Uncomfortable Situations

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Why is there an assumption that one is an introverted ingrate because they don't want to perform an odd task for their parent? We have not all had the same parent-child experiences.
I was ...am...fortunate to have a healthy relationship with mine and would agree to almost any task my parents would ask. That being said my experience is based on the knowledge that my parents would not want to put me out in any way in the first place, so I would trust they had a good reason to ask me.

Consideration is a two way street.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, people are confusing introvert and conflict-averse personalities.

The clearest way to define introvert and extrovert is that introverts prefer low stimulus environments and extroverts prefer high stimulus environments.

Its NOT about being shy vs outgoing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Don’t be an asshole, it’s a favor for your Mom. Grow the fuck up and act like a man she can be proud of.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd rather be mom's taxi service than Mom's computer repair service

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Introvert can force themselves to do extrovert things, by the power of greyskull. Extroverts shut down being alone.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was out at a bar last night with a friend and we had a pretty uncomfortable situation. These two Australian girls stopped us on the street as we were walking between bars, and asked what we were doing. We ended up going to a bar together. There was a chubby older one and a better looking thinner slightly older one. Think of it like a younger Kristen Wiig & an older/less attractive Jillian Bell.

So we're at the bar hitting it off. I figured my friend was going to end the night with the better looking one sucking his dick. But then the fat one starts asking about what kind of cars we drive.
My answer was simple. It's a 2009 VW wagon that I bought used for $7k and I've been slowly fixing it up and making it work brand new again.
He, on the other hand, doesn't drive. He's all about Uber, but we never spoke about why he doesn't drive.

She starts pushing him.
Him - I don't drive.
Her - How do you get where you're going?
Him - Uber
Her - Why don't you own a car?
Him - I don't want one.
Her - Why the fuck not? Who doesn't like cars?
Him - I don't know. Me?
Her - You really don't have a car? Who the fuck doesn't own a car?
Him - Why is this so important to you?
Her - I just think you're fucking weird for not owning a car and not telling me why you won't own one.
Him - You're making me uncomfortable now." (he was trying to throw her off).

Suddenly the fat one turns to the better looking one and says "Ok, that was fun. We're out of here."

Really strange who you meet walking the streets in Waikiki.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So why is is your friend afraid to drive ya fucking weirdo?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't think he's afraid. I think he just doesn't need to. City life and uber exists. So easy that way, and you don't need car payments.

Ok, I told my friend about this post. He's a lurker on the board, and he wanted me to tell the truth. It isn't cars. It's working. He's independently wealthy for whatever reason (he doesn't discus how he has money).
We met these girls less than 30 minutes earlier, and the fat one was drilling him on why he doesn't have to work. She asked what we did for a living, and I said that I was in real estate. And he said "nothing." So she was wondering why, and he said that he doesn't have to work. So she kept pushing, and he doesn't feel like answering why. He's shy like that. Plus, I suspect he used to handle child prostitution in another country.

iannis

Musty Nester
Them bitches just sound drunk and dumb.

I mean what kind of conversation is that? How much money do you make? What kind of car do you drive?

REALLY?

Brother, whores are cheaper.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I was out at a bar last night with a friend and we had a pretty uncomfortable situation. These two Australian girls stopped us on the street as we were walking between bars, and asked what we were doing. We ended up going to a bar together. There was a chubby older one and a better looking thinner slightly older one. Think of it like a younger Kristen Wiig & an older/less attractive Jillian Bell.

So we're at the bar hitting it off. I figured my friend was going to end the night with the better looking one sucking his dick. But then the fat one starts asking about what kind of cars we drive.
My answer was simple. It's a 2009 VW wagon that I bought used for $7k and I've been slowly fixing it up and making it work brand new again.
He, on the other hand, doesn't drive. He's all about Uber, but we never spoke about why he doesn't drive.

She starts pushing him.
Him - I don't drive.
Her - How do you get where you're going?
Him - Uber
Her - Why don't you own a car?
Him - I don't want one.
Her - Why the fuck not? Who doesn't like cars?
Him - I don't know. Me?
Her - You really don't have a car? Who the fuck doesn't own a car?
Him - Why is this so important to you?
Her - I just think you're fucking weird for not owning a car and not telling me why you won't own one.
Him - You're making me uncomfortable now." (he was trying to throw her off).

Suddenly the fat one turns to the better looking one and says "Ok, that was fun. We're out of here."

Really strange who you meet walking the streets in Waikiki.

Not having a car to an Australian is really fucking weird. Country is so big, and so sparsely populated, and getting your car is seen as a rite of passage. That being said, stupid drunk chicks will be stupid etc.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not having a car and (this is the important bit) being evasive when asked why not sets off all sorts of alarm bells.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I think asking a stranger (or almost anyone really) what car they drive/own is odd. If people want to share that info, o. k., but I don't gaf typically.
I live in a remote area that has extremely limited transportation options and it would not even occur to me to ask a city dwelling stranger...on a motherfucking island...about their car. Unless, of course, it was for a strange scavenger hunt and there was money or liquor as a prize, then perhaps I would.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
There is still confusion. The sheila was never hounding him about a car - that was a cover story. She was really hounding him about why he does not have to work.

Your friend should at least come up with a story (true or not). Hell, he could just tell people he works from home doing customer service, bet he doesn't get interrogated over that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I used to lie and tell people I sold vacuums door to door. Had a whole spiel about how great Dysons were etc etc etc. Shit, forgot before that I told ppl I sold shoes, and I think a few I told I sold encyclopedia Britannicas.

Like the other guy said, just make up some insanely boring shit, get drunk, and start adding stupid ass facts to it.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno, I'm torn on this one.

On the one hand, making someone take a taxi or shuttle from the airport is a huge dick move. Thats what people who dont know anyone in the city they just landed in have to do. If a friend or family member lands at your airport and you make them take a taxi, youre a dick.

Fuck no, unless the person is young, old or hasn't traveled internationally (or if you live in some fucked up place) expecting people to get in the general vicinity is the norm. Why would you inflict a multi-hour trip on someone to pick your cheap/lazy ass up?

Except everyone one of you fags who had terrible families growing up chimed in about how you wouldn't even pick up a parent.

Also, OP sounds like a whiny faggot. 32 and my mom does even get me...such an angsty teen still

Its something a lot of people would complain about - personally I don't like collectables, or bits & pieces, yet my mother buys me random star wars garbage (didn't even see the movies until late teens), and brings typical crap from trips for me. I didn't want a glass/shirt with a place I went on it, why would I want one for somewhere someone else went.

That said, I can put this crap in a drawer and eventually get rid of it - its pretty different if your family is actually forcing you into shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol, try picking someone up from a shit hole major city airport like Newark, and you'll GLADLY, pay for the 30$ Uber.

Why? Cuz if you park there for 1hr, it's already 15bucks... And unless you know how, it's epic levels of difficult picking someone up from the curb ( you have to park in the median 1mile away)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Newark sucks. Then again, PHL is a horrible airport also. They just force you to drive laps until people show up. It fucking blows.