Vanessa's Tranny AMA Blog Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Always remember, wait a month before celebrating, otherwise you'll bring the tranny curse back down on all of us.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Confirming what we all knew to be true....hodj is a bottom:

1566306551281.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 5 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I've argued over DKP issues with more passion then Vanessa Vanessa has about the whole transgender puberty blocking thing.

How about we just say no to minors that want to change gender, public discouragement will make them do other things. As proven in this thread.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
ps: DKP inflation is a crucial mechanic to prevent people from hoarding, even skipping entire expansion worth of gear, making them a drag on the guild yet giving them the best loot when they want it, which statistically proved to be about 1 month before they sold their characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Not when you have a core WAR / CLR team with BIS gear and a lot of saved DKP.

2% decay hits a BiS player with 10k saved a lot more then a shit player with 2k saved.

You want to increase income every expansion to encourage attention.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, I guess it all depends on what the goals of your system are and what the makeup of your guild is. You seem worried about retaining the already high attendance players. I guess most DKP whining I've seen centered around second tier players feeling like they can never catch up or get a BiS item.

iannis

Musty Nester
Most guilds are going to have an established core that come to every raid, any system that rewards fair attendance will reward those people more than the ones that dont. It is incumbent on that core to temper their guys for the long term stability of the guild.

Inflation and decay both have their problems and both attempt to accomplish that goal. Just as a matter of personal taste I prefer decay.

But the raw fact remains that it you have an exploitative core neither system will change that. It will sometimes mitigate their exploitation. It is a genuinely difficult problem that neither variant will effectively blunt by itself.

We cannot rely on it exclusively. Instead we need to view it as a tool to be used along with other team/community building initiatives and find other ways to attract and retain quality players to our raids. They do exist and we won't be able to quantify them as easily.

iannis

Musty Nester
I only prefer decay because of the nature of attrition. We want to keep our buy in reasonable. It should take no more than a few weeks of reliable attendance to be in contention.

Inflation prefers those already in the system. Decay prefers the players we are actively trying to recruit.

Really I'd prefer it people would just stop being loot whores. I quit eq at the top of my guilds dkp list, and by a substantial percentage at that. But this is norrath and people are going to drama. At least opp isn't trying to cyber manginas anymore.

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
There is no reason why inflation would favor existing members over new ones. Certainly it favors more active members than less active ones, but that has nothing to do with inflation itself. Inflation develues dkp hordes the same as decay. The efficacy of both depends on frequency and magnitude of the adjustments.

For example, if you have players with 10k dkp caches and you want new players to be able to competitively bid on loot within a few weeks, then you just rebalance encounter rewards such that players can earn several thousand dkp per week. The problem with inflation is that you end up working with ever larger numbers, whereas with decay you end up with around the same numbers and a static cap based on encounter volume.

Whether you use decay or inflation, adjustments needn't to be tuned such that monthly accruals are effectively nil within the time frame that you would like been players ro be able to get up to speed, whetther that number is a few weeks or a few months.

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
There is no reason why inflation would favor existing members over new ones. Certainly it favors more active members than less active ones, but that has nothing to do with inflation itself. Inflation develues dkp hordes the same as decay. The efficacy of both depends on frequency and magnitude of the adjustments.

For example, if you have players with 10k dkp caches and you want new players to be able to competitively bid on loot within a few weeks, then you just rebalance encounter rewards such that players can earn several thousand dkp per week. The problem with inflation is that you end up working with ever larger numbers, whereas with decay you end up with around the same numbers and a static cap based on encounter volume.

Whether you use decay or inflation, adjustments needn't to be tuned such that monthly accruals are effectively nil within the time frame that you would like been players ro be able to get up to speed, whetther that number is a few weeks or a few months.

"Needn't" should be "need" in that last sentence, but my phone is a faggot (not in the sense of homosexualishness, but like being a bitch (not in the sense of a disagreeable woman, but like a little shit)).

Also, same goes for any other typos or confusing wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.