The Wolverine

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They did the same shit with I am Legend, remember? They totally turned the story upside down. If I was that writer, I would tell them to fuck themselves. Unless they threw tons of cash my way which is probably what happened.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Actually, don't Fox currently have Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men right now, and Marvel WISHES they had the rights back?

Juvarisx

Florida
I am sure they do, X-Men is a license to print money, and the comic fans wish they did too so we could get a coherent story arc going like they have for the Avengers universe. Honestly, Fox didn't screw up X-Men to the point of no return and at least Days of Future past could fix the consistency issues that arose with X3 and Origins. They were generally well cast movies particularly Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine and those actors are motivated to an enough to keep playing those characters. Personally I more wish that Marvel could get Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Spiderman back, particularly Spiderman which if cast right would be really fun to watch the personalities bounce off RDJ.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Marvel has the Daredevil rights back, another shitty Fantastic Four reboot is in the making though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I'm saying action has to be result of some conflict. the problem is, they do not explain the conflict before the action. You spend the majority of this moving, going "wtf is going on?" But it is not directed or edited or written like a mystery movie. WTF going on? works great for primer, or momento. Not here, this is an action movie. We can't be invested in the fights when we don't know the stakes, or even who is on whose side.
I always thought the "WTF IS GOING ON" and "WHO ARE THESE GUYS" was a key part of the Wolverine persona. Dude does not even know who he is, so how would he know who is after him? I always recall ninjas popping out of no where trying to kill him as par for the course.
cool.png

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
It was better than Origins.. Not by much.
The viper bitch had no impact on the movie whatsoever. They could have taken her out completely and the movie wouldn't have changed.

The clip during the credits made no sense. Prof. X was killed in Last Stand, transferred himself into another body, comes back the same person and still in a wheelchair? Magneto was made mortal, had his powers taken away at the end of Last Stand. Yet, he has them back. So what the fuck? Am I missing something?

joz123

Potato del Grande
The viper bitch had no impact on the movie whatsoever. They could have taken her out completely and the movie wouldn't have changed.

The clip during the credits made no sense. Prof. X was killed in Last Stand, transferred himself into another body, comes back the same person and still in a wheelchair? Magneto was made mortal, had his powers taken away at the end of Last Stand. Yet, he has them back. So what the fuck? Am I missing something?
Well if you watched the end of "Last Stand" you see Magneto at a chess table in the park and he slightly moves a chess piece without touching it, so we know Magneto most likely got his power back.

Devlin

Golden Squire

You missed the part where X-3 was a really shitty movie with a horrible story.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
This is a year old so I am sure some of the info has changed but here is a list of the Marvel properties not under Marvel control:

20th Century Fox

Daredevil: Daredevil/Matt Murdock, Elektra (Natchios), The Kingpin/Wilson Fisk, Bullseye, Jack Murdock, Karen Page, Ben Urich

Elektra: Christine Cord/Tatoo, Typhoid Mary/Marry Alice Walker, Kirigi, Stick, Stone

Fantastic Four: Doctor Doom/Victor von Doom, Human Torch/Johnny Storm, Invisible Woman/Susan Storm, Mr. Fantastic/Dr. Reed Richards, The Thing/Ben Grimm, Nova/Frankie Raye, Alicia Masters, Willie Lumpkin

X-Men Mutants: [Agent Zero/Maverick/David North], Angel/Warren Worthington III, Arclight/Phillippa Sontag, Beast/Dr. Henry Phillip "Hank" McCoy, [Blob/Frederick J. Dukes], [Bolt/Christopher Bradley], Callisto, Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin, Cyclops/Scott Summers, [Deadpool/Wade Wilson], Emma (Grace) Frost, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Juggernaut/Cain Marko, Gambit/Remy LeBeau, Glob Herman/Herman Gardner, Iceman/Bobby Drake, Jubilee/Jubilation Lee, Katherine "Kitty" Anne Pryde, [Kestrel/John Wraith], Lady Deathstrike/Yuriko Oyama, Leech, Magneto/Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Mastermind/Jason (Wyngarde), Multiple Man/James Arthur Madrox, Mystique/Raven Darkholme, Nightcrawler/Kurt Wagner, Phat/William Robert "Billy-Bob" Reilly, Professor Charles Xavier, Psylocke/Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock, Pyro/St. John Allerdyce, Quill/Max Jordan, Rogue/(Anna) Marie, Sabretooth/Victor Creed, Sebastian Hiram Shaw, [Silver Fox], Siryn/Theresa Rourke Cassidy, (The) Spike, Storm/Ororo Munroe, Wolverine/Logan

