Warcraft III: Reforged

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Did the offshore this to Angola or something? What the heck? I mean yeah 'Blizzard' is dead but we're talking about doing minimal technology updates to something incredibly old that should, by all rights, run within an iframe on a website.

xzi

Mouthbreather
No they didn't outsource anything other than the art assets, or so they said.

I love the campaign but holy fuck

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yet to jump into the campaign, keep doing my favorite game mode, 4v4. Not been too bad, haven't had any super weird bugs. Couple times I had to restart client because it said I found a match, but would never actually join it. Nothing major. Biggest problem is that it runs like shit on my gaming laptop. On Low/Medium graphics settings. Also had to turn Vsync on to get rid of insane stutter/tearing. That was the most refreshing part of the old game is that it ran so smooth, and when they added 1080p resolutions that just was icing on the cake.

I hope they respond well to all the uproar, and patch it and do something with it.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I hope they respond well to all the uproar, and patch it and do something with it.

I don't see any reasonable base for this kind of hope.

Remember the Diablo mobile PR drama, that was magnitudes above this one?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Pretty solid video on this entire thing. The grossest bit is you literally can not play the original games, they just force you into reforged unless you revert to older versions and even if you do you can only play single player/lan because they killed bnet lmfao

• 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just a shame. The amount of time I put into Custom Settings maps in WC3 and SCBW probably surpasses all other games I played as a teenager. Even Everquest.

So many of those custom settings maps had a great deal of charm and true innovation. DOTA wasn't even something I liked really but Madnesses, RPG, survival maps, horde fighting and all kinds of shit were amazing. Even in SC2 I pumped hours into MineralZ which was a defense game of sorts but it had a progression system to the extent that it saved your leveling progress per game. Which floored me at the time because it was just a custom map.

I also played a lot of the awesome SC:BW diplomacy map.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you have the original, do you need to buy reforged?

No, it just forces you to patch to reforged and then becomes unplayable. In fact you can't even download the classic client from your battle.net account off their website like you used to be able to, it only launches into bnet and downloads reforged. You can find older .exe clients to actually play but you can only play offline.

Pirate an older version of the game and download software to play lan over the internet appears to be the only reasonable option at the moment.

What the fuck were they thinking? I'm enjoying reforged cause I bought it specifically for the campaign (and maybe custom games lol) but honestly what the fuck?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I remember distinctly how SC2's online features were a huge downgrade from the B.NET SC:BW used in fucking 1998. It really pissed me off how their Custom Settings map, "marketplace" worked. Had this bizarre popularity system they manipulated so only maps like that showed up. Their chat features were also a shadow of what they had in 1998. Which was just IRC embedded into B.Net at the time.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol deletes your classic version of the game. Aha oh man. I am not surprised.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck were they thinking?

An 80% cut in the dev department won't result in a proportional loss of sales short term, so lets do this.

Also ask marketing if we have any other franchises we can milk dry.

Where should we go for lunch?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, it just forces you to patch to reforged and then becomes unplayable. In fact you can't even download the classic client from your battle.net account off their website like you used to be able to, it only launches into bnet and downloads reforged. You can find older .exe clients to actually play but you can only play offline.
Well, this is a new inexcusable development.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Lol deletes your classic version of the game. Aha oh man. I am not surprised.

This is especially hilarious when you consider that DBG allows p1999 to run a free emulated server, and DBG is run by a russian investment company last I heard.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Didn't Bliz militantly shut down some of the emulated classic servers years ago? I know Northdale exists but they did kill a few off didn't they?