Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Our goths weren't of that veriety. Ours were girls cutting themselves listening to the cure.

You didn't have to dress in black to fight to ministry. Ministry was pretty mainstream.

Hell, I listened to some ministry last month. It holds up.

My views on religion may have softened over the years, but I still love me some Ministry.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
those southpark people were real? i thought they were just making fun of the culture by exaggerating it. i think when i was still clubbing, we called those weird kids, "Trendies". kids who thought something was hot so they pretended to be interested in it for ten minutes and then noped out for something else.
Yeah, they actually existed down here.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, they can't take back the first three albums.

I'm shocked ministry is still a thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My views on religion may have softened over the years, but I still love me some Ministry.
before White Zombie there was Ministry, Rob Zombie even said he was a huge fan. hardcore Ministry fans used to give him shit, saying he was just mimicking them. they might have been right. before they glammed out, WZ's music was just straight up garage band metal. i didnt care, i liked Ministry so i loved White Zombie and others like it. the more the merrier. i thought it was the next progression of metal and it would last a good decade+ like 80s Metal.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used to read Vampire: The Masquerade books, just for the lore. I never once played the game in the P+P format. I had most of the cards for the card game and I loved the original Vampire game. I also read Rage books just for fun. Whitewolf's 'Darkness'(tm) universe was fascinating.

But Whitewolf seems to have caught the contagion now, which I find truly sad. Their world was dark and pragmatic and psychological and sociological and arithmatic. Now it's postmodern and progressive and 'correct' on a political level.

What a god damn shame.
The World of Darkness was always PC on some level. The game books were all written using female pronouns exclusively. I remember because I had not even noticed until some fucking loser in my game group pointed out how he hated the game because he wasn't a chick and that's why he didn't want our next campaign to be WoD.

• 1Worf

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
WoD has always been progressive. The nice thing is that you can ignore that because the setting by it's very nature caters to doing whatever you want. They always had the best toolboxes to do your own thing. It's why I would run DnD for my groups when we wanted to just kill stuff, but I would pull out werewolf or mage when we wanted to actually RP.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I used to read Vampire: The Masquerade books, just for the lore. I never once played the game in the P+P format. I had most of the cards for the card game and I loved the original Vampire game. I also read Rage books just for fun. Whitewolf's 'Darkness'(tm) universe was fascinating.

But Whitewolf seems to have caught the contagion now, which I find truly sad. Their world was dark and pragmatic and psychological and sociological and arithmatic. Now it's postmodern and progressive and 'correct' on a political level.

What a god damn shame.
Never dug it save for reading this one book in middle school/ninth grade thereabouts.

41BBVMQ4EPL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

No clue if it holds up.

Later met folks with a tabletop edition. Blew my mind when I saw it was set in the same universe. Spent years looking for white wolf without knowing the name.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The thing is, progressivisim is a relentless march. What was once thought of as progressive is now either normal, or even "conservative". Take Star Trek TNG, for example. Back in the late 80s when it launched it was pretty radical on many fronts. Same with this, back in the 90s. But what happened is that what we grew up with (assuming most of this board are children of the 90s, as I am), is that we grew up with 90s progressivism, matured, and were left with that being the standard of what is "OK". But that didn't stop the "advancement" of progressivism, so for the current crop of progressives, if you have a single white, heterosexual dude anywhere (with the possible exception of being the villain) then it's not progressive enough. So we all look back on the culture we are comfortable with and look around us now and wonder WTF is going on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Black Homosexual Muslim Vampire....

That's really all I need or want to know about this game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The thing is, progressivisim is a relentless march. What was once thought of as progressive is now either normal, or even "conservative". Take Star Trek TNG, for example. Back in the late 80s when it launched it was pretty radical on many fronts. Same with this, back in the 90s. But what happened is that what we grew up with (assuming most of this board are children of the 90s, as I am), is that we grew up with 90s progressivism, matured, and were left with that being the standard of what is "OK". But that didn't stop the "advancement" of progressivism, so for the current crop of progressives, if you have a single white, heterosexual dude anywhere (with the possible exception of being the villain) then it's not progressive enough. So we all look back on the culture we are comfortable with and look around us now and wonder WTF is going on.

Totally agree with you. I'm just not surprised by it because I've always been on the more conservative side of things even as a teen in the late nineties. So I remember thinking that WOD had some stupid shit in it even back then. The tabletop game lines and the original bloodlines were still really good though as long as you could ignore some of the stupid. Problem is that now the stupid is overwhelming, so it is kind of hard to ignore.

• 2Like

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
The World of Darkness was always PC on some level. The game books were all written using female pronouns exclusively.

I think this part might partly be because they were cashing in on women with vampire rape fantasies. They certainly had some progressive stuff back in the day, but to me at least it felt like it was balanced out of by a ton of stuff that was not.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Actually, I take that back.

