Warcraft III: Reforged

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
He didn't mention the censorship. A few voice lives where removed from the game for being to edgy iirc. One of them being the Dryad "I'm so wasted" line.

Go to 51 seconds

They removed the human call? Those monsters!
Let me guess, they also removed the archers g-string one too

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Metacritic at 1.0 and dropping. Blizzard automatically claiming copyright from modder's hard work for new mods has to be the stupidest decision made by a giant corp in a long time. It didn't work for Bethesda when they tried it and it wont' end well for Blizzard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Metacritic at 1.0 and dropping. Blizzard automatically claiming copyright from modder's hard work for new mods has to be the stupidest decision made by a giant corp in a long time. It didn't work for Bethesda when they tried it and it wont' end well for Blizzard.
Except thats exactly what they did with custom maps and SC2 when it was released. That and the abomination known as bnet2.0 was why there was no custom map scene in SC2.

• 2Like

Break

I never played SC2, is that game's EULA still today that Blizzard copyrights any new IP created by modders?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I really wanted to play the campaign this weekend but after reading all the complaints and how half-assed it is I wont be giving them my money. Any recent RTS games with a good campaign with hero units and whatnot? I am considering this one.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I really wanted to play the campaign this weekend but after reading all the complaints and how half-assed it is I wont be giving them my money. Any recent RTS games with a good campaign with hero units and whatnot? I am considering this one.

I've seen some good reviews for this WC1 inspired rts

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've just dropped into this thread to say that my hopes and dreams of a wonderful remastered Diablo 2, with similar gameplay and loot system but updated graphics, storage options and possible end-game system, have been completed dashed with the release of this obviously disappointing piece of shit.

I Old Yeller'd D2 behind the barn. I won't lie, I was crying while I did it, but it was a mercy.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Except thats exactly what they did with custom maps and SC2 when it was released. That and the abomination known as bnet2.0 was why there was no custom map scene in SC2.

I played the shit out of MineralZ in SC2 custom maps and it was an awesome map. However the marketplace design they were going for and how fucked Bnet2.0 was just ruined it.

WC3 and SCBW custom maps happened organically. Shitty ones just wouldn't be played. If Bliz weren't a bunch of hacks they would just let their testbed create another new genre then actually try to make money off of it this time. I mean if your map editor created Dota, Autochess, and whatever else its bound to create something else awesome.

khorum khorum I am almost disappointed they didn't replace samwise with a tranny... Or did they?

• 2Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I knew that's what they were doing. Abandon ship if you haven't already.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played the shit out of MineralZ in SC2 custom maps and it was an awesome map. However the marketplace design they were going for and how fucked Bnet2.0 was just ruined it.

WC3 and SCBW custom maps happened organically. Shitty ones just wouldn't be played. If Bliz weren't a bunch of hacks they would just let their testbed create another new genre then actually try to make money off of it this time. I mean if your map editor created Dota, Autochess, and whatever else its bound to create something else awesome.

khorum khorum I am almost disappointed they didn't replace samwise with a tranny... Or did they?
The only question in the back of my mind is how much of these decisions are coming down from Activision instead of Blizzard. I mean, it's all a bunch of horse shit either way.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The only question in the back of my mind is how much of these decisions are coming down from Activision instead of Blizzard. I mean, it's all a bunch of horse shit either way.

There are still good, non-crazy people there. People who made the old great games. I know they feel like I do about it. Kotick and the progressive evil machine took root there.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So glad i nope'd out of everything blizzard after BFA. That fucking company needs to crash and burn. Too big to fail tho.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So glad i nope'd out of everything blizzard after BFA. That fucking company needs to crash and burn. Too big to fail tho.

Replacing Samwise in that stupid little image is so revealing of my feels/theories that I can't quite put into words. Hard to explain. Mayhaps there is some Nasty Nirgon redemption to be had here.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Their name alone still sells boxes tho. People still to this day pre order every title they come out with, even after the last few years of constant incompetence.

I'd bet the majority of wow players on this forum have or will pre order shadowlands even after the complete shitshow BFA, diablo and now War 3 has been.

• 1Like

Break

As if the part where Blizzard auto-steals your copyright for simply making a mod on their game, per the WC3 Reforged EULA:

Custom Games should be playable by all users. Custom Game developers may not develop Custom Games that include a mechanism that allows the developer to limit access to the Custom Game to certain users.

Also modders are allowed to take donations as a mod creator, but Blizzard wants to prevent donors from getting special treatment in the mods. If it's a competitive game like a DOTA, then yeah I can get behind that, but it's rather odd they're using such broad language. If I make a single player RPG, can I not give my donors special codes to use? Doesn't seem like it.

Donors shall not be provided with any in-game special advantages, such as private access to a Custom Game, special levels, graphical markers, special text, abilities, units, etc. All users are to be able to play the same Custom Game.

What a shitshow. It's almost as if... it was written by the Chinese themselves.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Their name alone still sells boxes tho. People still to this day pre order every title they come out with, even after the last few years of constant incompetence.

I'd bet the majority of wow players on this forum have or will pre order shadowlands even after the complete shitshow BFA, diablo and now War 3 has been.

It'll take longer to fail but I think they will