Warcraft III: Reforged

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Switched it up to Wind Riders, instead of straight Bat Riders, and it worked out pretty well in the 1 game I've done it so far. Maybe I'm onto something! Then can follow it up with Bat Riders for the extra siege damage when mopping up bases.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I tried to play PoE once but it felt really clunky. Plus the million skill trees were a little off putting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Overall imo PoE is a better game. End game content, skill system, itemization and crafting trumps Diablo's but honestly I like Diablo more than PoE. It's the simplicity, the lore, art style and the way the game feels keeps me playing. I play both of them alot especially during their seasons. It's kinda weird, one is a superior game i enjoy playing while the other is lesser but I like it more.

Yikes, for me the art style was the worst thing about D3. And the lore... what lore? They just threw the words demon, angel and evil around some lame cookie cutter story. It had no style, no intrigue, no anything that actually tells a story. Any grade school kid could come up with whatever story D3 was. And as for the art style... they couldn't have butchered the art style/D2 source material any more if they had just made a cartoony, colorful game based on Schindler's List.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know what you're talking about, the Diablo lore is pretty large outside of the main story prompts that you probably skip. Just because you don't read any of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's still Blizzard storytelling though, yeah.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i'm with Dom here. Like star wars, the brand recognition is too high. This shit will be milked dry for the next decade. Diablo 4 will be a shell of a game, probably 10 years behind the curve graphically and mechanic wise but will still sell millions of copies ALL FUCKING PRE ORDERED, because fucking idiots do not learn.
They will bundle the preorder with a WoW mount that’s how they’ll get so many preorders.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

yeah, brands are a really hard thing to kill.

First as they grow, fandoms grown, and start self perpetuating. they create content, that is largely separate from the Official source, but still promote the Brand. starwars, to cars, to sports teams, etc... Then, this fandom, spreads into the casual market. An spread the word of the fandom.

Now, when the Brand starts fucking up, and shitting the bed. The casual market does not follow the news close enough to even know about this. They will keep on pimping the Brand on name recognition alone. And, the fandom, again was self perpetuating, and often far more interested in the activities around the Brand, then the Brand itself. From cons, to cosplay, to tailgating, etc..

The people in the middle who only give a shit about the product itself, are the ones that see the Brand failing, and bail out. but Brands can live on for decades from that casual market.

Crone

Tried doing a strat that rushed Gargoyles, with the idea being that no one has anti air so early in the game. Didn't work out so well, but I can see it working in some situations. I much prefer to rush Fiends when going Undead. They are so strong in team games, with Web to bring everything to the ground.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you thought it was bad, became very bad, then thought it worsened, hit the bottom, and discovered there's no actual bottom:

• 8Worf
  • 3WTF
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 13 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Switched it up to Wind Riders, instead of straight Bat Riders, and it worked out pretty well in the 1 game I've done it so far. Maybe I'm onto something! Then can follow it up with Bat Riders for the extra siege damage when mopping up bases.

I tried to play PoE once but it felt really clunky. Plus the million skill trees were a little off putting.

:emoji_smirk:

Crone

Man, Undead make things easy with resource gathering, and summoning in their buildings so you don't even have to use up a Acolyte. 2easy.com