Torchlight: Infinite

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Think you get 3 trees total, first 2 have to be from the same god/goddess or whatever.

There's a lot of people on this thing from the looks of the auction house.

From this board? Idk, ever since Blizzard acquired Asmongold people believe this is pay to win like Diablo Immortal but play that instead of this. Propaganda is a hell of a drug.

Edit: and I see Diablo 3 is still getting plays and thread bumps. Oof.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's a lot of people on this thing from the looks of the auction house.

From this board? Idk, ever since Blizzard acquired Asmongold people believe this is pay to win like Diablo Immortal but play that instead of this. Propaganda is a hell of a drug.

Edit: and I see Diablo 3 is still getting plays and thread bumps. Oof.
Popular games have subreddits full of fanart, medium size youtubers/streamers, guides on independent websites and discussion on gamefaqs.

Even the shittiest gatcha game has this. Diablo Immortal somewhat has this.

This has a couple of low quality youtube videos and a basic wiki. The discord doesn't even have a pinned build for the meta whirlwind. I noped out of Undecember when it didn't even have a wiki despite having launched months ago in Asia.

Yet the game is a ton of fun, no P2W I can see and with a VERY reboust endgame.

It's probably because the IP is weird garbage. This is the 3rd Torchlight game I've played and I've got no idea what the fuck is going on story and setting-wise.

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's probably because the IP is weird garbage. This is the 3rd Torchlight game I've played and I've got no idea what the fuck is going on story and setting-wise.
Is there any connection to the other games beyond some loose concepts of "Ember"? Torchlight was originally the name of the mining town you started in.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there any connection to the other games beyond some loose concepts of "Ember"? Torchlight was originally the name of the mining town you started in.
First game was Diablo 1, except steampunk and a mine instead of a cathedral. You fight an entity that spreads "the corruption"tm, which I think is also the act 3 endboss in this game.

The second game is Diablo 2 going into a world, I don't remember anything about it.

Then they had some failed sequels with weirder magic steampunk shit, of which this is the result?

Yeah I don't know why the first game town, Torchlight, is now some sort of machine in this game or whatever. I skipped all of the story.

Would also like to know why the girl who calls you "partner" has an enormous cameltoe on the loading screen. Did she die?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm alright with the lore. I'm sure there's enough to it if you dig or talk to/read everything from the NPCs.

I hit the dreaded lvl 80 without spending any money. No problems and still having fun.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Silly question. Anyone zoomed waaaay the fuck in? Like to the point of not being able to play the game.

aaa.jpg

Last edited:

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Probably the usual annoying unreal engine handling of mega wide. I'm at 21:9 and its moderately noticeble, but not annoying. You are even ultra plus wider no? Toss it in widowed with a "normal" aspect ratio and see if it looks better?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Probably the usual annoying unreal engine handling of mega wide. I'm at 21:9 and its moderately noticeble, but not annoying. You are even ultra plus wider no? Toss it in widowed with a "normal" aspect ratio and see if it looks better?

Yea. That did it. Thx.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started PoE late, so was hopelessly lost from the get go with all the systems and currencies and such. This game just feels better because it's "easier" to pick up. Looks different/better also IMO.

Will be interesting to see if they can come up with unique ideas for season. I just got to 66 and started Timemarks, so it's not boring to me yet.

• 2Like

Argarth

On the verandah
UW 3840 x 1600 here. I have to play in a 2560 x 1600 window or I have the same problem. Having to look at the windows desktop is putting me off too.
The super zoomed in view was really sucking the fun out, some fights and general navigating the maps was getting really tedious.

Can't see it being fixed due to the mobile heritage, but not being able to use UW properly might be a game killer for me.

EDIT:
Spoke too soon. Found a fix on Github. Cheatengine EXE, but seems ok. Release Torchlight: Infinite ultrawide and wider · RoseTheFlower/UltrawideIndex

Works, now ~ 80% zoomed out compared to the 2560 x 1600 viewport. Much nicer! Give it a try Brahma Brahma

EDIT2:
Just ran a couple of the really annoying maps when zoomed in - Rainmist Jungle and Obscured Plaza (walls) and holy shit what a difference. Also ran Thunder Wastes Watcher, and now I can see the entire platform, lol. Thank the Lord, back to UW again in all its glory! =)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Ranger and Spacetime guy in the 60s, thought I'd roll a WW Zerker to see what all the fuss is about.

Followed Tenkiei's 100% fire conversion build pretty closely. Also running two Flame Spirit Magus, hilarious, super aggressive, they stun, and sometimes bosses attack them instead.

I usually get bored pretty quickly with WW builds, never really enjoyed it in PoE or D3, regardless of how effective it is. I can honestly say they've absolutely nailed it here. So much fun, the machine--gun Leap Attack certainly has something to do with it, but everything else about the class is clicking for me too.

Just hit 85, self-found, and the only crafting I've done so far is to add energy to gear for skill slots. Not in the least bit bored with the playstyle, pretty surprised.

Really enjoying the loot hunt, power progression etc., and the only thing that bothers me a little is one very minor weapon upgrade in the last 24 levels. Probably just bad luck, but I really hope the late - late - game doesn't just turn into a grind for currency, and crafting/buying things from others like PoE. I still really like to see awesome loot drop on the floor.

