Twitch.tv

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Why wouldn't you pitch Prime to your viewers? That would be a pretty dumb move not to do it.

Was speaking specifically to these streamers arguments. Lirik usually cringes when people dono the twitch prime sellout prompt and shit talks, but seeing 55k watching he suddenly doesn't find it cringy.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Please remember that they are 10+ years younger. Its just like watching tv now for us, pure crap but the stars shine through.

Violence, Speed and Momentum.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I watch Summit all the time. He called these dude sell-outs and he's mostly right. He also said he's still a sell-out because he does sponsored stuff. He's right on that as well. It's basically pick which kind of sell out you want to be. The corporate bitch sell out or the hustle sell out. Right now Summit is more corporate, but he's hustling too. He brought a dead game (SoT) back to everyone and he bumped his 17kish subs to 21k by just constantly streaming it. He's grinding that shit out but if you follow his twitter you can see him "taking a day off" way too much. He used to be a 6-7 day a week streamer, fucking 10+ hours. That's when he hit like 28k. But Ninja, but more importantly SHROUD, just took all the wind out of his sails. What really pisses him off is he thinks Shroud isn't that much better than him at these games (which honestly, he may not be. He's really good, but in pure FPS Summit is actually really good too.) He gets that Ninja just snowballed from Fortnites shit, but Shroud played the same games as Summit at a slightly higher level and made twice his followage in 1/5 of Summits time. Crazy. I blame kids.

That said, God Gamer and model streamer MoonMoon is better than them all for never doing sponsored shit, never running ads, never taking sponsors, and running tourneys and gifting subs for his followers constantly.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
That said, God Gamer and model streamer MoonMoon is better than them all for never doing sponsored shit, never running ads, never taking sponsors, and running tourneys and gifting subs for his followers constantly.

This is true.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Was speaking specifically to these streamers arguments. Lirik usually cringes when people dono the twitch prime sellout prompt and shit talks, but seeing 55k watching he suddenly doesn't find it cringy.

Liriks got on board pitching twitch prime 6 or so months ago when he realized he was being a retard with his silly stance against it.

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watch Summit all the time. He called these dude sell-outs and he's mostly right. He also said he's still a sell-out because he does sponsored stuff. He's right on that as well. It's basically pick which kind of sell out you want to be. The corporate bitch sell out or the hustle sell out. Right now Summit is more corporate, but he's hustling too. He brought a dead game (SoT) back to everyone and he bumped his 17kish subs to 21k by just constantly streaming it. He's grinding that shit out but if you follow his twitter you can see him "taking a day off" way too much. He used to be a 6-7 day a week streamer, fucking 10+ hours. That's when he hit like 28k. But Ninja, but more importantly SHROUD, just took all the wind out of his sails. What really pisses him off is he thinks Shroud isn't that much better than him at these games (which honestly, he may not be. He's really good, but in pure FPS Summit is actually really good too.) He gets that Ninja just snowballed from Fortnites shit, but Shroud played the same games as Summit at a slightly higher level and made twice his followage in 1/5 of Summits time. Crazy. I blame kids.

I love moonmoon to death, but if someone wants to give him money for a game he was going to play anyways he should be taking it, imho.

His discord is the most active discord out of any streamers discord I'm a part of and a lot of is because he pays people to run shit. I know he pays at least a couple people to DM D&D games on his discord. He could take that money and pump it into his discord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

The whole sellout topic is dumb. Sellout is a word made up by jealious losers who don’t do as well as who they’re flinging the supposed insult at. To me it’s analagous to success if you can ‘sellout’ in the first place.

It all goes back to a quote i always say but forgot the source: Comparison is the thief of joy. At least when it comes to a lot of the twitch salt.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I love moonmoon to death, but if someone wants to give him money for a game he was going to play anyways he should be taking it, imho. His discord is the most active discord out of any streamers discord I'm a part of and a lot of is because he pays people to run shit. I know he pays at least a couple people to DM D&D games on his discord.

Wouldn't surprise me if he does in the future. I remember hearing him talk about it making sense, being better to take money from greedy corporations over his viewers.

Fadaar

That guy

I believe the great Maynard said it best "I sold out long before you ever heard my name"

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Selling out implies doing something that goes against what you believe in morally. So if shilling out you're viewers to Devs on bad games, playing ads every 15 minutes, begging for more money or charging 33 cents per second for sharing a video is within your moral compass then technically you aren't a sellout. I'd like to think that if I had over a million dollar annual salary without having to do all that I would, then again I am poor so what do I know. Especially since the kids don't seem to mind. Imagine working an hour at your job to show your favorite streamer a 5 minute anime meme video on youtube.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I couldn’t believe how much money Sodapoppin made in donations for YouTube video plays the other weekend. It was like 12k just so stupid shit could play on his stream.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I couldn’t believe how much money Sodapoppin made in donations for YouTube video plays the other weekend. It was like 12k just so stupid shit could play on his stream.

I think I've seen Asmongold do the same thing; donate to play a video for X seconds that had some timer attached? not really sure of the specifics. But either way, must be pretty sweet to have people pay you to play videos lol.

• 2Like

Araxen

It's pretty nuts what people will donate to have their youtube played on a stream.

• 2Like

Fenriz

Molten Core Raider
While I watch his stream from time to time Summit is a fucking idiot. He's bashing Lirik but his IRL buddy ScamOG (JoshOG) is doing the same shit and says "I can't call out an IRL friend."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

It's 10pm and Lirik is playing Chess. He is definitely trying to piss Summit off even more. lol

• 3Worf

Araxen

Shroud was watching Lirik's stream. The Circle of Twitch Life.

Here is the thing Summit wants so bad to play with Lirik on stream, but Lirik won't do it. Prolly because of the Scamaz CS shit. Lirik doesn't care for drama so Summit is SOL. Lirik has played with Shroud and not him. It literally eats Summit up.

Who knew Lirik was the center of the Twitch Universe when you have fucking Ninja going on Ellen and Jimmy Fallon. Summit is good enough to beat ass in Fornite just suck up to Ninja.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ninja going on Ellen and Jimmy Fallon.

It's always so awkward watching these soulless pieces of sell out shit trying to interview people about video games. Also I feel like Ninja is a much bigger piece of shit then people give him credit for.

• 3Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Who knew Lirik was the center of the Twitch Universe when you have fucking Ninja going on Ellen and Jimmy Fallon. Summit is good enough to beat ass in Fornite just suck up to Ninja.

lirik is the definition of twitch OG

• 2Like