WandaVision

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not really. There have been subtle hints in both episodes that things aren't what they seem. Actually they haven't even been subtle. They've been kinda blatant about it.

-Guy That Never Read Comic Books
Yes, there have certainly been hints. But none of this "it's Wanda's projections because everyone knows she has that power" is explained in the show.

That we're two episodes in and nothing has been explained is a failure. It's very easy that someone could come away from watching two episodes thinking this is just a spoof of I Love Lucy with Marvel characters.

That's a failure.

Also, the "SWORD emblem" that apparently was "so obvious" wasn't even remotely obvious. I caught the Stark toaster (I mean, they outright said Stark Industries at the end) and Hydra watch (this was harder to catch, was only on screen for maybe half a second). All I noticed was a bright ass red helicopter that was out of place.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Yes, there have certainly been hints. But none of this "it's Wanda's projections because everyone knows she has that power" is explained in the show.

That we're two episodes in and nothing has been explained is a failure. It's very easy that someone could come away from watching two episodes thinking this is just a spoof of I Love Lucy with Marvel characters.

That's a failure.
but again, is it? you are not supposed to know that. We only know that, because we know the source material. its like saying GoT early episodes failed at letting you know Ned was not the main character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1610814771873.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just as an example, about 4 or 5 times during the first two episodes my wife looked over at me and said I didn't have to watch it with her, "this doesn't really seem like your kind of show."

It's a motherfucking comic show!

I kept telling her I was waiting for the hook, or twist, or whatever you want to call it. Because there's no way what we saw is the entire premise (and I know it's not). But man, the first two episodes really didn't do my argument any favors.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

flashr66

Blackwing Lair Raider
... I mean.. obviously? its a mashup of The Visions, and House of M. But huge chucks of House of M, won't work in MCU. No mutants, no xmen, no Magneto connections to wanda/quicksilver. quicksilver is already dead etc... So it'll be massively rewritten.
Fake reality, "not real kids", wanda is responsible and goes nuts will be the likely core take away. Reverse House of M is of course a distinct possibility. "No, More mutants" to bring mutants into the MCU.

I'd be really surprised if Viv is not one of the kids here. bring her into MCU.
could be alternate time line with mutants.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just as an example, about 4 or 5 times during the first two episodes my wife looked over at me and said I didn't have to watch it with her, "this doesn't really seem like your kind of show."

I kept telling her I was waiting for the hook, or twist, or whatever you want to call it. Because there's no way what we saw is the entire premise (and I know it's not). But man, the first two episodes really didn't do my argument any favors.

I thought they were going to break out into reality when the boss was choking. That was such a weird scene.

Elizabeth and Paul are fantastic. I hope the show starts getting some plot soon. But I’m in either way to be honest. They are just wonderful to watch on screen.

Cybsled

At this juncture, they work with the assumption you know who these characters are. You don't need an intro to them. Which is fair, because a show like this (or Loki or whatever) is targeted at people who are familiar with the MCU.

So these opening two episodes are an immediate mystery to fans, because this is clearly an abnormal situation. Both Vision and Wanda can't remember certain things (like how they got there, why are they there). Vision is supposed to be dead. Each episode makes it clear that something is trying to break through to her or there is some type of glitch in the matrix, as it were. The show slowly gives some hints, but doesn't fully explain. The show has (thus far) been consistent that each episode has contained more glitches and hints in each subsequent episode.

Episode 1: All the hints come from the characters of the world they are in - the boss acting odd and demanding to know they reveal info they couldn't remember some how. He starts to choke and the scene plays out very oddly, like everyone is a scripted NPC that can't react properly to a serious situation. Wanda eventually asks Vision to help the guy, at which point the questions stop and everyone acts "normal" again.

Episode 2: The hints come from seemingly external sources or sources that don't fit with the world they are in: The colored helicopter that contrasts with the black&white, the radio broadcast with an agent trying to get Wanda to communicate with them, a dude in a beekeeper suit coming out of the sewer.

It's like complaining X-Files didn't blow their mystery load in the first couple episodes, or Lost didn't fully explain the island in the opener.