Early days, having a blast, agree with Chris Chris the endgame is SUPER satisfying so far, and it seems like there is a still a ton more to unlock. Already thinking about the next build.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really enjoying the loot hunt, power progression etc., and the only thing that bothers me a little is one very minor weapon upgrade in the last 24 levels. Probably just bad luck, but I really hope the late - late - game doesn't just turn into a grind for currency, and crafting/buying things from others like PoE. I still really like to see awesome loot drop on the floor.
Definitely have a look at the market. You can only really get low-mid range gear on there, the high end stuff is super expensive and only seems to drop from endgame bosses since legendaries drop a lot and I've only ever seen one requires 80+ drop.

Try the gloves which reverse the direction of knockback.

I'm doing the ice berzerker build which has that as a talent and I'm sucking everything in and deagging frozen enemies around then screen lol.

Argarth

On the verandah
Definitely have a look at the market. You can only really get low-mid range gear on there, the high end stuff is super expensive and only seems to drop from endgame bosses since legendaries drop a lot and I've only ever seen one requires 80+ drop.

Try the gloves which reverse the direction of knockback.

I'm doing the ice berzerker build which has that as a talent and I'm sucking everything in and deagging frozen enemies around then screen lol.

I think you mean GRAVITY in the Ranger tree for the reverse knockback. I have that, or alternate with FLUKE sometimes since I nearly always have 100 Fervor up. Sheet DPS goes down with FLUKE, but the dummy DPS sometimes goes way up. Usually test it with gear upgrades. Test dummy is a great feature.

I've had a look at the market, and yeah the "affordable" gear is basically junk and worse than what I have now. I'm DW axes/swords and all the significant upgrades I've seen look crafted and pretty pricey. Probably try crafting them myself if it comes to that. Also there's only 6 or 7 end game 1H legendary swords/axes, so the options are pretty limited for now.

By the way, haven't found a single 2H weapon worth equipping. Much prefer DW for the attack speed anyway, and then there's that age-old problem of double the stat pool.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think you mean GRAVITY in the Ranger tree for the reverse knockback. I have that, or alternate with FLUKE sometimes since I nearly always have 100 Fervor up. Sheet DPS goes down with FLUKE, but the dummy DPS sometimes goes way up. Usually test it with gear upgrades. Test dummy is a great feature.

I've had a look at the market, and yeah the "affordable" gear is basically junk and worse than what I have now. I'm DW axes/swords and all the significant upgrades I've seen look crafted and pretty pricey. Probably try crafting them myself if it comes to that. Also there's only 6 or 7 end game 1H legendary swords/axes, so the options are pretty limited for now.

By the way, haven't found a single 2H weapon worth equipping. Much prefer DW for the attack speed anyway, and then there's that age-old problem of double the stat pool.
Yeah I'm using the Gravity talent. Assumed you didn't have it so getting the talent via gloves is easier.

Argarth

On the verandah
Just earned enough hero tokens for Youga Spacetime Elapse, looking forward to making a DoT build.

Wish I could turn off his dialogue without muting all the other NPCs, so much cringe. Come to think of it, really sick of Keegan telling me he's heading off for a drink.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I rerolled from Ice Lance Gemma to Whirlwind Frostbite Whirlwind Rehan.

Both can clear T7 but Rehan is just destroying everything.

Still stuck on the T7 final bosses which is making me not want to play. The difficulty spike where they can one shot you is just too much. I can learn the fights and progress, but that turns into a grind very quickly when every attempt requires you to clear 11 maps.

Anyone got any survivability tips?

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm in T7 also, and the real endgame has finally hit me in the face.
Grind currency/mats for hours on end > craft better gear > grind/craft/grind in harder maps, and try to stay ahead of the already insane prices for the handful of really useful Legos.

Knew it was coming, and it's been a REALLY fun ride, but just like PoE, once the honeymoon of leveling is over, nothing interesting ever drops, ever.
Bit of a shame, but that's the template it seems. So... when is D4 coming out?? lol.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm in T7 also, and the real endgame has finally hit me in the face.
Grind currency/mats for hours on end > craft better gear > grind/craft/grind in harder maps, and try to stay ahead of the already insane prices for the handful of really useful Legos.

Knew it was coming, and it's been a really fun ride, but just like PoE, once the honeymoon of leveling is over, nothing interesting ever drops, ever.
Bit of a shame, but that's the template it seems. So... when is D4 coming out?? lol.
What these games need is more deterministic crafting.

Let me reroll one stat without that being a one in a million drop.

When it's a tiny chance to get the crafting mat, then a tiny chance to get the right mod and a tiny chance for a high stat roll... nope.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I was really enjoying it, just arrived at the planes and out of nowhere "banned"

1667208889833.png

I didn't cheat, AHK or whatever people are doing and I have a plain gaming machine without anything on it except Steam, Origin and the Ubisoft client. So I wrote to support

Answer: Hello.The account is currently banned for 1 day due to illegal plug-in scripts, please run the game in a safe environment.

Think I am done with it. Meh, I really enjoyed it. After you get used to the design it really played quite nicely.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF