Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 4 ends March 31

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Adding mine. Likely all I’ll get to this month.

6C6AFB29-C23D-41F8-A4A3-19C38E60529B.png

489682FA-3826-4222-894C-31CBD9D4C698.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I predicted it at the beginning of the month: Elden Ring is gonna dominate people's gametime this month. It accounts for half of my 100 score

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I predicted it at the beginning of the month: Elden Ring is gonna dominate people's gametime this month. It accounts for half of my 100 score
Noice

soon we will have the random off and I hope I Kurgan dat ass!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I've been interested in checking off all the CoD single-player campaigns for a while.

I've done:
-Ghosts
-Advanced Warfare
-Infinite Warfare
-WW2
-Cold War
-Vanguard

I'm missing:
-Modern Warfare 1-3
-Black Ops (whichever ones have campaigns...1-3?)
-Modern Warfare 2019 (this one is out because it flat-out doesn't work on PS5)

If they released like remastered trilogies of MW and BO I'd get them immediately.

Our lists are basically inverted, I hopped off the CoD train right around the time you jumped on. I did return for WW2 Multiplayer, but didn't put anywhere near the time into it like I did Black Ops 2 multi. Didn't help that was around the time all the loot box shit started.

Ghosts is likely the next one I'll tackle. I remember it catching a lot of flak at the time but seems to be looked back upon differently now

I’ve played them all since COD 1

MW 1-3 are great. I’d suggest just playing MW1-2 remastered.

MW 2019 is also great

those are the best single played campaigns (only black ops 1 compares)

Seconded, I would even elevate Black Ops 1 to great status.
What would you say is your favourite campaign of the ones you've done Rajaah Rajaah ?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Our lists are basically inverted, I hopped off the CoD train right around the time you jumped on. I did return for WW2 Multiplayer, but didn't put anywhere near the time into it like I did Black Ops 2 multi. Didn't help that was around the time all the loot box shit started.

Ghosts is likely the next one I'll tackle. I remember it catching a lot of flak at the time but seems to be looked back upon differently now

Seconded, I would even elevate Black Ops 1 to great status.
What would you say is your favourite campaign of the ones you've done Rajaah Rajaah ?

Definitely WW2 because of the historical component of doing battles that really happened. They had good attention to detail in terms of what weapons were used when (like you'll see more modern machine guns in 1945 battles and mostly older rifles in 1941 battles).

Advanced Warfare is #2 because it was the first one I played and I liked the near-future setting. Kevin Spacey was a good villain (this was before the sight of him made people's skin crawl).

Ghosts and Cold War were both decent but nothing great (Cold War makes great use of the PS5 controller's vibration though).

Infinite Warfare and Vanguard were definitely the most forgettable of the lot, even though IW has levels in space which I should love.

I'm gonna look into the MW/Black Ops games...what's the best way to play them on console at this point?
MW1 and 2 - Remasters on PS4
MW3 - Original version on PS3
BO3 - PS4
BO1 and 2 - PS3? Did any of these get a remaster?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Definitely WW2 because of the historical component of doing battles that really happened. They had good attention to detail in terms of what weapons were used when (like you'll see more modern machine guns in 1945 battles and mostly older rifles in 1941 battles).

Advanced Warfare is #2 because it was the first one I played and I liked the near-future setting. Kevin Spacey was a good villain (this was before the sight of him made people's skin crawl).

Ghosts and Cold War were both decent but nothing great (Cold War makes great use of the PS5 controller's vibration though).

Infinite Warfare and Vanguard were definitely the most forgettable of the lot, even though IW has levels in space which I should love.

I'm gonna look into the MW/Black Ops games...what's the best way to play them on console at this point?
MW1 and 2 - Remasters on PS4
MW3 - Original version on PS3
BO3 - PS4
BO1 and 2 - PS3? Did any of these get a remaster?
No remaster save MW1 and MW2 which are easily imo the best campaigns.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’ve played a number of Battlefield and CoD campaigns but the only one I remember at all is the one with Kevin Spacey and it started the whole “can I get an F in chat” thing for “sad moments”. Zero memory of the rest of that story or any others. :(

I got called out to work the last week or so and doubtful I’ll get any other games completed. Sad. :(

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’ve played a number of Battlefield and CoD campaigns but the only one I remember at all is the one with Kevin Spacey and it started the whole “can I get an F in chat” thing for “sad moments”. Zero memory of the rest of that story or any others. :(

I got called out to work the last week or so and doubtful I’ll get any other games completed. Sad. :(

I'm more or less in the same boat. Have Thursday off but I'm just gonna end up working extra time because I'm still making up lost time from Elden Ring hijacking my life for a few weeks.

Anyone planning on running the April contest? I don't want to step on any toes, but maybe I'll run the challenge next month if I win this month. Or maybe even if I don't win, if nobody else is, 'cause I want to keep this going. In that situation I'd rather be a participant though

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Raft story complete, 19.5 hours according to HLTB. More story coming but I'm not gonna resubmit as a completed game every time a new chapter drops.

raftcomplete.png

completedcropped-png.400844

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

I'm more or less in the same boat. Have Thursday off but I'm just gonna end up working extra time because I'm still making up lost time from Elden Ring hijacking my life for a few weeks.