Show runners have learned over the years that you can only tease a mystery for so long before the audience starts to get restless (because people have the attention spans of gnats now), so you have to give them bigger and bigger hints or pull the curtain back sooner rather than later. That is less of a risk on a limited series, because you aren't worried about a 7 season run or whatever and trying to stretch a mystery thinly over that length.

The show is 9 episodes. I suspect that in the next 1 or 2 episodes, we are going to get significantly more information on what is happening.

1/3rd establishment of premise, 1/3rd attempt to resolve the problem of the premise, 1/3rd resolution of the problem of the premise.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My wife was just telling me that Disney+ just released something on Facebook about this show and the reactions to the show are incredibly negative ("what the fuck is this show?"). I can't see it since I don't have a Facebook account though.

Also a lot of people wondering why there are like 10 minutes of credits. I forgot about that, but that's definitely strange. I was expecting the "hook" I mentioned previously to be after the credits, but it never came. It's just 1/3 of the show being credits.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Facebook reactions on promoted content is usually garbage anyways. Like when the Expanse promoted on the platform, I swear half the comments were MAGA trolls with a beef with Bezos and a quarter of the comments were smooth brains that didn't understand the show lol

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I felt like I'd seen her black friend in something so I checked IMDB out. Still didn't discover what I'd seen her in but she is going to be in Captain Marvel 2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My wife was just telling me that Disney+ just released something on Facebook about this show and the reactions to the show are incredibly negative ("what the fuck is this show?"). I can't see it since I don't have a Facebook account though.

Also a lot of people wondering why there are like 10 minutes of credits. I forgot about that, but that's definitely strange. I was expecting the "hook" I mentioned previously to be after the credits, but it never came. It's just 1/3 of the show being credits.
Yeah. There are dummy credits which have Easter eggs and then real credits and then real real credits. It's fucking dumb. Without intro and end credits. The show is maybe 20 minutes long. 10 minutes of which is goofy sitcom banter. So ten minutes of plot. Somebody mentioned Lost not making. Sense. Lost was 30 episodes per season and 45 minutes per episode. We also got a movie length pilot which helped set a lot of things up. This was not like fucking Lost.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
one way to rate Movies (and now shows) of the MCU is replayability. There's zero reason I'll watch these 2 episodes ever again.

That's not how tv series work

The Wire is the best tv show ever by some margin and I've only watched it once.

Admittedly GOT before the final seasons killed it has incredible re watch potential

But making such a comment without the rest of the season is pretty dumb

• 1Pathetic

Sevens

Log Wizard
It was different, but good. People complain about the "same old shit" coming out of Hollywood and now we get something different. It's incredibly slow burn but it's showing someone is fucking with her. Also I bet if we had color that one piece was red. That and the fishnets were a play on her old comic costume.

Drunk Bettany was channeling his Chaucer character in a Knight's Tale.
I don't think someone is fucking with her, I think she is doing this (as seen with her being able to rewind the world when she seen the beekeeper). I think SWORD is trying to break in on her self imposed cocoon and that is what is causing the glitches in the matrix.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard

Just think of this as a 4 and a half hour movie. How far into The Matrix was it before they were like "Okay, this is whats going on" Almost an hour? and that was only a two hour movie. Also did no one notice that not only was there a SWORD emblem on the chopper but it was in very distinct Iron Man red and gold?

Edit: Seen a interview with Olsen where she said the reason she doesnt have an accent in this show is that "She is stuck in a typical American sitcom so her speech is therefore that of a typical American sitcom."

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think someone is fucking with her, I think she is doing this (as seen with her being able to rewind the world when she seen the beekeeper). I think SWORD is trying to break in on her self imposed cocoon and that is what is causing the glitches in the matrix.
You could be right.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
in one anime (nadesico), a woman controls the ability for jump gates, but frozen in a computer like device, shes also eratic so the way to have her do jump gates is to load in an episode of a dating sim, she'll basically be happy and execute the program (jump gates)

• 1Garbage