Top Chef

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The judges are so flip floppy over whether they stress technical ability or flavor. Especially with how much all these chefs use the "keep it simple" mantra. I think flavor-wise Amar should have won.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Whole thing was kinda meh. Yeah they made some shit, with some sauces, and some stuff... show is great but the finale was missing it. I question the shows budget. When thy used to go to super beach resorts and have a huge fan fare. Now Tom is donating his place for the finale.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
After 13 seasons of Top Chef and 5 of Top Chef Masters the show has gotten into a rut and they need to find ways to revamp it some. Plus I think it's also about the personalities of the chefs and this season the cast was just boring. I mean that's the reason that shit show Hell's Kitchen is still going though. They get these shitty douchey chefs and people watch for Ramsey to bitch at them.

They need to do Topless Chef, but it's only Padma and Gail that are topless. Ratings sensation.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh it has been a good season, it is just every challenge so far has been about how terrible slavery was and how good can they cook fried chicken and collard greens. Just cook food man.

And keep showing Padma. She did a good interview on Sporkfull podcast btw.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I did laugh that Kosuji(sp?) made fried chicken and watermelon.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dude giving up his immunity and going home was retarded. It's a competition, bitch, get over it.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Dude giving up his immunity and going home was retarded. It's a competition, bitch, get over it.

I believe this is only the second time it has happened in the show. I and also believe it is the second time it has resulted in that person going home.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I believe this is only the second time it has happened in the show. I and also believe it is the second time it has resulted in that person going home.

It's the first time. In LCK they said it multiple times. There was an episode a few seasons back where they berated a guy for not giving up immunity.

Edit: I found it, from the AV Club review of the episode (A gimmicky elimination challenge and a depressing exit make this Top Chef a bummer):

Did anyone else think of the New Orleans episode when Tom, Wolfgang Puck, and Emeril Lagasse all urged Nick to sacrifice his immunity and go home because his dish was so bad? When he didn’t, it felt like a betrayal because the person who did go home (Stephanie) had made a good dish. Also, Nick was the goddamned worst. Jamie giving up and going home, on the other hand, was depressing because, according to the judges, Emily’s dish was just as bad, if not worse, than his. All I can think is that they’re setting him up for a redemption story via Last Chance Kitchen.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well it couldn't have really been worse, because then she would have gone home instead. But Tom driving the point home that her dish was ass and only stayed b/c Jaime gave up his immunity was good to see. She's completely insufferable too though.

Gave up watching LCK a few seasons ago, kind of like Exile Island in Survivor, it is just hard for me to care. You lost, go home.

Giving away is the cardinal sin of stupidity on any reality show and whoever gives in to that deserves to be voted off.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It's the first time. In LCK they said it multiple times. There was an episode a few seasons back where they berated a guy for not giving up immunity.

Edit: I found it, from the AV Club review of the episode (A gimmicky elimination challenge and a depressing exit make this Top Chef a bummer):

Did anyone else think of the New Orleans episode when Tom, Wolfgang Puck, and Emeril Lagasse all urged Nick to sacrifice his immunity and go home because his dish was so bad?

I stand corrected, I must be mixing my reality cooking shows and thinking of that episode at the same time.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Damn my girl Brooke almost got chopped today, real nail biter.

Also Padma nipples multiple times