Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Ryoz

<Donor>
Got to level 20 with some buddies last night. Really great game. Funny, good voice actors, the classes, abilities, spells, and multi class are very well done. There are glitches however - shift wasn’t working at all, had to do a vpn and connect via lan so we could all play together. Other than minor glitches, the game is a blast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Non-spoiler : I made the mistake of drinking a beverage at 'magic missile' and nearly choked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got this weird shotgun yesterday:
shotty.jpg

When you're using it, you'll see a large ground target circle in front of you, and when you fire, a rain of arrows drops onto where the circle was. Firing it too close will kill you.

Got this at lvl12 and have been using it ever since:
classitem.jpg

Running around with a 17k Ward, can be a bit dicey vs. Lightning, but safe from everything else. This morning I got a leggo spell, that does a big aoe around me, but it buffs the hell out of my Gun and Spells for about 10sec, which pairs up nice with my secondary spell that fires out several ice spikes, which bounce to every other mob in sight. Just melts packs of mobs.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I've experienced the 'lag' today on Xbox when it loses connection to SHIFT and is trying to reconnect, so it seems to be affecting more than just PC bros.

Thoroughly enjoying the chaos of this game AND how differently the classes play from one another.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't experience any sort of lag at all, but in the past couple hours... its horrible. Game freezes every few seconds for like 20 seconds, then plays normally for a bit, then back to the stuttering.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Got this weird shotgun yesterday:
View attachment 405339
When you're using it, you'll see a large ground target circle in front of you, and when you fire, a rain of arrows drops onto where the circle was. Firing it too close will kill you.

Got this at lvl12 and have been using it ever since:
View attachment 405340
Running around with a 17k Ward, can be a bit dicey vs. Lightning, but safe from everything else. This morning I got a leggo spell, that does a big aoe around me, but it buffs the hell out of my Gun and Spells for about 10sec, which pairs up nice with my secondary spell that fires out several ice spikes, which bounce to every other mob in sight. Just melts packs of mobs.
Yea the reign of arrows weps absolutely shred. Really fun.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I haven't experience any sort of lag at all, but in the past couple hours... its horrible. Game freezes every few seconds for like 20 seconds, then plays normally for a bit, then back to the stuttering.

Lag today i think was related to the shift servers taking a shit. Would lag/disconnect/try to reconnect every 10 seconds so it was just painful cause it would freeze briefly each time. I gave it an hour or two break and was back to super smooth.

• 1Faggotry

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Having the second-class gives some interesting added flair for various builds. Its nice that its not a complete intelligence check in that there is a predefined 'best' pairing for given classes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if this is a Spellshot Ambidextrous hidden perk or not, but as a Deadshot (graveborn+spellshot), I can cast the spell in the Left slot while still firing a weapon. Its like I'm dual wielding for a few seconds (using a repeat cast spell).

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Not sure if this is a Spellshot Ambidextrous hidden perk or not, but as a Deadshot (graveborn+spellshot), I can cast the spell in the Left slot while still firing a weapon. Its like I'm dual wielding for a few seconds (using a repeat cast spell).

Yeah if its a 'Repeating Cast' spell you can indeed shoot while the cast is going off. This ONLY works in the primary (aka left hand) spell-slot if you are using Ambi-Hexterous as the right hand is also the 'gun' hand.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One small disappointment with the game so far has been the lack of random named bosses in the zones. Haven't seen a single named boss (outside quest related). Maybe the zones get refreshed after the Story is done.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Are you activating the boss totems? In the bigger zones they are hidden in world and seem to summon mini bosses after a few waves of mobs. Agree it should be more obvious and much more plentiful w fixed loot tables etc

Qhue

Trump's Staff

I'm gonna have to watch Tiny Tina as an actual 'Bunkermaster'

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This is turning into my favorite borderlands game. I think bl2 still beats it but it's up there. I think the setting just does it for me.

• 1Like

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
She had that disturbingly real moment of clarity during the Commander Lilith DLC.

There is that one and tangentially related was when you're in the Wildlife Preservation zone in BL2 you can find echos for a side quest for Tanis where you hear the logs of people captured by Jack for Slag experimentation. Tina's parents were in that experiment along with Tina and the whole goddamn echo log series is heartbreaking. BL2 was so goddamn funny interspersed with these moments like where you feel like "fuck that sucks". Everyone loves talking about how Jack was why BL2 was awesome and his absence was why BL3 sucked but the writing in BL2 was just on another level. BL3 just wasn't good in that department.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe you gotta be a little fucked in the head to be a good writer. Did Anthony Burch write this too?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Anthony Burch left Gearbox after the DLC for Borderlands 2. He was brought in staff by Mikey Neumann who himself left Gearbox after he was diagnosed with MS.

Borderlands 3 seemed to suffer from his absence as a creative force. I don't know who they got to write Wonderlands but I do want to hunt that down as they clearly have snagged a bit of that old magic..

Spellshot advice -- give various spells a trial run even if it looks like it's not an upgrade. The form factor of how they work is often key to their overall power. I'm using Ambi-Hexterous with a hard hitting long cast lightning (4 charges) in one hand and a Repeat cast AE fire snap (2 charges) in the other and it just melts faces. I almost never actually fire a gun at this point, or only do so to regen my wards as they no longer reegen in their own .