X-Men Non-Mutants: Drake Family (Steven, Madeline, Ronny), Grey Family (Dr. John, Elaine), Henry Peter Gyrich, Robert Edward Kelly, Dr. Moira Kinross MacTaggert, Dr. Kavita Rao, William Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Warren Worthington II

Sony Pictures

Ghost Rider: Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze, Blackheart/Legion, Phantom Rider/Carter Slade, Abigor, Gressil, Mephistopheles, Wallow, Barton Blaze, Roxanne Simpson

Spider-Man: Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, (New) Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, [The Lizard]/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph "Robbie" Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The problem with that argument is that they aren't just retelling stories. They are rewriting fundamental character traits. Why is that a problem? Because they aren't respecting the source material and if they are rewriting source material so much that characters resemble each other in name only, THEN WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER?
You have touched on the very basis of what is wrong when people who love a book/comic source material go to see the movie/TV show made from it. At this part they aren't re-writing fundamental character traits of stories. They are simply telling the cinematic universe version of that characters story using elements and inspiration from the source materials. Learn to accept this, grasshopper, and much greater peace will come to you.

j00t

No, I'm okay with characters being adjusted to fit the medium. Wolverine not ever leaving cyclops for dead in the savage land in order to get with jean is fine. Magneto being taken by the Nazi's is fine. Things like that are fine because they are shown to be in the same spirit as the characters.

Having something like wolverines claws being broken? Having juggernauts powers turned off? Taking away Deadpool's mouth and giving him eye lasers? Those are fundamentally against those characters. That's the problem.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I figure Xavier helped him fully get his powers back because a guy with control over magnetism is rather handy against an army of machines.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
I always thought that in X3, each shot of that Mutant Vaccine took away one "level" of mutant power. E.g Magneto said he was a level 4, beast used 3 syringes on him, so left him a level 1.

j00t

Their classification system is basically a way to demonstrate some sort of power hierarchy. It doesn't really mean much outside of OMG omega level?!?! That's over 9000!!!!

Caliane

in comics mutant "levels" are not directly tied to power.

alpha, beta, delta, Epsilon, Gamma, Omega.

Alpha is humanoid, powerful and little to no flaws(aka, they can control it, and it doesn't just kill people innately). Storm, Kitty Pryde, Emma frost, psylocke etc are all Alphas. "less then 10% are alpha"
Beta is humanoid, powerful, but with flaws. (aka slightly less human, can't control it, etc) Cyclops, Rogue, Mystique are your prototypical Beta mutants. About 10% are Beta.
Delta is humanoid, less powerful, but little to no flaws. Domino, Pixie, Jubilee are prototypical Deltas. about 50% are Deltas.
Epsilon is sad panda. barely human, weak powers. Beak, Toad, that eyeball guy, glob herman. about 20%
Gamma is powerful, but severe flaws. Rogue might also be considered a gamma. Blob, Beast, Sabertooth. That kid whose power it was to kill everyone within 3 miles. Gammas often have to be killed or confined simply because their powers are inherently dangerous, and they can't control them.
Omega is oh shit balls. mutants with powers that are reality breaking, universal, or in general capable of killing the planet. Scarlett Witch, Iceman, Phoenix, Legion. "Omega" is more of a power level then an actual classification as most of the others are.

Partial reason for this was "omega threats" which was the SHIELD term used for any global crisis.