Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So make them illegal to prevent the 1% from abusing them, when they have tests for it anyway (and we pretend they aren't on them)?

Testosterone is a miracle for men once they hit their mid 40s. And yet we stigmatize it because of sports. That's ridiculous.
It is indeed ridiculous if that is the reason. I'm not educated enough on steroids to know whether its safe for OTC use though.

Kiki

Log Wizard
You can get around the tests anyway, the only reason Lance got caught was because he admitted it. Icarus was a really good documentary on it, with the whole Russia affair and the dude defecting to the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Didn't Rogan have a segment on his show where they talked about him knowing the guy the studio hired for Hugh Jackman way back when?

It's the same kind of unrealistic body image you see on the female side of the business, tbh I'd be shocked if any of these jacked actor guys were not taking some kind of hormone therapy or whatever the fuck they have now. I'm surprised they don't have them injecting blood they harvest from young virgins they keep locked up in a cavernous dungeon under silver lake.
i think it mightve been something like rogan and mma brendan shaub saying "what if" you had a hollywood role to look jacked to the gills, sign me up, give me whatever hugh is on, b/c in hollywood it's your job to look good, something like that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can get around the tests anyway, the only reason Lance got caught was because he admitted it
lol no. He didn't admit anything until after he was caught and stripped of all his wins.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
But but but....roids are bad, M'kay
Remember Chris Benoit!
Pretty sure this was probably the biggest roid offender. Benoit's shit probably had a lot more to do with concussions and the roids just amplified it.
former-wwe-star-scott-steiner-aka-big-poppa-pump-in-a-serious-condition-001.jpg

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even on juice they bust their asses in the gym, you don't just hulk out on roids while eating chips on the couch.
A normal schedule of pt, Mother fucker you would probably puke out your shoes trying to do half of what some of these dudes do.

Exactly, people think Roids are some easy quick fix, when they mostly just allow you to heal faster. The simplistic overarching rule with steroids is that they cut your muscle healing time in half (a more complex picture would need to go into the different types of steroids, which each help achieve slightly different goals (such as mass building vs cutting vs stamina)). Some muscle groups require 2 or more days to fully heal, while others are less than 24 hours. While juicing, you can pretty much work the same body parts, every other day (depending on genetics and age).

In Arnold's weightlifting encyclopedia, he lists his lifting scheduled that he followed. He probably had fairly amazing recovery times due to genetics already, and the steroids turned it up to 11. He did hours in the gym in the morning, then hours in the gym at night; half of his muscle groups each day, some groups, like abs, were a pushed daily, along with building up a good sweat to release all the lactic acid his muscles would build up.

If you can afford the medical team that specialize in it, steroids and HGH are fairly safe (for males), as long as they follow the doctor's recommendations and the doctor has the right incentives (keeping the horse healthy VS getting paid by the studio to get the look, at whatever cost). I would imagine they get weekly blood tests and pay large amounts to get the tests pushed through a lab asap. This would allow them to catch any issues, and adjust their cycle meds, as needed.

The problem with steroids is that they have serious side effects for those who don't properly educate themselves on how to take them and diminishing returns once a person gets to their personal plateau; thus, lead to abusive behavior with the general public self medicating. People see the huge gains during a cycle, then watch part of that work fade away, between cycles. This leads users to stay on cycles longer and ignore proper down time procedures for recovery.

HGH has its own issues, but I never researched them, as they were 10 times as expensive when I was lifting. While I did a decent amount of steroid researched, I never actually used them, not because I think they are bad, but because I cant inject myself with a needle (growing up with weekly/monthly allergy shots have scared me for life).

They don't seem much harder to acquire than weed, and I have never heard of anyone getting busted for it. The kid who sold roids in high school basically had his own house with a keg on tap in his garage. His parents had multiple homes, and lived somewhere else. He would drive down to Mexico and get 4 or so different types every so often.

*This post is in regards to males only, as far as I have read, the female body is seriously and usually permanently fucked up by steroids.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So make them illegal to prevent the 1% from abusing them, when they have tests for it anyway (and we pretend they aren't on them)?

Testosterone is a miracle for men once they hit their mid 40s. And yet we stigmatize it because of sports. That's ridiculous.

I thought that once you started taking T that you could never stop.

Sterling

El Presidente
most PED use is about recovery. Being on stacks lets you do silly shit at the gym like doing high volume for specific muscle groups 3-4 times a week instead of once or twice. I'm sure it's also not just the giant jacked dudes that are doing it, and I'm sure many of the women are doing some stuff too. Just going to be a thing when so much rides on their bodies.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
While I did a decent amount of steroid researched, I never actually used them, not because I think they are bad, but because I cant inject myself with a needle (growing up with weekly/monthly allergy shots have scared me for life).
I never did them myself but knew a couple low tier pro wrestlers who did back in the day. the injecting thing was critical. People trying to avoid the needle and doing it orally tore the fuck out of their liver and kidneys. Gotta take the jab or be a shrimp.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
lol no. He didn't admit anything until after he was caught and stripped of all his wins.

Sorry, I should say his teammates admitted it, he only allegedly tested positive once officially in that entire time and allegedly buried it early in his career. It was for cortisone and they just said he had cortisone cream. The other was hearsay so yeah, no real evidence. His teammates ratted him out along with financials showing payments. He then admitted it.

Regardless, the point is that the tests are easy to circumvent. The documentary shows this clearly and Lance was forcing his entire team to do it so it wasn't a one-off kind of thing either.

Caliane

yeah. im in the camp shit should even be legal for sports. just get it out in the open, so everyone is on an equal playing field for it. Its not nearly as dangerous as it used to be.

if HGH can prolong careers why in the world, aren't we allowing it? if it can help heal injuries of accident victims, etc...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah. im in the camp shit should even be legal for sports. just get it out in the open, so everyone is on an equal playing field for it. Its not nearly as dangerous as it used to be.

if HGH can prolong careers why in the world, aren't we allowing it? if it can help heal injuries of accident victims, etc...
now that they are allowing trannies on medication into olympic competition. PEDs should be allowed as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats not true at all. You can PCT off of it, or take HCG while on T to keep your testes still working. Theres no documented cases of people not ever being able to recover from T usage.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, like the long post by Burns, you cycle it. You have to manage your hormone levels, estrogen being a big one.

If you cycle off, you allow your body to keep producing. There are probably plenty of older guys here who are on TRT though, and can talk about what that's like. I imagine once you start that you just do it forever.

• 1Like