WandaVision

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
it depends entirely on how much you love 50-80s sitcoms, if you love that shit the first few episodes are great. If you are disinterested in that shit or never watched I Love Lucy, Hogan's Heroes, Brady Bunch, Honeymooners, Leave it To Beaver, etc then its probably not gonna be that interesting.

i found the sitcom stuff far more fun than the MCU stuff, which was mostly uninteresting to me as someone who doesn't know a thing about comic book lore
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Boomer shit. It sounds like this is a skip.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Boomer shit. It sounds like this is a skip.
click this for a cliff's notes version if you really plan to skip.
the show is about Scarlet Witch still being traumaitized over the loss of her BF, Vision. so she creates an illusion of 1950s to present TV sitcoms by taking over an entire town and force projecting a false Vision back to life to pretend life is hunky dory. along the way one of Marvel's retarded alphabet government agencies, SWORD gets hip to it all and tries to use her to bring back actual Vision. some doofy witch is strolling along and sees all the magic that Scarlet Witch is doing and so she poses as one of the brainwashed townspeople to learn her powers and then try to absorb them into herself. one of the SWORD agents is the little girl from Captain America all grown up and from returning from the Thanos snap and entering the Scarlet witch zone multiple times she becomes a super hero called Photon which can see all types of energy and manipulate it eventually. anyway, long story short. SWORD uses Scarlet Witch's power to make the Vision 2.0. they send it to kill SW and with the help of fake Vision , he convinces Vision 2.0 to fuck off somewhere, Scarlet Witch has a showdown with the doofy witch and absorbs her powers and becomes The Scarlet Witch. Photon does Photon stuff. after the showdown The Scarlet WItch accepts that Vision 1.0 is dead and so sets the town free, then she leaves with a magic book she swiped from the doofy witch to some rural location to learn how to become much more powerful and possibly is opening herself to possession from an obscure Marvel villain who wrote the magic book. its all a tie in to the next Doctor Strange movie.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
click this for a cliff's notes version if you really plan to skip.
the show is about Scarlet Witch still being traumaitized over the loss of her BF, Vision. so she creates an illusion of 1950s to present TV sitcoms by taking over an entire town and force projecting a false Vision back to life to pretend life is hunky dory. along the way one of Marvel's retarded alphabet government agencies, SWORD gets hip to it all and tries to use her to bring back actual Vision. some doofy witch is strolling along and sees all the magic that Scarlet Witch is doing and so she poses as one of the brainwashed townspeople to learn her powers and then try to absorb them into herself. one of the SWORD agents is the little girl from Captain America all grown up and from returning from the Thanos snap and entering the Scarlet witch zone multiple times she becomes a super hero called Photon which can see all types of energy and manipulate it eventually. anyway, long story short. SWORD uses Scarlet Witch's power to make the Vision 2.0. they send it to kill SW and with the help of fake Vision , he convinces Vision 2.0 to fuck off somewhere, Scarlet Witch has a showdown with the doofy witch and absorbs her powers and becomes The Scarlet Witch. Photon does Photon stuff. after the showdown The Scarlet WItch accepts that Vision 1.0 is dead and so sets the town free, then she leaves with a magic book she swiped from the doofy witch to some rural location to learn how to become much more powerful and possibly is opening herself to possession from an obscure Marvel villain who wrote the magic book. its all a tie in to the next Doctor Strange movie.
I wonder if the writers submitted their work in crayon. When I heard the show cost 200,000,000...I wondered if it was in Rupees.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Brad2770

Watching Age of Ultron again. In the church scene, where the twins meet Ultron, Quicksilver recounts the event of his parents death. What happened in WandaVision and what he describes doesn’t coincide.

While I was googling both scenes, I found this to make it easier.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
We are all still binge rewatching this after that exciting finale, right?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We are all still binge rewatching this after that exciting finale, right?

If I started at the very beginning and fast forwarded to the best bits I think I'd probably take my finger off the remote maybe once.

And that'd be the cute nose scrunch she does after beating Agatha.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
so i guess they greenlit the Secret Invasion (the green dudes, right?) tv show on D+ will star Sam Jackson (Fury) and Ben Mendelson (played someone in Captain Marvel) and a few others. I imagine a few cameos from that Rambo chick, the asian guy, etc

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
so i guess they greenlit the Secret Invasion (the green dudes, right?) tv show on D+ will star Sam Jackson (Fury) and Ben Mendelson (played someone in Captain Marvel) and a few others. I imagine a few cameos from that Rambo chick, the asian guy, etc

Well, I didn't hate him in his limited role in Peaky Blinders. Haven't seen the Malcolm X deal.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

That guy looks perfect for the rumored Blue Marvel character showing up.

Adam_Brashear_%28Earth-616%29_from_Ultimates_Vol_2_1_cover_001.jpg

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I dont understand. Are you saying they're taking the physical appearance of the character into consideration when choosing an actor?

I'm just asking cause I've been assured thats racist as fuck and only acting ability matters. Wonder why it might work differently this time?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I dont understand. Are you saying they're taking the physical appearance of the character into consideration when choosing an actor?

I'm just asking cause I've been assured thats racist as fuck and only acting ability matters. Wonder why it might work differently this time?
The character wasn't orginally white.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The only thing that really bugged me was White Vision trying to crush Wanda's head. First off that would have been instant pulp, second, why would WVision not use his powers to stick his hand inside her head and materialize it in there. No but really he was sent in there to kill Wanda, not fight fake Vision, but it seems like he forgot that or something.
White visions's primary programming was to kill Vision, not wanda. At that time Wanda was just in his way. Remember the general said it was part of his perfect crime to blame white vision on Wanda. That's why they had the whole discussion about theseus's ship and who was the real vision.

So where was James Spader? Was he the voice of White Vision?

Sevens

Log Wizard
White visions's primary programming was to kill Vision, not wanda. At that time Wanda was just in his way. Remember the general said it was part of his perfect crime to blame white vision on Wanda. That's why they had the whole discussion about theseus's ship and who was the real vision.

So where was James Spader? Was he the voice of White Vision?
No, Paul Bettaney did both Visions

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
The story of WandaVision‘s main character, Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a. the Scarlet Witch (played by Elizabeth Olsen), is set to continue in 2022’s Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, but the two projects were almost linked much more directly. As Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige reveals in Rolling Stone‘s upcoming, extensive oral history of WandaVision, Marvel struck a deal with Benedict Cumberbatch to appear in the final episode of the show as Dr. Strange. But late in the process, they wrote him out.

“Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Dr. Strange,’” says Feige. “But it would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do. We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’” That meant the Dr. Strange movie, too, had to be rewritten. In the end, Feige says, Marvel’s process is “a wonderful combination of very dedicated coordination, and chaos. Chaos magic.” At one point, back when Dr. Strange was supposed to be part of the story, the in-universe commercials were going to be messages from Strange to Wanda, and there was also talk of having Cumberbatch appear in one of the ads, head writer Jac Schaeffer says.
Meanwhile, Elizabeth Olsen is pushing back on criticism that Wanda got off too easy by flying away without punishment after she forced an entire town of people into her sitcom fantasy world. “She had to get away before the people who have to hold her accountable got there,” she says. “And where she went is a place that no one could find her. Because she knows that she is going to be held accountable, and I think she has a tremendous amount of guilt.”

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
“Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Dr. Strange,’” says Feige. “But it would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do. We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’” That meant the Dr. Strange movie, too, had to be rewritten.

and there it is folks. the end of the MCU. the white guy was good enough for 20 movies, but now he's a fucking asshole.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like