Waco pt2? Standoff in Nevada over cattle on BLM land

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Anyway, at some point the old man will die and they will reap millions from his estate from all of the fines and interest and his 14 kids will be looking for a new home. Well done, pops.
Yep. I can't wait for this reality to set in for that family. Idealism is all fine and good but kicking water up hill doesn't put food on the table.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Beefghazi
Oooooh, I like that one.

But we should probably save it for when Obama makes us all eat his poisoned all-beef Vienna Beef hot dog franks wrapped in a warm poppy seed bun and dragged through the garden with a sprinkling of celery salt, mustard and 2 sport peppers just way Bill Ayers likes them as part of UN's plot to reduce America's carbon footprint and helped reduce over population worldwide.

Mire_sl

shitlord
No one posting Alex Jones' version of the story? This thread is no fun without it...

The federal government backed down and ended their siege against Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy less than 24 hours after an Infowars expos? connecting the land grab to Harry Reid and a Chinese-backed solar farm went viral, becoming the biggest news story on the Internet.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just make that federal land hunting grounds. Make the gun nuts happy and charge $100 hunting licenses for a chance to bag a freezer worth of beef. That would stop him using that land real quick.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The funny thing about that Alex Jones derp is WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK even if it's true? So they don't want cattle grazing on that land any more. They can just say, "we don't want cattle grazing on this land any more." It doesn't require some goddamn conspiracy. Bundy has a contract that gives him grazing rights on that land, but that just means that no one else can graze their cattle there. It doesn't mean that the state can't turn the land into a giant landfill if they want, and it doesn't mean he gets to use it for free.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just make that federal land hunting grounds. Make the gun nuts happy and charge $100 hunting licenses for a chance to bag a freezer worth of beef. That would stop him using that land real quick.
All BLM land is already open to public hunting unless there is some special restriction on it. Of course it's not legal to shoot cows unless you have the owner's permission, but it has happened.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh.. I looked more into the Harry Reid thing and even for Alex Jones this is retarded. Over 10 years after Brady was ordered to remove his cows and stop grazing them on public land for refusing to pay, Harry Reid tried to build a solar plant 150 miles away. This project was cancelled a year ago. FALSE FLAG CONSPIRACY!!!!111

Can we just euthanize people who give this retard attention and money?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Would the farm survive without being to graze on public lands? the government used to support the small farmer now it's all about corporations is the sentiment I believe, considering they've been grazing on public lands for over 100 years.

there's something like 18,000 ranchers that graze on public lands, I imagine the majority of them wouldn't be able to survive if they couldn't.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure those 18,000 ranchers are paying for the use of that public land, garglechimp. If this moron wants to keep using it, he can pay for it like everyone else.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
You would think so right, apparently he hates the feds and tried to pay the state but they wouldn't take his money.

Range war: BLM withdraws from Clark County, cattle released after standoff; Photo gallery | St George News

Why one county commissioner from Utah supports the Bundys
The whole mess goes back to 1993 when the BLM began to modify grazing permits that limited how much cattle a rancher could run on public lands in Clark County, namely the 600,000-acre Gold Butte area. The restriction was done in order to protect the habitat of the desert tortoise which had been declared an endangered species. Cliven Bundy refused to comply with the new restrictions and stopped paying the grazing fees. He also refused to acknowledge the federal authority of the BLM, believing any money he paid to the agency was, in a sense, going to he used to put him out of business.

As well, the Bundys hold their rights to graze cattle across the Gold Butte range were established by their ancestors that settled the land in 1877. The Bundy's inherited those rights, and argue they should be honored.

Cliven Bundy did attempt to pay his fees to Clark County, the entity he saw as the right administrator of the Gold Butte area. The county ultimately refused to accept his payments, and money that would have been used for fees went to improvement projects on the contested range, said Ryan Bundy, one of Cliven Bundy's sons.

Now, 20 years and two court orders later, the BLM closed Gold Butte to public access and attempted to round up and impound the "trespass cattle."

"This is a matter of fairness and equity, and we remain disappointed that Cliven Bundy continues to not comply with the same laws that 16,000 public lands ranchers do every year," BLM director Neil Kornze said in a statement. He also states Cliven Bundy owes the BLM over $1 million.

Cliven Bundy refused to comply while other ranchers in Clark County did, he said. Now he's the last rancher standing. The compliant ones were regulated to death by the BLM, the Bundys claim. While on the surface it looks like this was done in the name of the tortoise, the Bundys say the real heart of the issue is the federal government's thirst for ever-expanding power.

Bushman said ranchers in Paiute County may be facing a similar situation that the Bundys did in 1993. He said a large part of the county is federally-managed public land - land which could be declared closed to grazing if the sage grouse is declared an endangered species.

All my ranchers are supporters of Bundy
"All my ranchers are supporters of Bundy," Bushman said, so he's paying attention to see what happens between the Bundys and the federal government. He doesn't want to see what happened in Clark County repeated in Paiute County, he said.

If the BLM or other federal agencies ever did roll into Paiute County and conducted themselves as they did in Clark County, Bushman said such actions would not be tolerated by the County Commission or the county sheriff.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Read your own quote, garglechimp. Try making your electric payment to the cable company, and see how well that works out for you.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Read your own quote, garglechimp. Try making your electric payment to the cable company, and see how well that works out for you.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did do that at some point in his life

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fanaskin's post shows the rancher as a crazy paranoid shitbag, but he's trying to use it to support the guy right? I'm so lost right now