Even Ministry has the plague.

Yeah, Al Jourgenson has completely lost his mind. I love oldschool Ministry though. Land of Rape and Honey and Mind are great albums.

• 2Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I think this part might partly be because they were cashing in on women with vampire rape fantasies. They certainly had some progressive stuff back in the day, but to me at least it felt like it was balanced out of by a ton of stuff that was not.
Its honestly pretty much the same now. I have a couple of their new line books and its pretty sjw/pc on the surface but you have all the background and lore info to make a pretty normal setting. Hell they just had a big controversy about using Chechnya Genocide stuff in their newest Vampire book. So the cool stuff is still there but like always its obfuscated by PC crap.

edit: The obvous PC stuff has ramped up, so not claiming its the exact same as it was back during original WoD or even when they relaunched Masquerade as Requiem. Just that White Wolf have always pushed to the limit for progressive tastes and we were either too young or naive to see how bad it was or could get. This is just their natural progression given the society we live in now.

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Its honestly pretty much the same now. I have a couple of their new line books and its pretty sjw/pc on the surface but you have all the background and lore info to make a pretty normal setting. Hell they just had a big controversy about using Chechnya Genocide stuff in their newest Vampire book. So the cool stuff is still there but like always its obfuscated by PC crap.
Of course, the Chechnya stuff ended up killing the new White Wolf's publishing arm (oops), so I don't know how much of that you can expect in the future.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What I don't get is why werewolves too? I totally get the vampire scene being all trans and gay and weird as fuck, but the werewolf scene should be the exact fucking opposite. That is my problem with the direction this game seems to be heading. I don't give a fuck if you want to put weirdos in your weird setting. I have a problem when I can't choose NOT to interact in my own way with your weirdos. If you have a gay muslim shaman, then I want to be able to kill him and call him a fucking idiot. If you have a ancient trans vampire, I want to be given the option to deadname it and risk getting eaten. It is being forced into the PC, SJW bullshit that is greatly upsetting.

In the first game, you could call Vixen sweety and honey and make fun of her commie bullshit. That really took the piss out of the whole persona and made it fun instead of cringey.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Of course, the Chechnya stuff ended up killing the new White Wolf's publishing arm (oops), so I don't know how much of that you can expect in the future.
As long as its a game of amoral vampires you can pretty much do whatever you want with the tools given at least on tabletop. The PC game is probably going to be an SJW abortion though. Makes me sad. Levels like the hotel and the Garou chasing you until the lift came back were just epic.

edit: what this thread really makes me want to do is runa game of vampire or werewolf. Then I could let Liquid eat the gay muzzy shaman.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Braen

<Medals Crew>
For those still interested in this...

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Thinblood Background and Disciplines Revealed - IGN

Paradox Interactive has revealed more information about the background and disciplines for Thinbloods in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, which the player will begin the game as.
Thinbloods are a second-class group of vampires who have abilities that are weaker than the "great clans." Though players will begin as a newly embraced Thinblood, they will eventually have the choice to join one of these five "full-blooded Kindred clans."

Thinbloods may be a recent and weaker strain of vampires, but Seattle's leadership has been "uncharacteristically tolerant" of them. Seattle recently became under Camarilla control, and while Thinbloods still have the opportunity to "navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society," they are rarely shown the same level of respect as the full-blood clan members.
When players begin Bloodlines 2 as a Thinblood, they will be able to choose one of three disciplines - Chiropteran, Mentalism, or Nebulation - which were actually adapted from the pen and paper RPG and offer unique combat and traversal abilities that can be upgraded throughout the game.

Chiropteran - Strong affinity for bats, allowing vampires to move through the air and summon swarms.
  • Glide - first active power. Glide greatly lowers the weights of the vampire's skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to briefly float, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas, swoop down on NPCs to knock them down, or rain down other Disciplines from afar.
  • Bat Swarm - second active power. The vampire can summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. This power can be upgraded until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surround the Vampire, harrying and damaging those who come too close
Mentalism - Use telekinesis to manipulate objects and even pull weapons from enemy hands.
  • Pull — first active power. Manipulate inanimate objects using telekinesis, even weapons held by NPCs.
  • Levitate — second active power. Suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.
Nebulation - Allows the vampire to summon and command mist.
  • Mist Shroud — first active power. Summon a shroud of mist that surrounds the player for a short period. The shroud muffles the sound of footsteps and reduces the range at which the player can be seen. In addition, the player may partially transform into a cloud of mist to perform a choking attack on an NPC or travel through a tight space, like a ventilation fan or duct.
  • Envelop — second active power. Create a stationary, swirling cloud of mist on a target that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPCs that it touches.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess the lore kind of writes itself when you're all woke 'n shit. Of course the main character is a soy-blood, just like the people making the game.

• 1Like