Torchlight: Infinite

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was really enjoying it, just arrived at the planes and out of nowhere "banned"

View attachment 440685

I didn't cheat, AHK or whatever people are doing and I have a plain gaming machine without anything on it except Steam, Origin and the Ubisoft client. So I wrote to support

Answer: Hello.The account is currently banned for 1 day due to illegal plug-in scripts, please run the game in a safe environment.

Think I am done with it. Meh, I really enjoyed it. After you get used to the design it really played quite nicely.
Whatever, cheater!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Molten Core Raider
The spirit pets everyone gets are actually permanent, but the robots become essentially permanent if not truly, as the duration gets longer and longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Would have picked up and played with the wife but no co-op? :( Will wait for Last Epoch, MP much closer even if it will still be beta.

bolok

Molten Core Raider
No real multiplayer at all, other than shared city instances and AH stuff. I think it's on the roadmap, but yeah- i'd assume Last epoch multi first.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m mixed feelings on this game, but also the pet class. It almost makes it not fun. All I do is keep pets up and they absolutely rape anything from distances and corners I can’t even see half the time. I’m not end game elite so not sure if this curtails at some point but it’s lol-mode right now.

as for if they are permanent, mine are not yet anyway, but yes the duration does increase with skills and talents and you get one perma-pet in addition to the golem things and spider bot

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Having not paid one red cent, im crushing the time mark 7's and bout to finish this game. No staying up ultra late on benders, no "lifing" it.

Will play this unlocked space time elapsed version of my guy next season. I wanna try out something with attacks, spells were great.

bolok

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I've spent fuck all too. Sadly i can only assume that it'll become shittier over time because there is precious little reason to spend any money here at the moment. They'll wanna make bank at some point, so unless there is a retarded amount of whaling for whaling's sake not sure how this'll shake out.

I've seen a little bit of streaming of the game. Lilly probably being the most notable- so i think if this doesn't completely shit the bed on a monetization scam- it'll slowly grow. Which honestly- is a good thing. But I dunno who the fuck is bank rolling this. So we can only hope for the best. It's fun enough, plays well, and has enough moving parts to scratch the brain. I'm working on a charged pummel build at the moment. It's a channeled melee slam. I'm in uncharted waters here- but it hits like a truck. Ultimately not sure whether the channel oriented tree or a lightning one for the 3rd talent tree. But that's exactly the kinda build options that make me interested.

edit: the cast while channeling trigger clearly wasn't designed for that skill. but It procs! and i'm enjoying the black hole sucking packs into a slam

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Just hit the the mapping phase.

This game is weird. The play is fantastic and the systems are interesting and engaging. However, I've now played for like 16 hours and I hardly have any clue wtf is going on in the story (what happened to the annoying girl? she turned into a god and then... ??) and I'm still getting crafting items and currencies that I don't know what to do with. I can't help feeling like whoever was in charge of the one-page orientation flyer just went on vacation and no one noticed. I still don't have much context for parsing the 50 different flavors of gacha stuff I could roll on.

Also, for fuck's sake, why does Edwin repeat his line every time you interact with him in any capacity.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean is the lore not there or it just starts heading in a direction we dont care about here? Cuz at the end of the day its gonna be a story about the "Torchlight" and how many fucks am I REALLY gonna give about that part? Its definitely good enough from a concept but maybe how it goes on and on? The game's got some story to go through for a while for sure. I loosely paid attention to it and nodded along, seemed ok?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I mean is the lore not there or it just starts heading in a direction we dont care about here?
I will admit that I didn't read everything with an eye for detail, but that's hardly unique to this game and for whatever reason I feel particularly disconnected here. With a gun to my head I honestly couldn't tell you the names of any of the characters at this point. Maybe it's the build? Abusing leap-slam my biggest barrier is movement speed. Even however many hours in I barely have to slow down to fight anything.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Realized I have no interest in grinding shit out and uninstalled. It was an all right game until the map farming shit.

• 2Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same for me… not sure what I want from arpg end game but Poe and this aren’t appealing to me at all. Fun game though to end game

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They just want you to vary which of the end game sections you farm, I never ran out of beacons. Good system to me.

Firm 0$ spent.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean i am barely playing this thing at all and close to fighting some kind of time traveler dude for the ending of the end game

-- there's also people playing sickoville out of their minds making insane double corroded gear

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
It was the abrupt transition from loot-hunt to "currency grinder" that ended it for me.
Even tried the crafting, and managed a couple of minor upgrades, but that stuff would always need to be a supplement to the main game for me, and I've zero interest in the market.

Around TM7 when everything (including highest iLvL) that drops is a downgrade, and can be basically ignored, there's slot-machine crafting or buying from others. At that point a switch flicked in my head and I completely lost interest in whatever comes next. Same reason I no longer play PoE. Had a great time leveling up, but done.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does this game have PoB? Otherwise, it copied PoE in all the ways except the one that actually mattered.