Torrents

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What newsgroup website have you found works best for getting movies? For TV shows, I agree, it's tits. But for movies, I feel its annoying as shit trying to find the right quality. IPT just makes it so easy.

I use NZBGeek to find stuff. It is friggin money. Well worth the cost.

For actual downloading I use Frugal for my main and Usenet.farm for block and they work very well for me.

Oh, and for managing your stuff use Radarr. It is like Sonarr but for movies. Works fantastic.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just noticed the change at IPT too. To be honest though, I was downloading the new 4K remuxes (50-80+GB per movie) and zapping them for 50 points, which is kind of a bargain. 1000 is a little steep for most files besides those, but even with such huge file sizes I'm just using up my 40'ish TB of upload credit instead now. Between that and 85k bonus points, I should be good for awhile even though I delete them immediately from my seedbox once Dropbox syncs them to my home.

I view IPT as literally just "free shit" now. Sure, if I have to I'll get stuff elsewhere, and of course I'll always use BTN for TV, but it is so easy to get bonus points and/or upload credit, why wouldn't I use and abuse them? I don't want to go somewhere like PTP, where ratio is an absolute bitch to get, and download an 80GB UHD movie. Much less the 20+ I've got so far. So I'm going to keep, and cherish, my EZ mode IPT account as long as I can. Sure, newsgroups are great too, I used them for years, but IPT is free and so fucking easy. The people that fuck up their ratio at IPT just amaze me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yea, just use public with it, I don't see anything exclusive with private, unless we're going for ultra rare books
This is a serious question, not attempting to claim IPT or other private trackers are some mythical unicorn, but are all the recent 4K remux releases showing up on public trackers too? Like for example, all the Transformers, Bourne, original Mummy trilogy, Harry Potter, Dredd, etc. have all been released in the last couple months, 50-80'ish GB worth. It feels like those would be harder to get on public trackers, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is a serious question, not attempting to claim IPT or other private trackers are some mythical unicorn, but are all the recent 4K remux releases showing up on public trackers too? Like for example, all the Transformers, Bourne, original Mummy trilogy, Harry Potter, Dredd, etc. have all been released in the last couple months, 50-80'ish GB worth. It feels like those would be harder to get on public trackers, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
at least 15pages worth (sorted by date of upload, and yes it's 4k, in the title, i didn't include a whole screenshot, cuz who knows)
e5dc1460f4e3a750732de6396baba138.png

then all you have to do is use the option
add these trackers to new downloads
google the latest/newest public tracker list (i won't post it here, just google, if you want, i could spoiler it i guess)

and you have over 100 seeds.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, no need to include specifics for me at least. Like I said, I'll just keep using IPT until it gets shut down, but I was just wondering. Thanks for the info.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what torrent software are you guys using? i just reformatted so i have to reinstall everything and i might as well get the right stuff

j00t

i can't seem to get any reliable upload speeds with qbittorent. i don't ever have problems with that so i'm not sure what's up

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
what torrent software are you guys using? i just reformatted so i have to reinstall everything and i might as well get the right stuff
Deluge has worked really well for me.

And yep, only private trackers.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I use NZBGeek to find stuff. It is friggin money. Well worth the cost.

For actual downloading I use Frugal for my main and Usenet.farm for block and they work very well for me.

Oh, and for managing your stuff use Radarr. It is like Sonarr but for movies. Works fantastic.
What's your user name on NZB Geek, so I can use you as a referral if that even does anything for you?

j00t

Deluge has worked really well for me.

And yep, only private trackers.

i tried qbittorent again and i just cannot get any uploads... no matter what i mess with it just won't do anything. i switched to deluge this morning and it's been up and running perfectly right out of the box.