Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damon and Neil were obvious to me, but I didn't catch Luke, was trying to figure out who it might be. He's not super recognizable to me though.
That was part of the meta joke. He's the OTHER brother

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I loved Cate playing Hela in this movie. It was the perfect role for her. Her acting, costume and make up was on par. I don't they could of picked a better actress. The rumors on the fan sites are saying she may be Thanos's love interest in the Infinity War trilogy. Granted she's the Asgardian "Death" but she's not the Death that's portrayed in the Marvel Universe who Thanos fell in love with. Nonetheless I hope they do go with that route.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

I loved Cate playing Hela in this movie. It was the perfect role for her. Her acting, costume and make up was on par. I don't they could of picked a better actress. The rumors on the fan sites are saying she may be Thanos's love interest in the Infinity War trilogy. Granted she's the Asgardian "Death" but she's not the Death that's portrayed in the Marvel Universe who Thanos fell in love with. Nonetheless I hope they do go with that route.

her whole motive was sublimation, so that lines up well enough with her and thanos getting along.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Saw this last night and fuckin LOVED it!. The slows/stills were absolutely Michelangelo-esque. I mean Christ even the dual-wield gun scene on top of the corpses was great/eyeroll laughter type shit. My top 3 Marvel flick for sure.

WTF did this happen?!!!

Did anyone else notice they killed off The Warrior Three? WTF? WHY? Like they were just fuckin fodder! Really? I HATED Jeff Goldbloom's character. Just hated it. Or maybe the way he acted it? Didn't do it for me.
HATED HATED HATED that they made it seem like Thor could EASILY handle The Hulk at any time. That battle in the arena could have been more epic. They should have ripped that stadium down. I also hate talking Hulk. Not my thing.

9/10 for me. There were almost zero dull moments.

man Goldblum stole every damn scene he was in imo. Dude was awesome in this and was perfectly cast. Also, Thor is a God...all be it a minor one who didn't really understand his power until seemingly now (in the movies) and as Zeus showed in the comics, Gods > Hulk. Also? Stan Lee Agrees with me as he says when asked who would win in a fight, and I quote “I would have to say Thor because as strong as Hulk is, he’s still mortal. Thor is one of the Norse gods.”

And you hate Talking Hulk? I get the comics aren't for everyone but I'll assume you never read World War Hulk or Planet Hulk? Talking Hulk is best Hulk.

• 1Like

j00t

talking hulk is always awesome, as far back as mr fixit

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Hulk and goldblum were great and its weird to hear goldblum was the weak part. Warrior 3 and skurge were fucked over and it sucks.

Im1, gotg, avengerers, winter soldier, civil war are better but not by much. I have movie pass and dont feel a desire to see this again even though i loved it which normally isnt the case

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just came back from seeing this, love it. Top tier Marvel for sure.

I loved Hela, Cate Blanchett was just amazing.

The best introduction of a character has to be Valkyrie, that was just hilarious. :)

And damn I think I’m in love with Tessa Thompson, absolutely gorgeous.

• 1Picard

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Since there was no mention of the Soul Stone (the only missing Infinity Stone (orange) at this point) theories are it was either in Jeff Goldblum's orange orb staff, or if not it'll prolly show itself in Black Panther's movie.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Heimdall has the stone, and the first post-credit scene is Thanos showing up to take it and destroy the ship. That leads into the leaked trailer footage of GotG showing up.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The unspeakable things i'd do to Cate Blanchett with that outfit on.

A+ movie, will probably go again with the wife or the stray friend who hasn't seen it yet.

Totally didn't catch the cameo, time for new glasses prescription.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Great movie I really enjoyed this one. Took me until after I saw it to realize that the director is the same guy who did What We Do in the Shadows. Which is also an amazing and hilarious movie.

• 1Like

j00t

I think Heimdall has the stone, and the first post-credit scene is Thanos showing up to take it and destroy the ship. That leads into the leaked trailer footage of GotG showing up.

minor spoiler and assumptions
while heimdall COULD still have the soul stone in his eyes, loki ALSO more than likely stole the tesseract while he was in odin's vault. so even if heimdall doesn't have the last stone, there'd still be a reason why thanos would show up and destroy the ship, leading to GoTG footage. BUT we still have that scene from AoU with a blind heimdall, so there's that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
minor spoiler and assumptions
while heimdall COULD still have the soul stone in his eyes, loki ALSO more than likely stole the tesseract while he was in odin's vault. so even if heimdall doesn't have the last stone, there'd still be a reason why thanos would show up and destroy the ship, leading to GoTG footage. BUT we still have that scene from AoU with a blind heimdall, so there's that.

This was alsO my assumption.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So for all the beta ray bill fans, he was originally planed but the director didnt think it did him justice and is waiting to to introduce him later
I swear to God, if you are fucking with me!

If I get Adam Warlock and Beta Ray Bill in Marvel movies I can die happy, and if they appear in the same movie, I might just end it immediately after the movie because it can't get any better.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

If I get Adam Warlock and Beta Ray Bill in Marvel movies I can die happy, and if they appear in the same movie, I might just end it immediately after the movie because it can't get any better.

I wonder if that means Waititi intends to hang around the MCU for another Thor movie?

This movie has already made 427 million worldwide, 121 million in the U.S.

Thor: Ragnarok (2017) - Box Office Mojo

A little less than $30 million shy of what the first Thor movie made ww during it's entire run.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have not seen any of the Thor movies until this one. A+ movie loved it, Korg's fucking voice / lines cracked me up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida

Adam Warlock is basically confirmed for GotG 3

• 2Like