Warcraft III: Reforged

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Someone acquaint me with this bit of lore, why would the black dragonflight have been helping the orcs? I remember the Dragonmaw had some artifact that effectively enslaved the red flight.
Nefarien took over leadership of the remains of the original Horde (led by the Blackrock Clan Orcs) at some point between Warcraft 2 and World of Warcraft, that's the faction in Blackrock Spire. Why did he do it? Filling a power vacuum for his own benefit?

Nefarien's father Deathwing had previous form for doing this, using the Dragonmaw Clan Orcs to enslave the Red Dragonflight during Warcraft 2.

However in Warcraft 3 this lore hadn't been written yet so when you encounter the Blackrock Clan they are in Alterac Mountains (not Burning Steppes), have Red Dragons and are worshipping Demons (not Black Dragons). Because that's what they had in Warcraft 2.

Easiest way to explain it is to just change everything to Black Dragons and say they had an outpost in Alterac (Deathwing and Onyxia both pretended to be Alterac Nobles from the Prestor family). There's also a Black Dragon in the mission before or after that one, so tie him in too.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should just put the *entire* history of Warcraft 1-3 including expacs into this one client. That I would preorder right now.
Old Blizzard would've remastered all three as a trilogy and put it in a battle chest with online ladders and world editors.

Honestly, the engine looks like it came from Heroes of the Storm. I feel like the fact that they are charging 30-40 bucks for just WC3 is a crime. Slamming together all three and charge 20-30 bucks for it then wouldnt get under my skin so much. But I guess Electronic Arts ActiBlizzard is just being itself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Honestly, the engine looks like it came from Heroes of the Storm. I feel like the fact that they are charging 30-40 bucks for just WC3 is a crime. Slamming together all three and charge 20-30 bucks for it then wouldnt get under my skin so much. But I guess Electronic Arts ActiBlizzard is just being itself.

How in the hell does anyone give a shit about $40 for a video game in 2019? I mean fuck me that’s like $6.27 in 2002 money.

Prices for these products have barely moved in 25 years. Even at $40 we're talking about pennies per hour of entertainment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
lol trying to make sense or keep track of lore as they butcher it, I was gonna say commendable but not entirely sure

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol trying to make sense or keep track of lore as they butcher it, I was gonna say commendable but not entirely sure
It would be serviceable if they didnt shit all over it every year or so. Now its just pants on head retarded.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

It would be serviceable if they didnt shit all over it every year or so. Now its just pants on head retarded.

It was what... like 5 years back? when that big Q&A sessions and a duder comes up and "Its still real to me damnit!" about the lore and (yeah I think Furor was on the panel) the entire panel of Blizzard employees just LUZLULZULZULZULZUZLUZLUZLULZ'ed the guy off stage for him to go cry.

From that point on, no one should give Blizzard and credit, slack or accolades for anything on lore etc. They literally gives zero fucks, and have been giving zeros for years. I think its funny people still even attempt to care.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched that clip again and it was 2010. Crazy. Who is the other guy on stage with Furor?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
From that point on, no one should give Blizzard and credit, slack or accolades for anything on lore etc. They literally gives zero fucks, and have been giving zeros for years. I think its funny people still even attempt to care.
I think its always annoying whenever there's shit writing regardless of what ip you're talking about. Its understandable if it isn't great, but there's zero excuse for the writing to be this atrocious. Its like they purposely write such garbage stories.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game feels so far from release. Hoping theres a far more advanced build theyre working on. Also, after playing sc2 for so long, the pace of war3 feels so slow, the movements of units so sluggish. I know theyre trying to recreate the same experience of old war3, but we moved away from those days. Hoping the pacemon release is a bit quicker and more
fluid.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game feels so far from release. Hoping theres a far more advanced build theyre working on. Also, after playing sc2 for so long, the pace of war3 feels so slow, the movements of units so sluggish. I know theyre trying to recreate the same experience of old war3, but we moved away from those days. Hoping the pacemon release is a bit quicker and more
fluid.
Whaat? Bro, they are doing a re-skin. Not a re-creation. Nobody is asking for them to change the pace of play or anything other than new textures. There would be a riot if they did.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Seems some of the options dont work (cant disable profanity filter?)..game does look pretty though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How in the hell does anyone give a shit about $40 for a video game in 2019? I mean fuck me that’s like $6.27 in 2002 money.

Prices for these products have barely moved in 25 years. Even at $40 we're talking about pennies per hour of entertainment.

It’s more like $30 in 2002. I think I already paid $50 in 2002 for wc3. No way I’m paying them $40 more for a reskin. I’ll pay $6.27 in 2019 bucks for it, otherwise nothx.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
squidward-nobody-cares-meme.png

• 1Salty
  • 1Like