Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
For those still interested in this...

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Thinblood Background and Disciplines Revealed - IGN

Paradox Interactive has revealed more information about the background and disciplines for Thinbloods in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, which the player will begin the game as.
Thinbloods are a second-class group of vampires who have abilities that are weaker than the "great clans." Though players will begin as a newly embraced Thinblood, they will eventually have the choice to join one of these five "full-blooded Kindred clans."

Thinbloods may be a recent and weaker strain of vampires, but Seattle's leadership has been "uncharacteristically tolerant" of them. Seattle recently became under Camarilla control, and while Thinbloods still have the opportunity to "navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society," they are rarely shown the same level of respect as the full-blood clan members.
When players begin Bloodlines 2 as a Thinblood, they will be able to choose one of three disciplines - Chiropteran, Mentalism, or Nebulation - which were actually adapted from the pen and paper RPG and offer unique combat and traversal abilities that can be upgraded throughout the game.

Chiropteran - Strong affinity for bats, allowing vampires to move through the air and summon swarms.
  • Glide - first active power. Glide greatly lowers the weights of the vampire's skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to briefly float, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas, swoop down on NPCs to knock them down, or rain down other Disciplines from afar.
  • Bat Swarm - second active power. The vampire can summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. This power can be upgraded until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surround the Vampire, harrying and damaging those who come too close
Mentalism - Use telekinesis to manipulate objects and even pull weapons from enemy hands.
  • Pull — first active power. Manipulate inanimate objects using telekinesis, even weapons held by NPCs.
  • Levitate — second active power. Suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.
Nebulation - Allows the vampire to summon and command mist.
  • Mist Shroud — first active power. Summon a shroud of mist that surrounds the player for a short period. The shroud muffles the sound of footsteps and reduces the range at which the player can be seen. In addition, the player may partially transform into a cloud of mist to perform a choking attack on an NPC or travel through a tight space, like a ventilation fan or duct.
  • Envelop — second active power. Create a stationary, swirling cloud of mist on a target that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPCs that it touches.

I am interested until it becomes very overt that the story is going to be nonsense. Even if they tow the line I am in because of the last game and the setting as a whole.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, I'm more bugged by the game being first-person only than any threats of wokeness. But I'm still looking forward to seeing actual gameplay before drawing any real conclusions.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I am just concerned it will be a rails type stealth game instead of more freeform like the original. I am sure they went the route of thinbloods because after the Ghenna event it is all shit. Please please let there be a way for the community to mod this game too.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I am just concerned it will be a rails type stealth game instead of more freeform like the original. I am sure they went the route of thinbloods because after the Ghenna event it is all shit. Please please let there be a way for the community to mod this game too.
That, at least, is apparently in the bag. They have said they plan to fully support modding. I think it was even one of the first concrete things they said about the game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I totally get the vampire scene being all trans and gay and weird as fuck, but the werewolf scene should be the exact fucking opposite. That is my problem with the direction this game seems to be heading.

It's a real head-scratcher.

Vampires being predominantly pansexual makes sense, everyone either knew that or suspected that was the case even outside of the WoD IP. But anything else suspends belief.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Looking at the website writeup, it looks like the full clans only get two of their three disciplines (Brujah don't get Presence). So you end up with your two clan disciplines, and whichever Thinblood discipline you took at the beginning of the game. Have to imagine we're going to see a lot of day-two mods giving everybody back their full power set.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm cool with them wanting to really emphasize the uniqueness of each clan's abilities, especially with the base game five. I am pretty interested in knowing what the 5th clan is going to be, as I think it's pretty much locked in the others are Toreador, Ventrue and Tremere. I think most ppl will assume Nosferatu, going by the background pic on their site, but I do think there's a chance it could be Lasombra, which personally I'd be more interested in.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm cool with them wanting to really emphasize the uniqueness of each clan's abilities, especially with the base game five. I am pretty interested in knowing what the 5th clan is going to be, as I think it's pretty much locked in the others are Toreador, Ventrue and Tremere. I think most ppl will assume Nosferatu, going by the background pic on their site, but I do think there's a chance it could be Lasombra, which personally I'd be more interested in.
Brujah and Malkavian!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
For those interested, as of today, they've finished unveiling the clans (and their disciplines) that are going to be in the base game:

Thinblood: Chiropteran (bats), Mentalism (telekinesis), Nebulation (mist)
Brujah: Potence (strength), Celerity (speed)
Tremere: Thaumaturgy (blood magic), Auspex (sixth sense)
Toreador: Presence (emotional manipulation), Celerity (speed)
Ventrue: Dominate (mind control), Fortitude (durability)
Malkavian: Dementation (insanity), Auspex (sixth sense)

And apparently other clans will be added post-launch as free DLC

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Here's an extended version of the gameplay trailer they showed at the PC Gaming E3 show.

Facial animations clearly aren't in yet, but otherwise, looks pretty good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Q1 is going to be a tight fit through with Cyberpunk in April.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Makes sense to go with a Vampire Bloodlines game reboot rather than a new game since nobody has any idea what it is and didn't play it.

The target demo is consoles, and the game will presume you haven't played Bloodlines.

Not looking forward to the absence of sexual themes-- which are sure to be removed from this game entirely.

For three reasons:

1) console target demographic
2) SJW writers
3) Anita Sarkeesian

The sexual charge was one of the main centerpieces of the original game's atmosphere, and being that its completely absent in this trailer entirely, even from the male voice acting--

I can safely say this remake is lacking.