Utnayan Backlog Challenge: Part 4 ends March 31

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Edit: Never mind. Duh. It’s right in the first post.

Did we ever determine if someone could win both raffles?

Eh I think I said for mine was no and that there should always be two winners to keep the spirit of the thread going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Eh I think I said for mine was no and that there should always be two winners to keep the spirit of the thread going.

Yeah, one person shouldn't be able to win both. I think Democrat Primary rather than Republican Primary is the way to go for prize 1, so you don't have to be #1 to win, and prize 2 being just for participating is a good idea too.

Looks like Elden Ring's HLTB time has gone up by like 3 hrs since a few of us beat it. Wouldn't be surprised to see more numbers shift by the end of the month. This is why it's a good idea to just tally at the end of the month.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220322_203452.jpg

OH HAI.

FF1 prequel downed, 17 points on the big board. I liked this one a lot, too bad it's getting dumped on a bit by journos. Was a fun and fairly quick play. I was gonna go for the platinum too, but it takes an entire full NG+ playthrough with everything set to the hardest difficulty, and that's an undertaking that'll have to wait.

20220322_201010.jpg

Princess Sarah: "I don't know if you can handle me."

Garland: "Trust me, in college they called me Captain Beat Cheeks."

Also, this game was wacky AF. The credits music was Sinatra, no joke.

1646624191892.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220323_185230.jpg

Got the platinum. Turns out you don't have to replay the entire game on hard mode. The trophy is bugged so you only need to play the first stage on hard mode. I love when stuff like this happens. Plowed it, did the odds and ends for a few bronzes, and finished up by leveling a class to 99 (had been saving up EXP crystals all game so I just used those to get to like 80 and grinded out the rest). Maybe 3 more hours of work and plat done. Looks like that's my 50th platinum ever, nice. I thought Elden Ring would win that trophy but I've intentionally avoided finishing it.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last weekend of the month. What's everyone going for? Anyone got any games completing this weekend?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Last weekend of the month. What's everyone going for? Anyone got any games completing this weekend?

I just started Sekiro last night but obviously I won't beat that any time soon. Haven't played anything else the last couple days, but I've got a few days off and I'm mulling over what to do with it.

Got a few ideas, but I'll need to choose: Resident Evil 1+2 remakes (have been backlogged since 2018 or so), Cuphead (same), Pokemon Legends: Arceus (been trying to chip at this for a couple months, could just sit down and get it done), Doom 64 (backlogged since 1997, but really 2020 cause it's the remaster), FNAF 5 (the only one I have left, and just that stupid final stage), and Super Metroid (I've beaten it before but not speedrun it with all the sequence breaks and have that on my list). Another possibility is Jedi Fallen Order, which has been sitting half-finished for over a year now, bothering me.

I'm gonna have to decide on what to pursue here. RE1+2 have been delayed so many times by me that I'd love to hit those. Cuphead is another I'd love to just...get over with, but I have so much trouble with it that it could easily gobble up all my game time without a victory to show for it.

Pokemon is a pretty sure thing for enjoyability since I like Arceus a lot and could easily spend some time plowing the rest.

I'll probably end up going for the smaller ones, like Doom 64 / FNAF 5 / Super Metroid sequence break run, then the medium ones like RE1 and 2. Maybe wrap up with Cuphead if there's any time left and I think I can maybe actually beat it (I only have seven bosses left, and if anything, my self-doubt about it is the biggest threat). I don't think I have time for Fallen Order or Arceus, maybe next month.

Crone

I just started Sekiro last night but obviously I won't beat that any time soon. Haven't played anything else the last couple days, but I've got a few days off and I'm mulling over what to do with it.

Got a few ideas, but I'll need to choose: Resident Evil 1+2 remakes (have been backlogged since 2018 or so), Cuphead (same), Pokemon Legends: Arceus (been trying to chip at this for a couple months, could just sit down and get it done), Doom 64 (backlogged since 1997, but really 2020 cause it's the remaster), FNAF 5 (the only one I have left, and just that stupid final stage), and Super Metroid (I've beaten it before but not speedrun it with all the sequence breaks and have that on my list). Another possibility is Jedi Fallen Order, which has been sitting half-finished for over a year now, bothering me.

