Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Warhammer 1 is on sale for $20 for anyone who is waiting.

So much fucking content in this game. It always feels like there are a few campaigns I want to start after the one I’m on and I really haven’t touched tomb kings yet. I just finished a legendary chaos and WE campaign. Started a dwarf campaign and loving it. Spent the first 65 turns confined to my starting province getting punished every time I tried to leave until I got walls everywhere.

I’m gonna start Bretonian campaign next and see how the buffs were. I hope CA revisit Empire, green skins, and beastmen. They seem really stale right now.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Warhammer 1 is on sale for $20 for anyone who is waiting.

So much fucking content in this game. It always feels like there are a few campaigns I want to start after the one I’m on and I really haven’t touched tomb kings yet. I just finished a legendary chaos and WE campaign. Started a dwarf campaign and loving it. Spent the first 65 turns confined to my starting province getting punished every time I tried to leave until I got walls everywhere.

I’m gonna start Bretonian campaign next and see how the buffs were. I hope CA revisit Empire, green skins, and beastmen. They seem really stale right now.

dwarfs are so fucking gross because it takes so much to break them and stay broken.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's potentially some free DLCs in this year's Make War Not Love event thing from SEGA. If you go to SEGA Make War Not Love 5 and link your steam account and provide a valid email, assuming the playtime numbers are hit, you get The Grim and the Grave DLC on Day1 and Blood DLC on Day3. These are applied directly to your steam account. Not huge but it's free and all it requires is to get some email spam shit for a few days until you unsubscribe(email can be throwaway not linked to steam too, but you do need to confirm it). You don't have to actively participate to get the rewards based on what they're saying in the rules, although you could leave one of the games running(both Warhammer, Endless Space 2, CoH2 and DoW3 are the games that count).

Also comes with 2 Genesis games right away for free, although that's not particularily great apparently versus just downloading an emulator but eh, free shit is free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I started a VH Avelorn campaign and lucked out and got the trait incendiary on my starting handmaiden which is just ridiculous on a melee hero. It’s like +50 charge, +10 MD, +10 MA, and + 50% weapon strength. I saw that trait on caster hero before but never on a melee hero. I put a crafted relic on her that gives regen and she is unstoppable. Wish I would have started it in legendary. Hopefully I can give her the sword of Kaine and shelll have something like 110 Melee attack and 1200 weapon strength.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
i used to play tabletop, way back, i think it was 4th edition

playing chaos, i had an unbreakable general in a unit of 11 chaos knights, the general had a 4+ save roll (on 2 D6) against str 3 hits (basically immune to melee from humans and bows) and after that an unmodifiable 4+ save (on 1 D6) against any kind of hit

he got shot by a doomdiver, spot on since everyone knew the table size perfectly, died after failing every save & receiving 6 wounds, the unit of knights broke, after I rolled 11 on 2D6, requiring a 10 not to break, and speedy as they were, ran off the battlefield in the same turn, this was turn 1

never forget

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My buddy and I were playing I think second edition back in the 90s as teens. Back when you could take regular troops and make them hero's. He had a whole squad of Beastman Hero's. It was his entire point buy in this big battle we were in. He rolled up with a squad of Ultramarines or something and the Beastmen hero's annihilated them. I remember him freaking out when he found out they were hero's, he said "They are beastmen I thought they were going to just jump out and go grrrr!"

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Total War: WARHAMMER II

Just bought this on steam. A whim really. I saw it in popular games and went for it.

Hopefully breaks me out of my gaming funk.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some news, not too surprisingly, the next race pack for TW:W2 is the Vampire Coast army. It seems they actually made a full army, at least with a bunch of unique units that I don't think existed in the tabletop version. Looks pretty damn cool.

Also seems to add what the naval battle mod did, so instead of autoresolving everything, you can take a battle on a nearby island instead(or a black ark if fighting with/against Dark Elves obv). This lets you do naval battles the normal way, it's not perfect since you can't really do ship related shit, but it should be "good enough" to not feel like shit when the AI autoresolves their stack of spearmen and annihilate half of you tier 3+army.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't looking forward to having yet more vampires, but I have to admit, that looked good.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Looks great but I’m really starting to get pissed over the lack of bug fixes(fix the fucking blessed spawning bug) and the beast-men, greenskins, and to a lesser extent empire and Bretonia need a fucking overhaul years ago. VC, chaos, empire, and greenskins all need a tech tree update. They need to update shit without it being linked to DLC content and fix fucking bugs before reddit has to go into full on pitchfork mode to get them to do so.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They are updating VC in the same patch, skill tree and mechanics. They're also adding a free DLC in that patch, although it'll be TW:W2 stuff, new lord for something not sure what, maybe Malus maybe Lizard.

They should definitely patch more often but eh.

I assume Greenskins and Empire will get fixed in the next shit and MAYBE Chaos will get changes when TW:W3 releases but don't know.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think they talked about the only patching alongside updates thing in a Q&A a while ago, and said they do it to provide a more stable platform for development; essentially trying to avoid what happened when they were adding Norsca to TWW2, so I wouldn't expect that to change.

But yeah, they are gradually updating the original races more to the level of the TWW2 races (Dwarfs last time, and now Vampires), so I guess it's just a matter of time until they get to the rest.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
dwarfs are so fucking gross because it takes so much to break them and stay broken.

Every time I thought ok they're broken and doomed, leave em be - they fully rebuilt and made me pay.

Being a vampire count and not wanting to chase them super deep had everything to do with it a few times.

• 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
They are fun. The real bonus for this dlc in my opinion was original VCs getting the bloodline skill trees and overall upgrades.

Oh and reinforcements come from the right direction now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They are fun. The real bonus for this dlc in my opinion was original VCs getting the bloodline skill trees and overall upgrades.

Oh and reinforcements come from the right direction now.
For real though? Because I swear they "fixed" that in every patch since the release of TW:W2.

Anyway I don't feel like playing TW atm so haven't checked. Supposedly has some nice lore teaser about TW:W3 and otherwise looks pretty fun, bunch of new mechanics and their armies look fun to play, plus yeah VC rework if you want to replay these.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Right now on Steam both Total War Warhammer I & II are on sale. Is there any reason to buy Total War Warhammer I? Or should I just get II and play that only?