Anyone planning on running the April contest? I don't want to step on any toes, but maybe I'll run the challenge next month if I win this month. Or maybe even if I don't win, if nobody else is, 'cause I want to keep this going. In that situation I'd rather be a participant though
Normally have time to game at night while I’m in hotels, but the last week has been short stay trips to bum fuck Wyoming so it’s been full days of travel in, collapse in a hotel, work all day, and then usually travel again that night to somewhere with an airport, collapse, fly out early the next morning. I’m currently in Billings MT airport catching a flight back home.

Crone

Points total for Kurgan:

57.5 total points
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - 22.5
  • Witcher 3 Heart of Stone DLC - 10
  • Metro: Last Light Redux - 10
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20th Anniversary Edition - 15
There's a chance 1 more gets added to that list by the end of the month, but doubt it.

Crone

Metro Exodus keeps crashing on me after a few minutes. I didn't research it very much but doesn't seem like there's a solid fix. According to Google, it was a buggy mess at launch, which is a bummer as you'd think by now the shit would be fixed. I wanted to put 90 or so minutes into that, and compare it to the 90 minutes I put into Shadow of the Tomb Raider and then pick which one I was going to go after first but looks I can't do that now. :(

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Metro Exodus keeps crashing on me after a few minutes. I didn't research it very much but doesn't seem like there's a solid fix. According to Google, it was a buggy mess at launch, which is a bummer as you'd think by now the shit would be fixed. I wanted to put 90 or so minutes into that, and compare it to the 90 minutes I put into Shadow of the Tomb Raider and then pick which one I was going to go after first but looks I can't do that now. :(
Hmm

exodus is one of the best looking games and it’s not bad. That’s a tough call. I’d give both of those games a solid 8/10

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Control - 12 points. Spent 16 hrs on it. 24 total for the month.

Game was pretty cool. Didn't know anything about it prior to playing. Reminds me I never finished Alan Wake on the 360. Epic Games doesn't seem to have achievements of any kind for this game. But it was freebie so I can't complain to much.

1648771795097.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Control - 12 points. Spent 16 hrs on it. 24 total for the month.

Game was pretty cool. Didn't know anything about it prior to playing. Reminds me I never finished Alan Wake on the 360. Epic Games doesn't seem to have achievements of any kind for this game. But it was freebie so I can't complain to much.

View attachment 406052

Nice, you did it. I thought about making some sort of speedrun push to get something else done in the few hours I had before midnight tonight but I don't know of anything I'm working on that's that close to the end. Except maybe Doom 64 HD which I'm halfway through, but even that IDK.

Crone

I'm still in my nighttime gaming funk and didn't get anything else finished. I'll think about games all day or games I want to play and then come nighttime when I can actually play games I don't feel like playing anything.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Alrighty, time for some results.

yaph yaph 3 games, 24 tickets
Rajaah Rajaah 6 games, 99 tickets
Regime Regime 3 games, 64 tickets
Crone Crone 4 games, 58 tickets
Utnayan Utnayan 1 game, 49 tickets
Seananigans Seananigans 1 game, 49 tickets
Gavinmad Gavinmad 1 game, 20 tickets

Adding my 3 in, that's 22 games beaten this month, well done fellas.

Now it's time to name and shame some people

Fight Fight 0 games
meStevo meStevo 0 games
Slithum Slithum 0 games
Shmoopy Shmoopy 0 games
D Dizzam 0 games
Indyocracy Indyocracy 0 games
Hatorade Hatorade 0 games
Erronius Erronius 0 games
Janx Janx 0 games
Falstaff Falstaff 0 games

Why am I picking on them you ask? Well look at this raffle result. Look at what you made me do. As if this drunken degenerate needs more encouragement. Maybe we could have avoided this if you just completed one game. I hope you're happy.

WinnerRaffle1.JPG

Random Thing Picker

For the second raffle, I used excel to get a column of names and matched the amount of rows to the tickets, then pasted it into Random Name Picker , hit shuffle and it picked

WinnerRaffle2.JPG

So congrats Utnayan Utnayan and Seananigans Seananigans , you each win a $50 game card. PM me your console/steam of choice.

Here's to round 5

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Alrighty, time for some results.

yaph yaph 3 games, 24 tickets
Rajaah Rajaah 6 games, 99 tickets
Regime Regime 3 games, 64 tickets
Crone Crone 4 games, 58 tickets
Utnayan Utnayan 1 game, 49 tickets
Seananigans Seananigans 1 game, 49 tickets
Gavinmad Gavinmad 1 game, 20 tickets

Adding my 3 in, that's 22 games beaten this month, well done fellas.

Now it's time to name and shame some people

Fight Fight 0 games
meStevo meStevo 0 games
Slithum Slithum 0 games
Shmoopy Shmoopy 0 games
D Dizzam 0 games
Indyocracy Indyocracy 0 games
Hatorade Hatorade 0 games
Erronius Erronius 0 games
Janx Janx 0 games
Falstaff Falstaff 0 games

Why am I picking on them you ask? Well look at this raffle result. Look at what you made me do. As if this drunken degenerate needs more encouragement. Maybe we could have avoided this if you just completed one game. I hope you're happy.

View attachment 406114
Random Thing Picker

For the second raffle, I used excel to get a column of names and matched the amount of rows to the tickets, then pasted it into Random Name Picker , hit shuffle and it picked

View attachment 406115

So congrats Utnayan Utnayan and Seananigans Seananigans , you each win a $50 game card. PM me your console/steam of choice.

Here's to round 5

Wow cool, I won in Elden Ring month. Nice end to a good month, thanks guys!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users