Twitch.tv

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I watched Ninja for the first time yesterday. Played two Battle Royal's, got two wins. Fuck Fortnite, but he is ridiculously good at that shit.

He is pretty damn good at it, but given how much he plays it would be a shame if it wasn't. The skill is worth watching his hyper spastic persona though I can't handle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
He's good but has been passed in skill by so many, he barely makes top 30 in tournaments now. Understandable as he's raking it in streaming.

I don't find him as cringe or spastic as a lot of other fortnite streamers though. Tim annoys me as he rides ninjas coattails in everything.

Tfue is really good and doesn't spaz out, but can be a boring watch at times

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
He's good but has been passed in skill by so many, he barely makes top 30 in tournaments now. Understandable as he's raking it in streaming.

I don't find him as cringe or spastic as a lot of other fortnite streamers though. Tim annoys me as he rides ninjas coattails in everything.

Tfue is really good and doesn't spaz out, but can be a boring watch at times

Unpopular opinion but Fortnight is truly a shit ass game, I feel like they need to have some skill ranking in the game. As it is right now you can hop in a game and end up going against the top rated players in the world at random, and of course they are going to shit on them.

It might be fun to pair up LeBron James against a disabled 8 year old with Down syndrome for the lulz but that shit would get old real fast. It’s no different with fortnight.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Unpopular opinion but Fortnight is truly a shit ass game, I feel like they need to have some skill ranking in the game. As it is right now you can hop in a game and end up going against the top rated players in the world at random, and of course they are going to shit on them.

It might be fun to pair up LeBron James against a disabled 8 year old with Down syndrome for the lulz but that shit would get old real fast. It’s no different with fortnight.

My money would be on the disabled 8 yo.

• 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Truth. Which is why I normally don't watch Squad streams, because 4 pro-dudes are going to stomp any lobby.
If I see Ninja doing solos I sometimes watch. There are a lot of very skilled players in almost every game. Sure, he still wins a ton (25% in solos according to stats), but still loses 75% of the time.

But with FortNite I mainly tune into the Tournament streams now. Ninja often looks terrible in Tournaments. Tfue is really skilled though, winning 1st in some recent events.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
pertty sure ninja is the reason summit is constantly having mental and health breakdowns

if I remember it right, summit essentially spotlighted ninja in the h1z1 days, ninja had been streaming before that of course and had always been a top tier fps player, but was a smallish basement streamer until summit propelled him by bringing him into his h1z1 crew, then fortnight came out and the rest was history

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
pertty sure ninja is the reason summit is constantly having mental and health breakdowns

if I remember it right, summit essentially spotlighted ninja in the h1z1 days, ninja had been streaming before that of course and had always been a top tier fps player, but was a smallish basement streamer until summit propelled him by bringing him into his h1z1 crew, then fortnight came out and the rest was history

Ninja was the only "good" FortNite streamer 1 year ago. The rest of the top streams were variety dudes that have since moved on. Ninja even "threatened" to go back to PUBG if his channel didn't get supported, due to viewership being worse.

Myth is another early superstar only because he was good for the time, and he came from Paragon (now shelved by Epic). Basically if you were top 0.01% a year ago and you streamed, you were likely to make it big... but many top streamers just bashed the game instead.

I'm sure watching Ninja become a superstar is causing him some mental breakdowns though, maybe if he played the game instead of bashing it he could be where Ninja's at (doubtful). Ninja just happened to be the only dude willing to put in the time to what would become the #1 game this decade. And he has made some smart decisions catering to the younger gen.

Summit was never going to be a family friendly stream.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not the biggest Ninja fan but I'll give the guy credit. From a business perspective he has monetized his popularity to the point where he has broken beyond the gaming/twitch realm. I'm trying to think of another pro gamer that became as mainstream as he has (there may be one I dunno). That Fortnite session he did with Drake really catapulted him and he's built on that.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Going Full-Cuck with the pink, green, and blue hair?

Maybe you know, or don't, but I meant that he stopped swearing on stream early 2018.

I'm not the biggest Ninja fan but I'll give the guy credit. From a business perspective he has monetized his popularity to the point where he has broken beyond the gaming/twitch realm. I'm trying to think of another pro gamer that became as mainstream as he has (there may be one I dunno). That Fortnite session he did with Drake really catapulted him and he's built on that.

Before Ninja the only other really big guy I can think of is Fatal1ty since he seemed to have his name on everything at the time.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm not a Ninja fan, simply because he's a fucking dick.

"I'm getting you banned... Because you have a lower ping than me!"

wat?lol

Until you actually are banned, because you have a lower ping than him.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a Ninja fan, simply because he's a fucking dick.

"I'm getting you banned... Because you have a lower ping than me!"

wat?lol

Until you actually are banned, because you have a lower ping than him.

Yea honestly he is a dick and the fame has gone straight to his head. I don't know about ping, I think he was joking there, but he reports people for Stream Sniping constantly.
I also don't know how Epic could cave and actually ban people for stream sniping. I guess as Twitch becomes an ever bigger marketing tool you're going to see more and more companies protecting their streamers/content creators.

spronk

FPS noob
its pretty easy for fortnite/pubg/etc to ban snipers, the people who do it constantly join a lobby and exit if they don't see it sync with the twitch stream. you catch someone jumping lobbies hundreds of times in an hour (without participating) and only stay when they catch their target and its a trivial catch/ban. Battle Royale games make it super easy to catch em, its much harder in something like Fallout 76 or MMOs etc but its also infinitely harder to stream snipe in those kinda games.

I think people like ninja also tend to have a stream delay of like 1-2 mins so its much harder to (consistently) connect to the lobbies they are playing in.

This is not a case of some dude happening to notice "whoah i'm in a BR game with ninja, lemme go hunt him down and kill him" - that happens - but there are thousands of people who actively try to get onto the same game ALL the time of their favorite streamer and those people are essentially digital stalkers and just as nuts as any hollywood ones

fortnite has definitely raised the levels of a lot of people. I followed nickmercs for years, he was a medium time Call of Duty streamer with 4-10k viewers and that dipped hard as COD became uncool, he was down to like 2-3k viewers for a few years but he's blown up hard since fortnite. which is crazy, he is definitely not a good FPS player - he plays with a controller on PC lol - but he is entertaining and funny in a "swole bro" frat boy way

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
its pretty easy for fortnite/pubg/etc to ban snipers, the people who do it constantly join a lobby and exit if they don't see it sync with the twitch stream. you catch someone jumping lobbies hundreds of times in an hour (without participating) and only stay when they catch their target and its a trivial catch/ban. Battle Royale games make it super easy to catch em, its much harder in something like Fallout 76 or MMOs etc but its also infinitely harder to stream snipe in those kinda games.

I think people like ninja also tend to have a stream delay of like 1-2 mins so its much harder to (consistently) connect to the lobbies they are playing in.

This is not a case of some dude happening to notice "whoah i'm in a BR game with ninja, lemme go hunt him down and kill him" - that happens - but there are thousands of people who actively try to get onto the same game ALL the time of their favorite streamer and those people are essentially digital stalkers and just as nuts as any hollywood ones

fortnite has definitely raised the levels of a lot of people. I followed nickmercs for years, he was a medium time Call of Duty streamer with 4-10k viewers and that dipped hard as COD became uncool, he was down to like 2-3k viewers for a few years but he's blown up hard since fortnite. which is crazy, he is definitely not a good FPS player - he plays with a controller on PC lol - but he is entertaining and funny in a "swole bro" frat boy way
My point is that I don't know when it became a bannable offence, I watched LoL streams for years and it was always up to the streamer to deal with snipers.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>