geralt and Renfri. "Queen Calanthe just won her first battle last week" or something like that. They were pretty careful about making fairly blatant statements of timeframe. "I've been attending to state affairs for nearly 3 decades"- Yenn with lady in the carriage.
But yes, a disclaimer would have done wonders. I was able to keep track because I had heard about it.
Yea first episode was spent nailing down the word salad of cast of characters. Wasnt even aware who what queen was which and when until the episode was over. Could have been done much better, but still enjoyed it.

• 3Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The gold dragon episode was retarded.

Agree with this. Outside of it being telegraphed, the dragon being a good guy was dumb and him talking in his normal voice in dragon form was cheesy as hell. It felt like something cut from Kevin Sorbo's Hercules

• 3Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It just felt stupid. Two nubian warrior women following him....lol.

The cgi of dragons were laughable.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
May have already posted this, but I thought it was hilarious that the two Zerrikanian women really didn't look the least bit exotic because of how many black people they already stuffed into the show.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really kind of hate disjointed timeline stuff. Most shows do it terribly as it takes considerable talent to make a disjointed timeline, mix and match it, and still come out with a coherent and easy to follow storyline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Watching this with my hubby who was confused at the beginning with GoT and this is no different. The different timelines makes it confusing for him to figure out. After episode 2, I had to surmise what was going on, the importance of Frennefer and the girl in the woods.

I'm loving it. Hopefully he will learn to love it.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I really kind of hate disjointed timeline stuff. Most shows do it terribly as it takes considerable talent to make a disjointed timeline, mix and match it, and still come out with a coherent and easy to follow storyline.
Yeah, agreed. But it'd be 100x better if they just did the obvious thing directors have done for decades -- text on the screen. "Five years ago".

Its like they've all decided they're gonna do it some artsy subtle way and it always fails. I can't think of a single split timeline movie or show where they refused to tell you "five year ago" and it actually worked.

--
Unrelated to the above.

Gold dragon episode was retarded in so many ways. I'm ready to let the dragon nonsense itself go as a filler monster of the week episode. But the relationship shit with Yennifer is so stupid. So far Geralt has given exactly one indication of even liking her - when he said she smells good (which is hysterical itself given the casting. They really should have changed that line. Its like if they raceswapped a black chick into the role and then kept a line about how fine and silky her hair was).

Now its all weepy "you've already lost her" "I'm so sad I cant have a baby" melodrama. I'd hope its the end of her screen time but from what I've read I guess she remains a main character?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe the law of surprise is to receive the first thing the person sees when arriving home that they didnt know they had. It's implied that this would often be a child born during their absence but it seems like that would be rare unless we start thinking more like Odyssey kind of trips or war. Where men would be returning home after long absence. I also think the "don't have at the time" is what defaults its to children more than it would otherwise. If a man is going to give you something valuable he will have in the future well for any young adult that is oft going to be able to interpreted as his children as he begins/continues having them.

So in this particular situation, the law is invoked "he doesn't know of the child" he learns of the child a few seconds later, contract filled.
I'm mostly curious what happens if someoen comes home and finds two different things he didn't know about at the time of the promise.