I'm gonna have to decide on what to pursue here. RE1+2 have been delayed so many times by me that I'd love to hit those. Cuphead is another I'd love to just...get over with, but I have so much trouble with it that it could easily gobble up all my game time without a victory to show for it.

Pokemon is a pretty sure thing for enjoyability since I like Arceus a lot and could easily spend some time plowing the rest.

I'll probably end up going for the smaller ones, like Doom 64 / FNAF 5 / Super Metroid sequence break run, then the medium ones like RE1 and 2. Maybe wrap up with Cuphead if there's any time left and I think I can maybe actually beat it (I only have seven bosses left, and if anything, my self-doubt about it is the biggest threat). I don't think I have time for Fallen Order or Arceus, maybe next month.
I have similar problems about getting into games. There's some hesitation for sure. Like right now, I'm back home and have the weekend, but I'm not feeling like playing with a controller right now. I wish I had more games that had an "easier" barrier of entry, for my stupid brain. Lol

Ghost of Tsushima was on my list for finishing this month. Got it re-installed on my Ps5, and bought the Ps5 upgrade. Played for maybe a half-hour and started to get used to the controls again, but again, not feeling a controller game right now. Could start in on Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Hmmm....

Also, one of these days we can knock out FC6 for you coop if you want. You host the game, and I'll just be along for the fun ride. haha

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have similar problems about getting into games. There's some hesitation for sure. Like right now, I'm back home and have the weekend, but I'm not feeling like playing with a controller right now. I wish I had more games that had an "easier" barrier of entry, for my stupid brain. Lol

Ghost of Tsushima was on my list for finishing this month. Got it re-installed on my Ps5, and bought the Ps5 upgrade. Played for maybe a half-hour and started to get used to the controls again, but again, not feeling a controller game right now. Could start in on Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Hmmm....

Also, one of these days we can knock out FC6 for you coop if you want. You host the game, and I'll just be along for the fun ride. haha

Unfortunately FC6 long since got returned to the library (I've got a fantastic library with a zillion video games in it) and I think I'm pretty done on that one. I am down to co-op the next FC game though.

Ghost of Tsushima is probably the best game I have that I haven't "gotten into" because I'll do the same thing where I play for a half hour, then just sorta meander away to other things. Looks incredible, I'm just weird. As far as the recent Japan-based katana-swinging games go, GoT is muuuuuuch easier (has less of a barrier) than Nioh or Sekiro at least.

Crone

Unfortunately FC6 long since got returned to the library (I've got a fantastic library with a zillion video games in it) and I think I'm pretty done on that one. I am down to co-op the next FC game though.

Ghost of Tsushima is probably the best game I have that I haven't "gotten into" because I'll do the same thing where I play for a half hour, then just sorta meander away to other things. Looks incredible, I'm just weird. As far as the recent Japan-based katana-swinging games go, GoT is muuuuuuch easier (has less of a barrier) than Nioh or Sekiro at least.
But you'll get into and Plat some stupid FF game? lol. Different strokes!

Put a few hours into GoT today until I had to stop and mow the lawn and now hanging out with the wife. Will get back into it later.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
But you'll get into and Plat some stupid FF game? lol. Different strokes!

Put a few hours into GoT today until I had to stop and mow the lawn and now hanging out with the wife. Will get back into it later.

The FF series is incredible! Well, some of them are. I think I prefer Dragon Quest overall. Dragon Quest 11 was the only game besides Elden Ring in the past ten years that I went out of my way to do everything in.

Got the new Kirby game today and played the first third of it. Not nearly as easymode as people made it sound like. I haven't lost a single life or anything but I've had a few close calls, and the optional challenge rooms are pretty good. The setting is new for the series and the 3D aspects (which are comparable to Mario 3D World or Crash Bandicoot) are decent. I expect people will be disappointed that it isn't more 3D (no rotating camera) and more open-world.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Playing warhammer 3. Great game if you can auto resolve the tower defense stuff.

28.5 hours but that’s a load of shit. Closer to 50 to beat story campaign.

450084B7-E769-4DA6-BF93-52EA2DEDA8D4.jpeg

3EC4EB73-1575-4CBF-AEA4-6E8ECB0D6E88.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Played most of Kirby, reached World 5 (last world is either 5 or 6). Surprised how big this game is for a Kirby game, took all of my Sunday game time just to do that much. It's bigger than the average Kirby game and not as easy, despite what people are saying. You also get a bigass Dark Souls two-handed sword. It's an alright game. Not worth $60 but it is what it is.

