Twitch.tv

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For you scientists in here.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The sad part is I wouldn't be shocked if this was actually a real thing.

My son (14) watches a lot of video game streamers on Twitch.tv. I personally don't find them entertaining but I can understand why some people (like my son) do. Over the past month he's starting using terms like "pog", "jabaited", and "Kappa" which I guess are terms that are used in the scope of Twitch.

I don't have an issue with my son using these terms but it's gotten to the point where every sentence is Twitchspeak. We were having dinner and my daughter (age 12) was talking about how she got accepted for a summer program with the local animal shelter, and my son said "Pog you, easy clap". I told him that it was getting out of hand and that he would have to communicate normally to his parents and family. To that he said "Weird champ, feels weird man, normies omega LOL." Until he learns to communicate like a normal human being I've blacklisted Twitch from the internet for the time being. He's hysterical now but I told him that I would unblacklist it if he stopped using twitchspeak, but he's refusing to stop so for now it's banned. AITA?

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Seems a bit extreme but there are some kids at my son's school that do use a lot of video game speak. Drives me crazy. Then again, kids that age are usually annoying anyways so if it isn't some weird speech it will probably be something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
My 9 year old nephew was over this week and he was saying shit like "op" and "cringey". Just took me by surprise.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Congrats...you're now officially old people. "Fucking kids and their l33t speak!!!!"

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah heaven forbid they pick up ebonics either.

My 5yo is picking it up too, btw. I think it's funny because I'm like, "I was there when those words were formed, you can't speak them until you first understand their history, the culture."

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The first thing you guys should be doing is telling them how fucking gay that is. When I was in school if you used leet speak you were outcast

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Congrats...you're now officially old people. "Fucking kids and their l33t speak!!!!"

I am not even 40 yet but I know damn well I am an old person. So many things this day in age boggle my fucking mind and that's not even talking about political things. Twitch still amazes me in both good and bad ways. Part of me still doesn't understand why you would watch someone play video games, then again that is even how pewdiepie started on YouTube. Then the next step not only do they watch these retard born ultra stupids throw cash at these people just to hear their name. Then you get to the cesspool that is twitch chat, that shit is filled with so much unrefined weapon grade autism that it really should be labeled a disease. Shit blazes by so fast in room for 30k retards I don't know anyone could read that shit, yet they keep spamming the most inane toxic dipshittery. Yet these kids are making millions a year to do shit we have done our whole lives for free.

I don't even get 1/2 the twitch chat shit and don't even want to but it extends beyond that I ran across this Old Town Road shit today which I guess is the number 1 song in the world I'd never even heard of and it's some tik-tok meme bullshit just like that hit or miss garbage. Many days I feel like Idiocracy really is our future.

9o5z.gif

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am not even 40 yet but I know damn well I am an old person. So many things this day in age boggle my fucking mind and that's not even talking about political things. Twitch still amazes me in both good and bad ways. Part of me still doesn't understand why you would watch someone play video games, then again that is even how pewdiepie started on YouTube. Then the next step not only do they watch these retard born ultra stupids throw cash at these people just to hear their name. Then you get to the cesspool that is twitch chat, that shit is filled with so much unrefined weapon grade autism that it really should be labeled a disease. Shit blazes by so fast in room for 30k retards I don't know anyone could read that shit, yet they keep spamming the most inane toxic dipshittery. Yet these kids are making millions a year to do shit we have done our whole lives for free.

I don't even get 1/2 the twitch chat shit and don't even want to but it extends beyond that I ran across this Old Town Road shit today which I guess is the number 1 song in the world I'd never even heard of and it's some tik-tok meme bullshit just like that hit or miss garbage. Many days I feel like Idiocracy really is our future.

9o5z.gif
Think back to when it started. In my youth it was real world and road rules. I'm talking early seasons. We were watching people live together (remember when they had to get jobs?). How exciting.

The modern streamer is just a child of that genre, just the media changed. The psychological reasons people toss money at streamers I've never figured out. Subs are cool I guess if you watch someone a lot, but donations are super weird.

We're turning guys with no life skills into millionaires.

As for not understanding watching. I find that watching people that are skilled at games incredible. Speedruns are my jam. Essentially I watch stuff I can't do

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I still think Twitch is the worst thing to happen to social media. I would rather watch a friend play a game and be shit at it for free instead of watching some neckbeard retard saying shit just to fill the air.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The sad part is I wouldn't be shocked if this was actually a real thing.

My son (14) watches a lot of video game streamers on Twitch.tv. I personally don't find them entertaining but I can understand why some people (like my son) do. Over the past month he's starting using terms like "pog", "jabaited", and "Kappa" which I guess are terms that are used in the scope of Twitch.

I don't have an issue with my son using these terms but it's gotten to the point where every sentence is Twitchspeak. We were having dinner and my daughter (age 12) was talking about how she got accepted for a summer program with the local animal shelter, and my son said "Pog you, easy clap". I told him that it was getting out of hand and that he would have to communicate normally to his parents and family. To that he said "Weird champ, feels weird man, normies omega LOL." Until he learns to communicate like a normal human being I've blacklisted Twitch from the internet for the time being. He's hysterical now but I told him that I would unblacklist it if he stopped using twitchspeak, but he's refusing to stop so for now it's banned. AITA?

great example of a sane parent

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
You guys follow shitty channel for kids and/or retards. That's why you don't understand the chat or wondering what the fuck you're watching.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
That Norwegian pole dancer is getting a massage live on Twitch now...

goishen

Macho Ma'am
pokimane doesn't even know what a troll is, and that a troll can actually be good for you.

You know, for as comely as she is, she's a fucking moron.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That Norwegian pole dancer is getting a massage live on Twitch now...

I was curious and was going to watch the vod, but you have to be a sub to watch her vods lol.

What exactly is a Thai Massage? Is it different than a normal massage in some way?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Eh? I don't have a sub to her and I could watch it.

Edit: oh, for the VOD, yeah I caught it live. Not much to see to be honest, but still, one has to wonder just how much it was streaching the Twitch ToS.