Titans

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agents of SHIELD is an actual good show now, just took a while to get there. Though to be fair it's not so much comic material as comic related.

And yeah the Falling Skies effects give me a lot of hope. I imagine Time Warner won't be half assing it here. Though Beast Boy is still going to look stupid no matter what.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
TNT really isn't the network I'd trust with this, but maybe they'll surprise me.
Hell the CW is not a network I would trust with much but they are doing a pretty reasonable job with the flash and arrow with a CW budget. I have to imagine TNT has the resources to do better.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
TNT has one thing going for it, it is part of the Warner Family (WB, DC, CW, CN). I still am hesitant though. I think Warner is funneling a few extra $$ to its shows that are "in house", just like Disney is to AoS. What you get "out of house" is Gotham and Constantine (both good shows in their own right).

I am waiting for cast announcements to make further judgement

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell the CW is not a network I would trust with much but they are doing a pretty reasonable job with the flash and arrow with a CW budget. I have to imagine TNT has the resources to do better.
Well, between Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Cyborg the Teen Titans will be a lot heavier on the effects. I'm assuming they'll all be there.

But the stuff on Flash is pulled off really well most of the time and that's got to be the most direct comparison. So that's promising.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Im certain Warner Brothers is willing to go the extra mile with the TV budget on those shows because the DVD/BluRay/Digital sales are gonna be strong for quite some time.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
TNT gave us Babylon 5 back in the day. If they are willing to splurge on the effects like Flash it'll be all right. I do feel sad about Rebecca Romijin, though. Her previous series on TNT was shaping up to be pretty good, but it got cut and now she's in Librarians. Series might be OK if Noah Wyle dies offscreen, otherwise it will be a festering pile of shit.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Casting call sheets for the pilot are out and apparently the characters include:

Dick Greyson AKARobinAKANightwing. The pilot episode has him still going by Robin, but is post-breakup with Batman and living in Boston as a private eye.

Barbara Gordon AKAOracle. She is not referred to as Oracle in the script, but IS in a wheelchair and serves as hacker / Felicity role. This is interesting since she was never a Titan and the New 52 version of Barbara is again Batgirl and no longer in the wheelchair.

Hank Hall and Dawn Granger AKAHawkandDove. Both have been Titans although not really considered part of the core team, they do have the advantage of being relatively easy to do special effects wise and minor enough properties not tied to any other IP. Apparently they will be substantially changed from their comic book appearance, but I can easily see how you could do those two in a less costume-intensive show.

Rachel Roth AKARaven. This is the version of the character from the Geoff Johns run of Teen Titans last decade pre Infinite Crisis but otherwise our favorite empath with a Trigon tainted soul.

Starfire. The usual alien princess having just come to earth. Apparently both Starfire and Raven will only be shown at the very end of the pilot episode, but are nevertheless being cast with the intention of being series regulars if the show gets picked up.

Interesting that the cast is 4 girls and 2 guys as it currently stands. Would perhaps indicate that they are leaving themselves open to including Beast Boy or Jericho down the line. Cyborg is almost certainly not going to be used since he is now firmly associated with the Justice League and will be used as such in the movies.

Column_sl

shitlord
Theres too many DC shows right now, and only 2 are even in the same continuity.

Ugh DC

Gotham
Arrow
Flash
Supergirl (CBS)
Constantine ( Cancelled I think)
Teen Titans

We need a Crisis on infinite Earths to clean up this shit

Qhue

Trump's Staff
While the head of CBS programming indicated that Supergirl would not crossover with Arrow and the Flash reports from others at Warner Brothers have hinted that this might not be the case, or rather that certain characters and such might readily cross over even if Supergirl herself never shows up in the other two shows. Titans is still being referred to as very much in continuity with Arrow and The Flash even though Greg Berlanti is not directly involved. I think Geoff Johns REALLY likes the idea of having a shared TV universe.

Column_sl

shitlord
I can't find our Supergirl thread so just putting this here

At least shes wearing the costume, but ughhh

rrr_img_92132.jpg

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Looks like a young version of Helen Slater, not sure what look you thought she'd have. All of DC stuff has the darker costumes. I certainly didn't think they would go with the sexpot Micheal Turner version of Supergirl. Only thing would be the tights but I can see for a tv version no bare legs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The costume is pretty good I think, the face not so much from that pic.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'll wait to see the show, but I liked that girl in Whiplash, for the brief amount she was in it.

I liked the Helen Slater version back in the day, but I don't think anyone will surpass Laura Vandervoort for looks. She's just way too fucking hot, and looked good in her non-costume outfits.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I'm not familiar with her other than a quick Google search and while not exactly super hot she's not bad looking. I don'tjbow though I never thought of Supergirl as young and sexy. Only Supergirl comics I read was Peter David's run back in the day.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's Supergirl and her Project Cadmus clone Galatea. About as sexy as you could possibly get away with for the age JLA/U was aimed for.

rrr_img_92144.jpg
rrr_img_92145.png