Think I'll finish that off and go after Resident Evil 1+2 this week. Dunno what else there's time for.

Anyone planning on keeping the contest going in April?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220328_234057.jpg

Finished the new Kirby game. Pretty good, definitely not worth $60 though. Played on hardmode (well it's more like normal) and only 3 fights all game presented any kind of challenge. It does get a ton of inspiration from Dark Souls, though, which is kind of interesting.

1646624191892.png

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I might be done for the month (or maybe not, I have Thurs off). Gonna post my numbers just to save Kurgan some work:

Elden Ring - 49
Super Mario Bros 3 - 5
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - 18
Ikaruga - 1.5
Stranger of Paradise - 18
Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 8.5
Total - 100

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Another CoD campaign down, and while not my favourite, I appreciate it tried to do some different things. I think I liked the themes and concepts explored more than the actual story. Bashed out a couple of levels a night, warlords were the most annoying parts but they are largely frontloaded. Slowly ticking off the CoD games I missed or ignored for multiplayer.

BlackOps3.JPG

BlackOps3Complete.JPG

BlackOps3-HLTB.JPG

CompletedCropped.png

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Elden ring! :)

B2AB1E40-A420-4B9F-B034-1BABA793591B.png

1648567676030.png

Thanks Rajaah Rajaah :) HLTB - 49 hours.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Another CoD campaign down, and while not my favourite, I appreciate it tried to do some different things. I think I liked the themes and concepts explored more than the actual story. Bashed out a couple of levels a night, warlords were the most annoying parts but they are largely frontloaded. Slowly ticking off the CoD games I missed or ignored for multiplayer.

View attachment 405652

View attachment 405653

View attachment 405654

View attachment 405655

I've been interested in checking off all the CoD single-player campaigns for a while.

I've done:
-Ghosts
-Advanced Warfare
-Infinite Warfare
-WW2
-Cold War
-Vanguard

I'm missing:
-Modern Warfare 1-3
-Black Ops (whichever ones have campaigns...1-3?)
-Modern Warfare 2019 (this one is out because it flat-out doesn't work on PS5)

If they released like remastered trilogies of MW and BO I'd get them immediately.

Elden ring! :)

View attachment 405678

View attachment 405679

Quick question - I have 76 hours logged since Mar 1 on this and that link up there at the top is a dead link - how are we counting those hours?

Nice, ER is my new favorite game of all time, replacing Bioshock which held the title since 2008 (and before that Chrono Trigger since 1995...I don't change favorite games often).

We're going by HLTB time just to ascribe a rough score to things. ER is 49, even though it takes everybody way longer than that. HLTB generally under-cons game times, but at least it's across the board so their proportions to one another make sense on there.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I took a swing at Resident Evil 1 Remastered last night. Man, even with the tank controls changed to normal controls, it just feels so clunky and disorienting with the constant camera angle switches. I don't know if I've got it in me to play this even though I've wanted to for years. I think that list I posted above of "potential things to play this week" is gonna have to wait till the next challenge. Cuphead, FNAF5, and RE1+2 are my white whales at this point.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been interested in checking off all the CoD single-player campaigns for a while.

I've done:
-Ghosts
-Advanced Warfare
-Infinite Warfare
-WW2
-Cold War
-Vanguard

I'm missing:
-Modern Warfare 1-3
-Black Ops (whichever ones have campaigns...1-3?)
-Modern Warfare 2019 (this one is out because it flat-out doesn't work on PS5)

If they released like remastered trilogies of MW and BO I'd get them immediately.

Nice, ER is my new favorite game of all time, replacing Bioshock which held the title since 2008 (and before that Chrono Trigger since 1995...I don't change favorite games often).

We're going by HLTB time just to ascribe a rough score to things. ER is 49, even though it takes everybody way longer than that. HLTB generally under-cons game times, but at least it's across the board so their proportions to one another make sense on there.
I’ve played them all since COD 1

MW 1-3 are great. I’d suggest just playing MW1-2 remastered.

MW 2019 is also great

those are the best single played campaigns (only black ops 1 compares)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users