Warcraft III: Reforged

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Define fail. There's no way that the name Blizzard is going to go away, and Activision makes too much money to fail as a business. The blizzard that exists today is nearly the same as a BioWare situation where it exists in name only as the few OG's left have very little control.

Where else could it possibly go to fail any further?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Their success hinges on wow subs. They don't pump out games fast enough otherwise

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Define fail. There's no way that the name Blizzard is going to go away, and Activision makes too much money to fail as a business. The blizzard that exists today is nearly the same as a BioWare situation where it exists in name only as the few OG's left have very little control.

Where else could it possibly go to fail any further?

The blizzard brand is being milked dry and will be closed within 24 months.

WoW gets transferred, other franchises are frozen. WoW gets the least possible attention possible in order to generate optimal revenue.

2021 has a 1080p lost vikings remake for 89$, except its 320p.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Goddamn the internet buttmad at this game is real. .8 user rating as of now. How soon til they pony up some cash to metacritic to "fix" their score.

1580498279387.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The blizzard brand is being milked dry and will be closed within 24 months.

Not a chance. Blizzard is one of the most recognizable brand names in gaming, it's not something you just abandon. You can rape that corpse for a decade and not tarnish it enough to make it worth abandoning.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
i'm with Dom here. Like star wars, the brand recognition is too high. This shit will be milked dry for the next decade. Diablo 4 will be a shell of a game, probably 10 years behind the curve graphically and mechanic wise but will still sell millions of copies ALL FUCKING PRE ORDERED, because fucking idiots do not learn.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've got no horse in the race so it's whatever now. Added to the list of companies whose games I wait for reviews on

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We're in a brave new decade. Let us hope someone else takes the crown.

That and Blizzard's glacial dev cycle while still producing garbage like this does them no favors. D4 is literally 4+ years away. I'd be absolutely shocked if it came out in under 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
D4 already looks like hot garbage in it's gameplay vids anyway. Path of Exile destroys it and that's free to play.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And PoE2 is out like THIS year with a beta.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
After reading this thread and watching the hate videos regarding WC3 RF I'm worried about the future of D4.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I mean you can find heaps of people who don't want anything to do with PoE cause it's not 'blizzard polish'. Just on this forums people will fight you tooth and nails that diablo 3 is the superior product, which is funny in itself.

D4 will sell and blizzcon will continue to have people wooowing and gasping at any new blizzard cinematic while they are getting fed sub par bullshit when the game comes out.

The day they said most shit still won't be tradable was the day i knew blizzard was truly fucking gone. To cling on to such an idiotic concept for this long is just fucking retarded.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean you can find heaps of people who don't want anything to do with PoE cause it's not 'blizzard polish'. Just on this forums people will fight you tooth and nails that diablo 3 is the superior product, which is funny in itself.

I used to be one of those people that complained PoE didn't have blizzard polish, but still played it.

Then BFA came out and the entire notion of blizzard polish has extremely quickly ran out of arguments. It was so insanely buggy and had systems nobody liked. Then Warcraft 3.. and it's like man that used to be THE company that was known for ultimate polish wtf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The technical polish is still there. Wow combat and raids feel really fucking good. The art team is on point.

But it's a polished turd.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Art and sound is absolutely unbelievable, yeah. Raid encounters are fantastic but I feel that's a given.

But blizzard of even just 5 years ago would not have let BFA launch in the state it launched in is moreso my point. - or Warcraft 3. Or even look to recent patches, 8.3 has been a buggy as fuck mess.

I don't blame the people working on the game really, I blame either lack of resources or failure to manage the team properly. I'm still naively hopeful for the future because I've spent literally 2/3rds of my life playing blizzard games as my "main" game but oh well.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Got a refund. Maybe after they fix some horseshit ill reconsider.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Overall imo PoE is a better game. End game content, skill system, itemization and crafting trumps Diablo's but honestly I like Diablo more than PoE. It's the simplicity, the lore, art style and the way the game feels keeps me playing. I play both of them alot especially during their seasons. It's kinda weird, one is a superior game i enjoy playing while the other is lesser but I like it more.

• 2Solidarity