Tiny Malicious Dinosaurs (Bird) Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have 3 parrots and I almost regret it daily, so much cleaning is required and they chew and shit on everything you love/own.

Bird destruction list as of 4-11-19

2x G600 mice
1x Astro A40s
1x brand new PC chair
1x Xbox 360 controller
2x TV remotes
1x DS4 controller

They are smart fuckers though and finally starting to cuss. One of them dropped a treat the other day looked down at the ground, then at me and said "OH SHIT!".

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Pictures of said shitheads, and yes Kaede does Karate all day nukka!

IMG_20190209_103751.jpgIMG_20181121_161901.jpgIMG_20181127_080630.jpgIMG_20181127_081539.jpgIMG_20190206_080128.jpgIMG_20190209_103751.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Man. Birds are fun. Every year the boys and I get together to hunt. First thing we do is hit up the local pet store and clean house on birds. We bust out the Coors light and use the critters for warm up, kicks and giggles. One dude throws it in the air another aims to shoot. Parakeets can be real hard to hit. I'd feel terrible about it but half the time these drunken fools miss so half these birds are getting freedom they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
It's a true story you doubting shitheads. The best is when you and the buds buy a chicken and whoever ends up the most drunk has to try to catch it with a trashbag. Fucking hilarious. Watched a buddy chase a chicken for 2 hours once before he threw up and passed out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hawaiian Owls (Pu'eo). They give no fucks. I had one land in front of my truck at night at a stop sign and walk back and forth for 2-3 mins like it wanted me to get out of the car so it could kick my ass. Never seen one daytime like this pic.

Edit - he was a solid 20+ inches tall.

Kauai-Pueo2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So I purchased this hawk off the guy who does my neighbors lawn Care. Noticed it's been getting what looks like tumors on its head. Really concerned. Should I take it in to get looked at?

79535661.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1OK, Sure
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users

SeanDoe1z1

I was at some kid park where they did a large bird of prey show daily. Missed it so walked down to where they housed the birds (open door stable). Second my kid turned the corner this giant fucking vulture went raptor mode and she ran screaming the other way.

Worth it

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Friends with a guy who runs a rescue and does falconry at the Renn Faire as a side gig.

He has a giant owl and says that they are almost impossible to train, they ain't that smart and are super stubborn.

He's had it for years and the best he can do is make it fly from point A to Point B

• 1Salty

khorum

Murder Apologist
Prolly expensive to keep an owl healthy. Does he just feed it raw meat? Their metabolism is built for eating live mice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
mine died in the early 2000s so i dont have any digital pics
he looked like this.
Chestnut-fronted-macaw-GettyImages-602191639-596c3e635f9b582c35772192.jpg

his name was Napolean, because he would move his wings and it made him look like a little soldier and he was a prick so the name fit him really well. if you walked by his cage and didnt acknowledge him he would lunge at you and screech. but if you walked up to him and said hi, he would just stare at you like it was expected. after he died i started getting parakeets because i heard they can talk too, but they never did and only sang when the water in the kitchen was running. they didnt live long, if they got a chill they would drop dead almost instantly. no birds now, just a turtle who is steadily getting too big for his bowl.

I'm trying to picture you riding around in your ancient chrysler convertible with a flat cap, wifebeater, gold chains, and a parrot on your shoulder.
Before 2005 or so you were basically a guido pirate

• 4Worf
  • 1Trump
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
He's not a fedora guy he's like the poneytail dude in his late 40s that drives a beat up truck and loves def leopard guy.

I think everyone knows one of those guys. At least its Def Lep and not REO Speedwagon or Triumph.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
After reading this thread I am convinced the house I just bought (seller had some large caged bird-cover on) call me some name during a walk through.

I thought I was just tripping...but no that little shit definitely got a fast one in.
yea, my bird gets brave when he's covered. he tries new statements and songs. he some times makes spooky sounds (like ooOOOoooOOO) and if you react he giggles. it's pretty amusing. i'm sure it was some sort of game my wife played with him or something.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Prolly expensive to keep an owl healthy. Does he just feed it raw meat? Their metabolism is built for eating live mice.

He makes a good living hitting all the Renn faires in a tri state area and probably dies other shows as well.

Here is his owl Ulysses and him.
FB_IMG_1555019820655.jpg
FB_IMG_1555019809017.jpg

He's also the lead singer in a band (ofcourse)

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's a great horned owl. That's the raptor that eats OTHER raptors as part of a healthy breakfast.

Of course it'll be stubborn and not give a shit what he says, it's supposed to fly around randomly dismembering its prey before eating it:

wikipedia said:
Almost all prey are killed by crushing with the owl's feet or by incidentally stabbing of the talons, though some may be bitten about the face as well. Prey is swallowed whole when possible.

Many large prey items are dismembered. Great horned owls may behead large prey before taking it to its nest or eating perch. The legs may also be removed, as may (in some bird prey) the wings. The great horned owl will also crush the bones of its prey to make it more compact for carrying.[75] On occasion, the owls may return to the kill site to continue eating if the prey is too heavy to fly with after dismemberment.

The thing is a flying charnel house, raining bits and pieces of fluffy rabbits along its flightpath.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users