Warcraft III: Reforged

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
how many people were actually playing customs in sc2 though? sc has always been the more 'serious' game I'm not that surprised it took me forever to find games, even just TD games for a while.

I haven't been in the editor in quite a while but what was the issue with it? Genuinely curious as I have no real experience on it. I made quite a few WC3 maps though.

The marketplace thing they had was dumb. IDK about you but I played the fuck out of custom maps in SC:BW. Played quite a few SC2 ones too. SC2 was a total downgrade for the custom map aspect compared to WC3 and SC:BW

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jaina and Sylvanas didn't get enough attention in War3 what? Jaina frequently appeared throughout many campaigns and had a key role in battle of mt Hyjal, and Sylvanas got half of the undead campaign in TFT...

Siliconemelons

Glad the kept the orig cinematic that totally implies a completely different plot and setting that what actually happened lol

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Jaina and Sylvanas didn't get enough attention in War3 what? Jaina frequently appeared throughout many campaigns and had a key role in battle of mt Hyjal, and Sylvanas got half of the undead campaign in TFT...
listen... you and i know this... but the vast majority of people who played WoW never played any other warcraft game. so from their perspective they'd be wondering where sylvanus and jaina are. based on how wow portrays jaina, there's no reason why ANY other mage should be in warcraft 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Only reason I bought SC2 was for the campaigns and custom maps, was sorely disappointed with how customs turned out. WC3 was superior in every way.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
listen... you and i know this... but the vast majority of people who played WoW never played any other warcraft game. so from their perspective they'd be wondering where sylvanus and jaina are. based on how wow portrays jaina, there's no reason why ANY other mage should be in warcraft 3.
They're both already featured prominently in WC3, so why would they be wondering where they are?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i wouldn't really say they are prominently featured, especially sylvanus. she gets a bunch of missions in frozen throne, but if i remember correctly, she only shows up in 1 or 2 missions the base game. jaina definitely has more screen time, but she's just sort of arthas' friend that kinda is just there. like, she doesn't really DO anything.

though i admit i havne't played WC3 in about 20 years.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Kaelthas is central to the story in tft and it sets up the entire reason why high elves went to the horde.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i wouldn't really say they are prominently featured, especially sylvanus. she gets a bunch of missions in frozen throne, but if i remember correctly, she only shows up in 1 or 2 missions the base game. jaina definitely has more screen time, but she's just sort of arthas' friend that kinda is just there. like, she doesn't really DO anything.

Sylvannas was only a side character in the game, of course she is only going to show up in a few missions. She was irrelevant until they decided to do the forsaken stuff in TFT, which will be available in the remaster. there's no reason to give her more prominence.

As for Jaina, she was one of the 4 main characters...

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Jaina saves a fuckload of Lordaeron people by evacuating them following Medivh's advice after the culling of Stratholme. She features in the final missions of both Horde and NE campaigns after she certainly has broken up with Arthas, and she is featured again in the Founding of Orgrimmar during the "horde" i.e. Rexxar's campaign.

Sylvanas appears only in the undead campaign of War3 for three missions (two as your enemy, one as your banshee), but that's pretty easily explained by her role during the Human campaign as defender of Quel'Thalas and the Orc/NE campaign taking place on the other continent. Even Arthas is completely sidelined during those two campaigns.

Her role in the TFT undead campaign is huge.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Jaina is a secondary character in 3 of the 4 WC3 campaigns and the Orc Campaign of TFT. She's the second most featured Human character behind Arthas.

Sylvanas is in 1/3 of the Undead Campaign in WC3 and 1/2 of the Undead Campaign in TFT of which she's the main character.

In WoW Jaina has only been a main character in this expansion. She's a basic questgiver until she shows up in a WotLK dungeon, then she's a side character in the Pandaria War Campaign. Similar story for Sylvanas.

I think Kael'thas was screwed over the most in terms of importance in TFT and importance in WoW.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not even sure why Jaina would show up in Northrend to fight the Lich King. The scourge is exclusively active in the northern half of the eastern Kingdoms and not winning any ground throughout the level 60 story. It is essentially contained in half a Kingdom there. Jaina should be plenty busy keeping Theramore alive and well, given it's surrounded by hostile horde and other nasties.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who wants to play 4v4 with me, tech rush to Tier 3, and spam Orc bat riders. Then fly in behind someone's base, and take out their town hall before they can even TP! Man, that was fun.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not impressed with the art direction they took with the remaster. Looks like they took inspiration from the shitty WC movie or an Age of Empires remake. It doesn’t feel WarCraft.

I don’t know boys... feeling like this might not be worth the time or expense just to have my nostalgia ruined.

• 3Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Nuked my preorder after watching some beta game play + news of the retcon.

• 3Like